Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most common rejection???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most common rejection???

    I was having a chat the other day to some other spotters and we were talking about what the most common reason for rejection. Are there any screeners or admins that have any stats? I am really interested by this and am looking forward to hearing back.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jakeb Claridge View Post
    I was having a chat the other day to some other spotters and we were talking about what the most common reason for rejection. Are there any screeners or admins that have any stats? I am really interested by this and am looking forward to hearing back.
    Without any numbers to confirm it I would say :

    1) soft
    2) contrast
    3) horizon

    Maybe my fellow screened have a diff ideas ?

    Alex

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      Without any numbers to confirm it I would say :

      1) soft
      2) contrast
      3) horizon

      Maybe my fellow screened have a diff ideas ?

      Alex
      Hmm ok thank you for the reply

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
        Without any numbers to confirm it I would say :

        1) soft
        2) contrast
        3) horizon

        Maybe my fellow screened have a diff ideas ?

        Alex
        Those would probably be my top three as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Based on the last 2 months:

          Reason Share
          Contrast 19.0%
          Soft 13.2%
          Dark/Under 10.2%
          Compression 5.2%
          Over Proc 5.1%
          Categories 5.0%
          Comp/Center 4.9%
          Color 4.1%
          Scan/CMOS 3.8%
          Horizon 3.6%
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
            Based on the last 2 months:

            Reason Share
            Contrast 19.0%
            Soft 13.2%
            Dark/Under 10.2%
            Compression 5.2%
            Over Proc 5.1%
            Categories 5.0%
            Comp/Center 4.9%
            Color 4.1%
            Scan/CMOS 3.8%
            Horizon 3.6%
            WOW! That's actually very suprising, would have never guessed. Thank you for sharing that

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              Based on the last 2 months:

              Reason Share
              Contrast 19.0%
              Soft 13.2%
              Dark/Under 10.2%
              Compression 5.2%
              Over Proc 5.1%
              Categories 5.0%
              Comp/Center 4.9%
              Color 4.1%
              Scan/CMOS 3.8%
              Horizon 3.6%
              That's pretty much what I would expect, at least based on my rejections. Undersharp/soft, Dark, and Contrast get me probably 90% of the time. The rest are random things (usually some boneheaded error on my part) and my favorite rejection of all, "vignetting not allowed." Thankfully I've gotten good enough to usually avoid that one.

              Comment


              • #8
                if I were to guess it would be in this order:
                1. Horizon
                2. contrast
                3. soft
                4. not centred
                but i'm not a screener or anything

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jakeb Claridge View Post
                  if I were to guess it would be in this order:
                  1. Horizon
                  2. contrast
                  3. soft
                  4. not centred
                  but i'm not a screener or anything
                  Well, it's in the order posted above
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                    Based on the last 2 months:

                    Reason Share
                    Contrast 19.0%
                    Soft 13.2%
                    Dark/Under 10.2%
                    Compression 5.2%
                    Over Proc 5.1%
                    Categories 5.0%
                    Comp/Center 4.9%
                    Color 4.1%
                    Scan/CMOS 3.8%
                    Horizon 3.6%
                    WOW! I fully recognise my own problems in that order!
                    Of course I work on these to get/keep a "high" acceptance ratio (~80%) depending on easy or difficult light conditions.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X