Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrast Rejection: Need enlightenment

Just got a rejection here due to 'contrast' reason
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is it too low of a contrast? In my opinion the only visible black objects in that image are wheels and registration letters. Sunlight's also there.

Originally posted by Bernard Effendy View Post
    Just got a rejection here due to 'contrast' reason
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is it too low of a contrast? In my opinion the only visible black objects in that image are wheels and registration letters. Sunlight's also there.
    On one hand the whole photo looks rather dull, on the other hand the photo has clipped highlights.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

To me the tail/reg area also appears blurry and slightly OS to compensate...

Comment

Originally posted by PrestonFiedler View Post
        To me the tail/reg area also appears blurry and slightly OS to compensate...
        Didn't really check that, bout you are right.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Categories Missing or Wrong?

Dear Screener,

It's about this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7221824

Could you please be more specific about the 'Categories Missing or Wrong' point?

Thanks,
          Bernard

Comment

Dear Screener,

It's about this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7221824

Could you please be more specific about the 'Categories Missing or Wrong' point?

Thanks,
            Bernard
            Night Shot applies. Just a warning though, I would have added blurry to the rejection as well.

Comment

FYI, I didn't tick 'Night Shot' with reference to Wikipedia's definition of 'sunset' and 'dusk'. And at 17:30 local time the sun was still seen in-full above the horizon.

Comment

FYI, I didn't tick 'Night Shot' with reference to Wikipedia's definition of 'sunset' and 'dusk'. And at 17:30 local time the sun was still seen in-full above the horizon.
                Perhaps you should be following JetPhotos guidelines, rather than Wikipedia:

2.2 Categories

Night Shots
                This category should apply for photos taken at dawn, dusk and night. For Dusk and Dawn photos these should show a red-orange glow and long shadows. Dusk or dawn shots where the aircraft is a silhouette in front of a rising or setting sun would be a time where backlit photos are acceptable and Night Shot would apply.

Comment

Dear all,

Got this https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8159949, appealed but rejected again.

I'm okay with the bright edge issue even though my untrained eyes can't see it, and the photo has been accepted at planespotters, because I can take another picture of the plane next time.

The only remaining problem is the CN of the plane. The rego was apparently meant for a Boeing 737 Max 8, but now is used on a Boeing 737-900ER. I'm stuck with figuring out the number on the net, not as easy as the head screener said in his/her comment to the appeal.

Thanks for your help pals,
                  Bernard

Comment

Working...
                  X