Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To much or to little contrast? Please advise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To much or to little contrast? Please advise.

Hi Everyone,
    to much or to little contrast? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

A) https://photos.app.goo.gl/VzNzfa5EBJqf8g7w8
    B) https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vw4bp3C6dUTFpaD98
    C) https://photos.app.goo.gl/GxBiME3adRoUufpt6

Why your pictures have JP bar on the bottom?
    Please do not ask for advice when pics are already in queue.
    They will be screened as per normal process.

Comment

There are rejected photos. Disregard the bar under the pictures.

Comment

Please present the rejected pics as JP links then. It would help screeners to check your rejections and advise.

Comment

I’m not a screener, but all 3 lack contrast, as shown by the lack of dark tones (presence on the left) on the histogram. The last two photos also seem backlit to me

Comment

In all three images, the sky is brighter than the foreground subject (aircraft), in fact the third one actually looks backlit. This will almost always result in a rejection for contrast, and is not something that is easily fixable with editing. Better to consider your shooting position and the light conditions the next time you are out taking pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by klaxspotting View Post
              I’m not a screener, but all 3 lack contrast, as shown by the lack of dark tones (presence on the left) on the histogram. The last two photos also seem backlit to me
              Thanks, klaxspotting. I try add more black for B photo. Backlit is not a reason for rejection B and C photos.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                In all three images, the sky is brighter than the foreground subject (aircraft), in fact the third one actually looks backlit. This will almost always result in a rejection for contrast, and is not something that is easily fixable with editing. Better to consider your shooting position and the light conditions the next time you are out taking pictures.
                Thanks for your advice, dlowwa. Are the "sky brighter than the foreground" light conditions has no chance for acceptance?

Comment

Originally posted by Jauhen View Post
                  Thanks for your advice, dlowwa. Are the "sky brighter than the foreground" light conditions has no chance for acceptance?
                  I won't say no chance (and silhouette type images are a different story), but it would be very difficult in most situations.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X