In search of first accepted photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilA330 View Post
    16:9 is the only crop ratio that can work for this shot because the aircraft is too low in the original frame. Looks oversharpened to me. For basic sharpening use unsharp mask Amount: 50, Radius: 0.4, Threshold:0 and reapply as necessary. I can also still see the dust post below the horizontal stabilizer and that's without equalizing it. Much improved from the first VS shot though but as I've said, I'm not a screener so best wait for a more qualified response. There's plenty of good advice in this thread though. No need to thank, we all have to start somewhere and I would be remiss to not offer help if within my capabilities.
    Is there a way to tell what sharpening is enough sharpening? Any examples? Is equalizing when you upload to check photos and press check for dust? I think that that would be a very handy tool when lightroom doesn't pick up all the spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Quinn View Post
      Here we go, 2 edits both same adjustments, sharpen etc
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20312[/ATTACH]
      3:2
      1280x851
      Sharpen Amount 200, Radius 0.3, Threshold 5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20311[/ATTACH]
      16:9
      1280x720
      Sharpen Amount 200, Radius 0.3, Threshold 5

Let me know what you think,
      Once again thank you everyone for your time today it's has been appreciated 110%, I can't thank you enough
      The second one is still slightly low, but should be acceptable. Still oversharpened however (visible on tail/reg.), and wrong color profile.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        The second one is still slightly low, but should be acceptable. Still oversharpened however (visible on tail/reg.), and wrong color profile.
        By oversharpened what am I looking out for? Is that blue outline around the tail evidence for oversharpening? Could you show me some examples of soft/sharpned/oversharpened so I have a future reference please?

What about this version Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0061 16 9 1280x720 sharpen 50 0.4 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	642.4 KB
ID:	1031709
        And I have a screenshot of the colour settings, it says sRGB so I'm confused

Comment

By oversharpened what am I looking out for? Is that blue outline around the tail evidence for oversharpening?
          Yes.

Could you show me some examples of soft/sharpned/oversharpened so I have a future reference please?
          As mentioned earlier, it would be a good idea to read the upload guidelines thoroughly, as you might find answers to many of your questions.

Comment

Yes.

As mentioned earlier, it would be a good idea to read the upload guidelines thoroughly, as you might find answers to many of your questions.

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version
            Bookmarked, I have had a quick read and the sharpening section did take my attention. I have seen a video where people create a layer lets say of the registration and sharpen that instead of the full image, is this the way to go? I have been sharpening the full image.

Comment

And I have a screenshot of the colour settings, it says sRGB so I'm confused
              As it says in the screenshot, you're looking at the Working Space color profile, as you can see is set to sRGB. Whatever you are doing when saving/exporting from here is embedding a different profile, namely ProPhoto RGB - or that profile (ProPhoto) is already embedded.

I have seen a video where people create a layer lets say of the registration and sharpen that instead of the full image, is this the way to go? I have been sharpening the full image.
              Everyone will have their own prefered technique, and each image will need different amounts of sharpening. In the same way that each image will not be the exact same brightness, you will need to adjust the sharpening according to each image.
              Last edited by dlowwa; 2018-12-09, 20:09.

Comment

As it says in the screenshot, you're looking at the Working Space color profile, as you can see is set to sRGB. Whatever you are doing when saving/exporting from here is embedding a different profile, namely ProPhoto RGB - or that profile (ProPhoto) is already embedded.

Everyone will have their own prefered technique, and each image will need different amounts of sharpening. In the same way that each image will not be the exact same brightness, you will need to adjust the sharpening according to each image.

I've sharpened the entire photo then sharpened reg and virign atlantic details, I exported and pressed convert to sRGB let me know what you think then maybe I'll add it to the queue

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0061 16 9 1280x720 sharpen 200 0.3 5 Final maybe.jpg
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	1031713

Comment

I've sharpened the entire photo then sharpened reg and virign atlantic details, I exported and pressed convert to sRGB let me know what you think then maybe I'll add it to the queue

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20323[/ATTACH]
                  It's a touch soft towards the nose, but it would be an add for me.

Comment

It's a touch soft towards the nose, but it would be an add for me.

Name:	DSC_0061 16 9 1280x720 sharpen 200 0.3 5 sharp front.jpg
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	1031714 I can't tell the difference but I tried to sharpen the front

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20324[/ATTACH] I can't tell the difference but I tried to sharpen the front
                      Don't see any difference either, so opinion remains the same.

Comment

Don't see any difference either, so opinion remains the same.
                        Here we are sir, a sharpened nose

Name:	DSC_0061 16 9 1280x720 sharpen 200 0.3 5 sharp front smashed it.jpg
Size:	663.4 KB
ID:	1031736

Comment

Here we are sir, a sharpened nose
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]20346[/ATTACH]
                          Borderline passable for me.

Comment