No announcement yet.

Pre-screening please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, please pre-screen this photo. Thank you!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7689.CR2-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	1034711

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Andrew - CVG Spotter
    Canon T4i - 75-300mm

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewBison View Post
      Hello, please pre-screen this photo. Thank you!!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]23972[/ATTACH]
      Thanks,
      Andrew
      Soft/blurry, very poor contrast, overprocessed.

Comment

• Hello, please pre-screen this photo, thank you!!

Name:	IMG_0019 (1)-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	569.1 KB
ID:	1034797

Thanks,
        Andrew
        Andrew - CVG Spotter
        Canon T4i - 75-300mm

Comment

• Welp, I have submitted 3 photos to the queue, 2 of which have been screened, and have all been rejected. BTW, these have been pre-screened, and accepted.

Should I make a comment to the screeners that these photos have been pre-screened? Or does pre-screening not really mean anything?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
          Andrew - CVG Spotter
          Canon T4i - 75-300mm

Comment

Welp, I have submitted 3 photos to the queue, 2 of which have been screened, and have all been rejected. BTW, these have been pre-screened, and accepted.

Should I make a comment to the screeners that these photos have been pre-screened? Or does pre-screening not really mean anything?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
            I'm not going to be offering you prescreening any more. Over the past week or so, you have submitted three images I advised you not to, two of which you appealed, the most recent of which you stated in your appeal comments that it had been approved in prescreening, which was a lie. To refresh your memory:

This image:

Name:	IMG_0064-2.jpg
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	1034868

Of which I said

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Going to have to disagree with Geri. That image is heavily compressed, blurry, and yet oversharpened in parts. Don't think it will have much chance on screening.
            This image:

Name:	IMG_8939.CR2.jpg
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	1034869

Of which I said

Yes, although the quality is terrible.
            And most recently this image:

Name:	IMG_4915-2.jpg
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	1034870

Of which I said

Would be rejected for horizon, compression, noise, and oversharpened.
            And which you appealed saying just the opposite, that it had been approved here (never mind the fact that on the suggestion page, which I've asked you to read multiple times, we ask you not to), which is simply not true.

It was your right to ignore the advice you were given of course, but I then have zero motivation to provide any more advice in the future.

Comment

Hello, please pre-screen this photo, thank you!!
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]24066[/ATTACH]

Thanks,
              Andrew
              Hi, I am not a screener, so wait for official word.

I am pretty sure your photo will be rejected for soft, horizon, and maybe contrast/exposure too.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure why this showed up in my new posts feed, apparently the last post was more than a week ago.

Comment

• Hello,
                I've been working on my photography skills recently, and I've been learning a lot. Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way!
                Please pre-screen these photos, thank you!!

Name:	IMG_1416-2.jpg
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	1035240Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1910-4.jpg
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	1035241Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	1035242

Thanks,
                Andrew
                Andrew - CVG Spotter
                Canon T4i - 75-300mm

Comment

Hello,
                  I've been working on my photography skills recently, and I've been learning a lot. Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way!
                  Please pre-screen these photos, thank you!!
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]24597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24599[/ATTACH]

Thanks,
                  Andrew
                  Hi. As usual, obligatory disclaimer that I'm not a screener.

I think your photos are looking better than before in terms of sharpness, crop, and horizon. But on numbers 1 and 2, you may get flagged for contrast and on all three it looks like they may be backlit.

Wait and see if an official screener replies, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvdl View Post
                    Hi. As usual, obligatory disclaimer that I'm not a screener.

I think your photos are looking better than before in terms of sharpness, crop, and horizon. But on numbers 1 and 2, you may get flagged for contrast and on all three it looks like they may be backlit.

Wait and see if an official screener replies, though.
                    Hello, yes I know.

Thanks for taking a look! I knew the lighting was a bit harsh, especially on 1 and 2, but I thought they might've still had a chance.

Thanks,
                    Andrew
                    Andrew - CVG Spotter
                    Canon T4i - 75-300mm

Comment

Hello, yes I know.

Thanks for taking a look! I knew the lighting was a bit harsh, especially on 1 and 2, but I thought they might've still had a chance.

Thanks,
                      Andrew
                      Please take a look at the upload guidelines here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version

Pay special attention to points 5.1 (backlit) and 5.2 (contrast). Backlit photos was something I really struggled with initially.

Again, I don't have the expert eyes of a screener, it's just something that I suspect you may get flagged on. It's your choice to queue them up or not.

Comment

• Unfortunately Andrew doesn't seem to want to follow the spirit of the Feedback Forum, so he might not be getting too many replies from the crew.

Andrew, even after you private messaged me yesterday promising you would listen to our requests about using the forum from now on, just a few hours later you would go a disregard another.

On the Suggestions when asking for editing advice page, which you have been asked to read multiple times, we clearly ask that you come to the forum for advice before appealing, to see if an appeal is actually called for.

Still, you immediately appealed the rejection of your Kalitta 747 yesterday, despite again, 1) our request that you ask for help in the forum before appealing, and 2) at least one of the rejection reasons being objective, i.e. something that can't be overturned on appeal. If you had posted here asking advice first, you would have saved all parties involved time, and you may have actually gotten a response from the crew again. Now, I just don't really see that happening, at least from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                          Unfortunately Andrew doesn't seem to want to follow the spirit of the Feedback Forum, so he might not be getting too many replies from the crew.

Andrew, even after you private messaged me yesterday promising you would listen to our requests about using the forum from now on, just a few hours later you would go a disregard another.

On the Suggestions when asking for editing advice page, which you have been asked to read multiple times, we clearly ask that you come to the forum for advice before appealing, to see if an appeal is actually called for.

Still, you immediately appealed the rejection of your Kalitta 747 yesterday, despite again, 1) our request that you ask for help in the forum before appealing, and 2) at least one of the rejection reasons being objective, i.e. something that can't be overturned on appeal. If you had posted here asking advice first, you would have saved all parties involved time, and you may have actually gotten a response from the crew again. Now, I just don't really see that happening, at least from me.
                          Hello, I'm not arguing with what you're saying, however, I never asked about the Kalitta 747 in the forum because I wasn't expecting to receive a reply from a screener, particularly you..

Thanks,
                          Andrew
                          Andrew - CVG Spotter
                          Canon T4i - 75-300mm

Comment

I wasn't expecting to receive a reply from a screener, particularly you..
                            Andrew, snide remarks will get you nowhere. You will really benefit a lot from the screeners' expertise. They're not being vindictive.

Try to follow this workflow for your photos.

Name:	JP.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1035257

Comment

Hello, I'm not arguing with what you're saying, however, I never asked about the Kalitta 747 in the forum because I wasn't expecting to receive a reply from a screener, particularly you..

Thanks,
                              Andrew
                              Point is, you didn't even bother trying because you thought you were right. If you had checked the rejection reasons thoroughly before appealing (or asked here - anyone, not just me - could have told you the same), you would have seen there was no chance at acceptance as your image is well below the minimum accepted size ratio, something that no appeal would have ever overturned. Anyway, my point about you only seeking advice when it suits you, and disregarding it when it doesn't has only been reinforced.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvdl View Post
                                Andrew, snide remarks will get you nowhere. You will really benefit a lot from the screeners' expertise. They're not being vindictive.

Try to follow this workflow for your photos.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]24622[/ATTACH]
                                Nice chart, though I would amend it around the rejection/appeal stage - 'Accepted by screeners? -> No -> Check in forum if rejection was justified...'

Asking your friends other photographers is nice, but they won't be the ones handling the appeals. In my experience only about 10-20% of appeals are accepted, so the chances are the rejection was justified, and it would be best to find that out before appealing - thus our request to use the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X