• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lat1918
    replied
    Originally posted by joaojlle View Post
    Hello everyone, today I got a rejection in this picture:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

My unique question is about the "Invalid Hot", as this aircraft is now being operated by another operator and had it's previous owner stickers removed. When it was operating for TRI Táxi Aéreo it had their symbol near the door and also in the vertical stabilizer. This fact and also the removal of the previous operator symbols of the aircraft aren't reasons for a Hot Shot?
    Also looking at the picture I noticed there's a small spot either it be a bird or dust spot near the rear stabilizer. Just thought you'd like to get that cleared up in case it gets rejected for dust spots

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied
    Ok, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

My unique question is about the "Invalid Hot", as this aircraft is now being operated by another operator and had it's previous owner stickers removed. When it was operating for TRI Táxi Aéreo it had their symbol near the door and also in the vertical stabilizer. This fact and also the removal of the previous operator symbols of the aircraft aren't reasons for a Hot Shot?
    You can ignore the 'Invalid Hot' rejection reason. The screener who added it made a mistake. The other rejection reasons still apply.

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello everyone!
    Today I tried to upload this Picture that got rejected:

I received "Overexposed" and "Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter" rejections. Nothing to say about the "Overexposed" rejection, but I have some questions about the second reason. The "Obstructing Objects" rejection was given because of the "tall" grass that covered the aircraft wheels? The "Foreground Clutter" was given because of the big amount of grass in the Picture? If it is the reason, maybe a Picture of only the aircraft (Not this "line" with another Cherokee) would be accepted?
    Yes, I assume the grass was the problem, although in this situation, it's actually not too bad. Usually more than half the wheels need to be covered for it to be a real issue. I'd be more worried about the exposure, and even more importantly, the strong compression visible. Not sure those quality issues can be rectified.

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied
    Hello everyone!
    Today I tried to upload this Picture that got rejected:

I received "Overexposed" and "Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter" rejections. Nothing to say about the "Overexposed" rejection, but I have some questions about the second reason. The "Obstructing Objects" rejection was given because of the "tall" grass that covered the aircraft wheels? The "Foreground Clutter" was given because of the big amount of grass in the Picture? If it is the reason, maybe a Picture of only the aircraft (Not this "line" with another Cherokee) would be accepted?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    This is interesting... This câmera that I am using now (Canon Powershot SX60HS) is only 1 month old... My first shot here was in March 15th. One day after I bought it....
    I don't know why, but from 2 weeks ago, I started to receive in the rejections the reason "JPG Compression Artifacts", something that I never received before. I really don't know how to correct it, and if this is really an issue with the câmera or only with my editing techniques.
    I don't think it is an issue with the cam, because I had some pictures accepted in those last 2 weeks, but this Advice is useful, I will make something with this new câmera...
    And of course, thanks for your reply and advise!
    Your camera(s) are super-zoom compacts, which fit a massive focal range into a relatively small body. This unfortunately means sacrificing a lot of quality, both in terms of the lens and the sensor. The 'compression' that is causing the rejections is not the traditional compression by saving at low quality settings, but rather pixel smearing that is caused by the relatively small sensor in the camera combined with poor lens quality. This effect is also often seen with cell phone cameras and other compact cameras, but with cell phones they have only a single focal length lens compared to the massive zoom range on yours. That massive zoom range comes at a price, one of loss (smearing) of detail. Unfortunately this means if you are hoping to get images accepted here, you will usually need three conditions to be met: 1. good weather/light 2. be close to the subject 3. related to #2, avoid using the maximum end of the zoom, where quality will be the worst. It's not surprising that the worst of the four images above was taken near the long end of the zoom - the quality looks terrible, as I would expect to with a small sensor combined with a super zoom.

As I said, none of these issues are really fixable with editing. If that's the camera you plan on using to upload images here, just remember only close shots on sunny days without using the maximum zoom, and even then your chances will still be borderline.

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied
    This is interesting... This câmera that I am using now (Canon Powershot SX60HS) is only 1 month old... My first shot here was in March 15th. One day after I bought it....
    I don't know why, but from 2 weeks ago, I started to receive in the rejections the reason "JPG Compression Artifacts", something that I never received before. I really don't know how to correct it, and if this is really an issue with the câmera or only with my editing techniques.
    I don't think it is an issue with the cam, because I had some pictures accepted in those last 2 weeks, but this Advice is useful, I will make something with this new câmera...
    And of course, thanks for your reply and advise!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello everyone, I would like to know if there shots are acceptable!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23860[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23861[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23862[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23863[/ATTACH]

The aircrafts: Eurocopter EC135T2+ (PR-RFC); AeroBoero AB115 (PP-FHT); Agusta A109S Grand (PR-BBC); Eurocopter EC130B4 (PR-GPD).

I also have a question: PR-RFC photo was made during a Sunset, when I upload it, should I mark the "Night Shot" box?

Any help will be appreciated, many thanks!
    These all have issues with softness/compression. The first three might be fixable with better edits, but I'm going to assume the original files are pretty soft and compressed as well, which means it might be a difficult task. I don't like saying it, but this is a case where the camera is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied
    Hello everyone, I would like to know if there shots are acceptable!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PR-RFC 02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,011.2 KB
ID:	1034614 Click image for larger version

Name:	PP-FHT 01.jpg
Size:	936.7 KB
ID:	1034615 Click image for larger version

Name:	PR-BBC 04.jpg
Size:	752.4 KB
ID:	1034616 Click image for larger version

Name:	PR-GPD 01.jpg
Size:	943.5 KB
ID:	1034617

The aircrafts: Eurocopter EC135T2+ (PR-RFC); AeroBoero AB115 (PP-FHT); Agusta A109S Grand (PR-BBC); Eurocopter EC130B4 (PR-GPD).

I also have a question: PR-RFC photo was made during a Sunset, when I upload it, should I mark the "Night Shot" box?

Any help will be appreciated, many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied
    Ok, Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Sorry, but I didn't understand what you wanted to mean with the "Borderline chances at best"... Could you please explain it for me?
    Borderline = could be yes, could be no.

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied
    Sorry, but I didn't understand what you wanted to mean with the "Borderline chances at best"... Could you please explain it for me?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello everyone!
    I would like to know if this photo is acceptable: [ATTACH=CONFIG]23781[/ATTACH]
    In my opinion, it is a little bit overexposed...
    Interesting background, but the contrast is not the best. I'd say borderline chances at best.

Leave a comment:

• joaojlle
    replied
    Hello everyone!
    I would like to know if this photo is acceptable: Click image for larger version

Name:	PT-HKZ 07.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1034550
    In my opinion, it is a little bit overexposed...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X