Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Kesternich - pre-screening advice

Hey everybody...
    I got the attached photo rejected with the reasons: Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue), Too much or too little contrast, Categories wrong or missing... The latter two are easily fixed (my faults) but I am not sure what to do about the colour. The blue huw from below is the water at Maho Beach reflecting of the plane's surface. I used the clouds in the background to correct the hue in PS Elements.
    Since this aircraft would be a new addition to the database I would really like to improve the picture to get it added. Any ideas how to fix it? Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Peter
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
    Hey everybody...
    I got the attached photo rejected with the reasons: Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue), Too much or too little contrast, Categories wrong or missing... The latter two are easily fixed (my faults) but I am not sure what to do about the colour. The blue huw from below is the water at Maho Beach reflecting of the plane's surface. I used the clouds in the background to correct the hue in PS Elements.
    Since this aircraft would be a new addition to the database I would really like to improve the picture to get it added. Any ideas how to fix it? Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Peter
    I’m not a screener (so could very well be wrong) but it looks like there is a blue cast over the whole image, I’d say this could be fixable in post production using the colour sliders but it’s hard to say. Looks to lack contrast too so have a look at maybe increasing it once you sort the colour out.

Kindest Regards,
    Jordan W

Comment

I used the clouds in the background to correct the hue in PS Elements.
      I would recommend using the aircraft. It is whitest part of the image, so if you use a part in sunlight it should correct it enough for you. Also, contrast is needed as Jordan stated, and remember to mark all the categories (I am assuming you missed Small Prop on this one). Good luck with your next try!

Comment

Hey everybody...
        Cheers,
        Peter
        There is a slight cyan cast (unrelated to water reflection), but probably not enough for a rejection from me. It is obvious to me that the color on the underside of the aircraft is from water reflection, but to be sure, best to include a not to the screeners mentioning such when you resubmit.

Comment

Peter Kesternich - pre-screening advice

Dear j.net team...
          Well - conditions at Jakarta this last August were not the best, but I am trying to get some shots uploaded... Here's an example. Any advice will be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ac-a320200ctv-pk-glu-180818-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1032028

Comment

Dear j.net team...
            Well - conditions at Jakarta this last August were not the best, but I am trying to get some shots uploaded... Here's an example. Any advice will be appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20722[/ATTACH]
            Borderline contrast/overprocessed, but should be workable.

Comment

Prescreening/Editing advice please

Dear j.net screening team...
              I am currently working on the photos from my spotting day at Incheon in October. I have attached a photo which looks okay to me given the circumstances - light overcast with sun shining through the clouds. However, the histogram has a long flat line at the left margin but if I try to adjust it using the strg+l function in Photoshop Elements, it doesn't look realistic anymore... Any suggestions will be appreciated...
              Attached Files

Comment

Dear j.net screening team...
                I am currently working on the photos from my spotting day at Incheon in October. I have attached a photo which looks okay to me given the circumstances - light overcast with sun shining through the clouds. However, the histogram has a long flat line at the left margin but if I try to adjust it using the strg+l function in Photoshop Elements, it doesn't look realistic anymore... Any suggestions will be appreciated...
                Indeed, would be considered borderline for dark/contrast. Also a bit soft.

Comment

Working...
                X