Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Advice

Dear JP Team,

Can you provide your advice how to get rid of problem to the following photos rejected recently.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thank you.

Originally posted by Alvin Ho View Post
    Dear JP Team,

Can you provide your advice how to get rid of problem to the following photos rejected recently.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thank you.
    Contrast is too low due to the hazy conditions, and there is a red cast. The color problem is fixable, the contrast probably not.

Comment

Editing Advice

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Contrast is too low due to the hazy conditions, and there is a red cast. The color problem is fixable, the contrast probably not.
      Any halos around the aircrafts required to fix?

Comment

Any halos around the aircrafts required to fix?
        No.

Comment

No.
          But I received the comment telling me visible editing halos around a/c.

Can you tell me where and how can I avoid this happen.

Thank you.

Comment

But I received the comment telling me visible editing halos around a/c.

Can you tell me where and how can I avoid this happen.

Thank you.
            Sorry, I didn't see that previously. The area immediately above the fuselage is darker than the rest of the background, but I can't tell if that's due to editing, or just a natural phenomenon. Have you received any other rejections for overprocessing?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see that previously. The area immediately above the fuselage is darker than the rest of the background, but I can't tell if that's due to editing, or just a natural phenomenon. Have you received any other rejections for overprocessing?
              Yes “over processed / bad post processing”. This is another one with same issue.

I want to know how can I get rid of this problem.

Is it something wrong due to my camera is high pixel.

Comment

Yes “over processed / bad post processing”. This is another one with same issue.

I want to know how can I get rid of this problem.

Is it something wrong due to my camera is high pixel.
                Yes, similar halo effect visible with this one, and it is more obvious.

Such halos are usually caused by one of two things. Either a) D-lighting is turned on in your Nikon camera; or b) you are adding the halos when processing, usually with tools such as shadow, highlight, clarity, etc..

Ensure D-lighting is turned off, and don't use any of the aforementioned functions when editing, and you shouldn't have problems with such halos.

Comment

Yes, similar halo effect visible with this one, and it is more obvious.

Such halos are usually caused by one of two things. Either a) D-lighting is turned on in your Nikon camera; or b) you are adding the halos when processing, usually with tools such as shadow, highlight, clarity, etc..

Ensure D-lighting is turned off, and don't use any of the aforementioned functions when editing, and you shouldn't have problems with such halos.
                  Thank you for your advice. Is it the halos also affected by sharpening the photo?

Comment

Is it the halos also affected by sharpening the photo?
                    No. Please see:

Comment

Working...
                    X