Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlines for General Aviation

Hi,

today I got several rejections of pictures showing Bizjets and Props with the reason: Bad Info: Airline. I uploaded with Private as airline.

Rejection IDs were 7103551, 7103752, 7103525, 7103519

I appealed one of them asking if I need to create a new airline, the answer was yes.

So I stopped using private whenever the FAA states that a company is using a specific airframe and requested several new airlines for these jets. Some of them were accepted earlier, but now I get loads and loads of rejections for several other airlines with the comment: use private.

So what now? Whatever I do gets rejected, this is frustrating. I do want to comply, but there seem to be different attitudes from the sceeners and/or database editors here.

I always use the FAA website as source.

Hi,

Let me say I am not a screener so can't be 100% sure, but my approach when deciding if it was airline or private is as follows.
    1. Is it owned by a company or individual? If individual then it's private
    2. If it is owned by a company does the company own multiple aircraft, and is their mission (or at least part of it) to provide any kind of service with that aircraft? Or is it used for private transport for members within the company?

One of the regos you provided is owned by DT Equipment Leasing, which does appear to own a number of aircraft and may be considered an airline. The lines do certainly seem blurred though, take N1972N for example. Some photos in the database have the operator listed as Nike Inc., while others have it as private.

Sorry if this is not much help, just some observations I have made

Comment

The general consensus for small props is all Private. Except if thet have titles for example of a flying school or GA operator.

We dont list all the Inc's, Co's and other mailbox owners.
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
        The general consensus for small props is all Private. Except if thet have titles for example of a flying school or GA operator.

We dont list all the Inc's, Co's and other mailbox owners.
        That was also how I was thinking. But then I got these rejections demanding an airline for them... Thats why I ask.

Comment

Working...
        X