Dash8captain Pre-screenin/editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash8captain Pre-screenin/editing advice

Can someone please explain how my rejected photo below is not centered? or bad framing?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

For example this photo (not mine) below has a lot more space in the foreground than mine does and to me I would suggest its not centered?

EI-FTK. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Please help

Originally posted by Dash8captain View Post
    Can someone please explain how my rejected photo below is not centered? or bad framing?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

For example this photo (not mine) below has a lot more space in the foreground than mine does and to me I would suggest its not centered?

EI-FTK. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Please help
    In your photo, the aircraft is slightly too low in the frame. Borderline though, but to me the photo looks a bit unbalanced.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

As it is the centre is running along the top of the roof. It should be running through the centre of the fuselage.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks Guys so what your saying is regardless of foreground etc the centre of the fuselage should be dead centre of the pic?

All my rejections seem to be due to bad framing/aircraft not centered...

Comment

Unfortunately your photo is uncentred. In your case it's slightly low in the frame. You should bring a tad up so it balances. In the other photo you're using as an example, the aircraft's fuselage is also slightly low in the frame, but its tall vertical tail fin compensates for that to create a balanced composition.

Comment

Okay yet another rejected because of centering etc in my opinion I cant see what's not centered about this one ...

Comment

Okay yet another rejected because of centering etc in my opinion I cant see what's not centered about this one ...

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6994303
              Did you read the screener's remarks in the rejection email?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Did you read the screener's remarks in the rejection email?
                Hi yes I did thanks for your reply and I see it says it its too low in frame if i study it hard i can see it is a tad low maybe? I crop my photos so there isn't any wasted space so I maybe not cropping them accurate enough?

How would I go about ensuring the aircraft is centered exactly right so the screener's find it at a 'balanced composition'?

I use Adobe Photoshop to edit my pics - any suggestions or tips on how to remedy the issue i'm having would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Hi yes I did thanks for your reply and I see it says it its too low in frame if i study it hard i can see it is a tad low maybe? I crop my photos so there isn't any wasted space so I maybe not cropping them accurate enough?

How would I go about ensuring the aircraft is centered exactly right so the screener's find it at a 'balanced composition'?

I use Adobe Photoshop to edit my pics - any suggestions or tips on how to remedy the issue i'm having would be greatly appreciated
                  There is a tool on the image page for checking the centering. It is called 'Center'. If you click on it you will see a centering grid overlaid on the image. You can see the bulk of the aircraft is below the center line in your image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	475.1 KB
ID:	1031848

Comment

Bit late then though isn't it? You cant use that tool prior to upload?

Comment

Hey Terry, Most cropping tools on editing software will have a centre point, use this for putting it in the centre of the aircraft's fuselage (keeping in mind to make sure the image looks balanced) and then double check with the 'centre' tool once you add it too the queue.

Remember if you ever need any help at all dude i'm a Facebook message away!

Cheers,
                      Jordan W

Comment

It is usable on any image in the queue, so you had roughly 4-5 days to use it to check the image before it was screened.

Comment

Dash8captain Pre-screenin/editing advice

Just wondering whether this is JP acceptable probably a long shot but asking anyway

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_173508.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1032636

Comment

Just wondering whether this is JP acceptable probably a long shot but asking anyway

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21430[/ATTACH]
                            Pre-screening by crew is only offered on the final image(s) you plan to upload.

Comment

Just had this rejected would like to know what I did wrong for the category's? and also dead space? is there a rule I can go on? having it zoomed out as it is gives a nice background view also while still pretty big in the frame...

Comment

Working...
                              X