Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to focus on:

1. Blurriness
    - from my own experience I know that developing a good panning technique is worth more than all the L lenses in the world. This will take time and practice. This means that if your subject is moving your camera has to keep moving too
    - set camera to continuous shooting and keep the shutter button depressed
    - keep shutter speeds up for now to compensate, try 1/800 or better

2. Quality. These photos are heavily compressed. This makes the file size small but quality suffers
    - make sure your camera is set to take the maximum size and quality JPEGs
    - make sure to save as max quality JPEG in your photo editor. If your editor doesn't give you that option don't use it
    - do not use RAW unless you already know how to process such files

It's going to take a few steps to get your photos to match the upload guidelines. Don't worry about the 14 day wait. Only go to the airport in perfect light conditions (like the Westjet, not like the 747 and A319). Don't get frustrated along the way.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
      Things to focus on:

1. Blurriness
      - from my own experience I know that developing a good panning technique is worth more than all the L lenses in the world. This will take time and practice. This means that if your subject is moving your camera has to keep moving too

2. Quality. These photos are heavily compressed. This makes the file size small but quality suffers
      - make sure to save as max quality JPEG in your photo editor. If your editor doesn't give you that option don't use it

It's going to take a few steps to get your photos to match the upload guidelines. Don't worry about the 14 day wait. Only go to the airport in perfect light conditions (like the Westjet, not like the 747 and A319). Don't get frustrated along the way.

Alex
      Hey Alex, thank you for the great advice! I will put them into use the next time I spot Also, do you think the WestJet is worth a shot if I gave it a re-edit?

Comment

Originally posted by Yvrleisurespotter View Post
        Hey Alex, thank you for the great advice! I will put them into use the next time I spot Also, do you think the WestJet is worth a shot if I gave it a re-edit?
        If the original is as blurry as the one you posted, no.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          If the original is as blurry as the one you posted, no.
          Alright, I'll take that into consideration, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
            Things to focus on:

1. Blurriness

Alex
            With regards to #2, that could also happen if the images weren't imported over correctly. For example, a WiFi device rather than from the camera directly over to the computer.
            My profile: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/110302

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/154462236@N03/
            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doughertyevan_/

Comment

Originally posted by Runway28L View Post
              With regards to #2, that could also happen if the images weren't imported over correctly. For example, a WiFi device rather than from the camera directly over to the computer.
              Would importing SD card to computer then onto USB stick affect the quality?

Comment

Would importing SD card to computer then onto USB stick affect the quality?
                Unless you've somehow selectively changed the file sizes, no. Compression is almost always a result of how you are saving the images, either when taking them, or after processing.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  Unless you've somehow selectively changed the file sizes, no. Compression is almost always a result of how you are saving the images, either when taking them, or after processing.
                  Ah I see, thanks!

Comment

Editing Advice

Hello fellow spotters,

I just uploaded these two photos and was wondering do they have a chance of being approved? Any advice would help, thank you all in advance!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1783-02_edited.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1033494Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2639_edited.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	1033495

Comment

Hello fellow spotters,

I just uploaded these two photos and was wondering do they have a chance of being approved? Any advice would help, thank you all in advance!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22469[/ATTACH]
                      Unfortunately would be rejected for:

1. backlit, centering, overprocessed, compression
                      2. contrast, color, soft, compression

Also, in the future please keep your editing/prescreening requests to a single thread.

Comment

Ah I see, thanks for the feedback! Alright, I'll make sure to have a single thread in the future.

Comment

No worries. I’ll probably be out there for a few hours in the morning tomorrow shooting, let me know if you want to meet up.

Comment

Working...
                          X