Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aaflyer787 - editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • aaflyer787 - editing advice

    I’ve tried uploading this photo probably 6 or more times. It’s been the same thing every time to much or to little contrast. I’ve raised and lowered the contrast 3 to 4 times and I can’t help that it’s an overcast shot, and I’m not upset at all because the screener has the right to accept or reject a photo. If someone could help me, that’d be fantastic. I’ll drop the link of the photo below.


    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7075185

  • #2
    Originally posted by aaflyer787 View Post
    I’ve tried uploading this photo probably 6 or more times. It’s been the same thing every time to much or to little contrast. I’ve raised and lowered the contrast 3 to 4 times and I can’t help that it’s an overcast shot, and I’m not upset at all because the screener has the right to accept or reject a photo. If someone could help me, that’d be fantastic. I’ll drop the link of the photo below.


    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7075185
    Light is very poor due to the overcast conditions. You can try adding more contrast, but not sure this image will be fixable with editing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Light is very poor due to the overcast conditions. You can try adding more contrast, but not sure this image will be fixable with editing.
      No worries. I appreciate the advice! It was a hot photo that I really wanted to get up. Thanks again!

      Comment


      • #4

        Greetings Screeners/Fellow Members,

        Looking for some editing tips on these photos for a shot at being added to the database. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

        P.S Would "Night Shot" be recommended when uploading since the sun is technically setting? I'm always hesitant.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	N37525.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1129002
        Click image for larger version  Name:	N153SY.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	1128997
        Click image for larger version  Name:	N948NN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	1128999Click image for larger version  Name:	N866NN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	1128998Click image for larger version  Name:	N14250.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	1129000
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by aaflyer787 View Post
          Greetings Screeners/Fellow Members,

          Looking for some editing tips on these photos for a shot at being added to the database. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

          P.S Would "Night Shot" be recommended when uploading since the sun is technically setting? I'm always hesitant.
          All are a bit too dark, and a couple too low in the frame. Otherwise would be ok for me. Yes, all qualify as night shots.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to go over these more thoroughly as far as exposure goes and centering. Thanks again.

            Comment


            • #7
              Greetings Screeners/fellow members

              Looking for feedback on these 3 photos I intend to add to the queue today. Thankyou in advance!

              Click image for larger version

Name:	N9017P.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	1129228
              Click image for larger version

Name:	N657AW.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1129229
              Click image for larger version

Name:	N752EV.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	1129230

              Thanks again!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aaflyer787 View Post
                Greetings Screeners/fellow members

                Looking for feedback on these 3 photos I intend to add to the queue today. Thank you in advance!
                1. dark/contrast. not fixable
                2-3. borderline soft/dark.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hello screeners/Members,

                  Just looking to see if this photo is eligible for a chance at the database. Just wanted to be sure there was adequate light, and that the contrast was good before adding to the queue. Thanks, as always for your time and feedback!

                  Lynden W.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	C-FPLS.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1129365
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aaflyer787 View Post
                    Hello screeners/Members,

                    Just looking to see if this photo is eligible for a chance at the database. Just wanted to be sure there was adequate light, and that the contrast was good before adding to the queue. Thanks, as always for your time and feedback!

                    Lynden W.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	C-FPLS.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1129365
                    Borderline for issues with sharpening and contrast. Doesn't look like the quality is really there for 1920pix, might want to try something smaller.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Agreed now that I think of it. I always forget about the idea of going smaller. That’s what I’ll do and maybe we can try to look it over again before entering it into a queue spot. Thanks as always Dlowwa. Have a happy new year!

                      lynden

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Greetings again screeners/members,

                        I'd like to get into entering more photos with closer crops and was wondering if 16x9 would be the best to use for a shot like this or any for that matter? I know photos being cutoff can be an issue, just wanted to know if I'm headed in the right direction as far as this one goes in particular or if I should stick to proper crops? Thanks for the feedback. Photo below is at 1920px.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	C-GBHZ.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1129517

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by aaflyer787 View Post
                          Greetings again screeners/members,

                          I'd like to get into entering more photos with closer crops and was wondering if 16x9 would be the best to use for a shot like this or any for that matter? I know photos being cutoff can be an issue, just wanted to know if I'm headed in the right direction as far as this one goes in particular or if I should stick to proper crops? Thanks for the feedback. Photo below is at 1920px.
                          Borderline crop. Quality is too poor for 1920pix in any case.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hello fellow members and screeners,

                            Thanks as always for taking the time to review my post. As I understand with most of the hot photos that get accepted, it's a new registration, aircraft, repaint, etc. However, if an aircraft is already registered and in the database, but the aircraft transitions to floats in the summer, would that be considered a hot photo? Photo is down below, and it wouldn't hurt to have it pre-screened either before taking up time and a queue spot. Pic is at 1920px. Thanks as always for the comments and feedback.

                            Lynden W.


                            Click image for larger version

Name:	N77NF.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	967.2 KB
ID:	1134032
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aaflyer787 View Post
                              Hello fellow members and screeners,

                              Thanks as always for taking the time to review my post. As I understand with most of the hot photos that get accepted, it's a new registration, aircraft, repaint, etc. However, if an aircraft is already registered and in the database, but the aircraft transitions to floats in the summer, would that be considered a hot photo? Photo is down below, and it wouldn't hurt to have it pre-screened either before taking up time and a queue spot. Pic is at 1920px. Thanks as always for the comments and feedback.
                              Some editing halos visible, and too soft for 1920pix. Not hot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X