Rejection Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Help

I am having some problems editing my photos. Looking through the shots I have on Jetphotos.net, I have noticed that the automatic resizing that the server does reduces the quality of the picture.

Now I have got a bit more experiance I decided to play a bit more with PSP7 and resize my images so that the picture quality was not lost. But when I resize the images in PSP7 the image quality is rubbish, a good shot becomes blurry and the finer details in the shot such as the reg become very distorted. Sharpening the image afterwards does not seem to help.

Here are some examples of recent rejections when I have resized the photo.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks in adavance for you help.

Graham
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Grahm,
    You are going to get people telling you to just "add some USM" and all will be fine. Those definitely look blurry to me as well. Is it possible you are working on a flat panel? That may account for the image looking sharp to you, and not for the screeners.

I would try resizing your image FIRST. Then make adjustments if needed, sharpen last, and save at the highest setting.

Comment

USM ain't gonna fix those puppys. They look out of focus, try what Jeff says and if that doesn't work i suggest using a higher apeture setting.

Comment

Geees...I fail to see how those are blurry. Maybe if I saw them side by side with ones that aren't considered blurry....

Comment

Well for most of them are pretty good...just sharpen them a little bit and try to re-upload

good luck
          Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
            Grahm,
            Is it possible you are working on a flat panel? That may account for the image looking sharp to you, and not for the screeners.
            I'm working on a flat screen and the pictures still look pretty blurry to me.

Comment

Im using a Sony 19" crt and i also fail to see how those are blurry

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                Im using a Sony 19" crt and i also fail to see how those are blurry
                3 words..........."Focus....focus......focus! "

Thomas
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I got a flat screen. Don't look blurry.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

21inch flat here, they dont look blurry to me, maybe need some sharpening but i dont see blurry.

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                    X