• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Quality looks ok to me.
    I got this yellow Canadair rejected for contrast and soft. I can understand why softness, but i dont see anything wrong with the contrast. Should I sharpen and re-upload or is it ok?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canada Quebec Govt C-GBQI unloading 10-21-19 1 JP 1180.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	1043602

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by dp.aviation02
    I put the correct info though, and I had double checked it too. I used the auto-fill also, and it selected the correct genre for me. Ill appeal it and if the info really was bad, Ill re-upload.
    Your decision to make of course, but kind of a waste of time for us since it would only have been rejected for genre if you input it wrong, so there is no chance an appeal will be successful. As such, I won't be offering any more advice if you decide to ignore mine and appeal anyway.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by dp.aviation02 View Post
    Hi

The qantas was rejected for contrast, and "bad info- genre" even though everything was correct and the contrast is fine. Should I appeal it
    Well, if you put the wrong genre, then that's on you, nothing I/we can do about that.

Leave a comment:

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Hi

The qantas was rejected for contrast, and "bad info- genre" even though everything was correct and the contrast is fine. Should I appeal it

Leave a comment:

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Ah okay. Good to know. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to post this. My apologies in advance. I changed my display name, but it isn't reflecting on any of my photos. I would like my name to be changed to Dylan Port. ​It shows it on my profile but it wont show on the photos or anything else.

Thanks

Dylan
    You cannot change the names on the photos once uploaded.

Leave a comment:

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Name change issue

Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to post this. My apologies in advance. I changed my display name, but it isn't reflecting on any of my photos. I would like my name to be changed to Dylan Port. ​It shows it on my profile but it wont show on the photos or anything else.

Thanks

Dylan

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    So otherwise do you think its fine?
    Would be ok for me, yes.

Leave a comment:

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Inflight applies only if you were flying (in flight) when you took the photos. Undisclosed only if there is a reason for keeping the location a secret.

Glare is a bit distracting, yes, but can't say it would be enough to cause a rejection on its own.
    So otherwise do you think its fine?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks.
    A couple questions for uploading. For the location, should i put "inflight" or "other location" and put either the area or undisclosed?
    Inflight applies only if you were flying (in flight) when you took the photos. Undisclosed only if there is a reason for keeping the location a secret.

Also, I was able to go airside to see the last Qantas RR 747 the other day. I have some other really cool shots with sun glare that I am working on. For now, could I get this one pre-screened too? (By far the hardest photo I have gotten due to such strict rules at LAX)
    Glare is a bit distracting, yes, but can't say it would be enough to cause a rejection on its own.

Leave a comment:

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Quality looks ok to me.
    Thanks.
    A couple questions for uploading. For the location, should i put "inflight" or "other location" and put either the area or undisclosed?

Also, I was able to go airside to see the last Qantas RR 747 the other day. I have some other really cool shots with sun glare that I am working on. For now, could I get this one pre-screened too? (By far the hardest photo I have gotten due to such strict rules at LAX)

Name:	QF VH-OJU 747-4 RR 10-13-19 JP 1800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	815.6 KB
ID:	1043449

Thanks again for the help!

-Dylan

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hey,

There was a large brush fire a mile from my place, and once I saw an MD87 doing low passes over my house, I hopped in my car with my camera and raced over. I got some really cool shots, but because law enforcement blocked off the road, I had to zoom my lens in all the way. Of course, that means I lost some quality. I have a couple shots I'd like pre-screened. I tried my best to remove any spots, but if i missed any, it was ash in the air, not on my camera. The ash was very large (still in my hair right now hahaha) Not sure if there is some leniency with emergency operations due to law enforcement? Probably not.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29415[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29417[/ATTACH]
    Quality looks ok to me.

Leave a comment:

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Hey,

There was a large brush fire a mile from my place, and once I saw an MD87 doing low passes over my house, I hopped in my car with my camera and raced over. I got some really cool shots, but because law enforcement blocked off the road, I had to zoom my lens in all the way. Of course, that means I lost some quality. I have a couple shots I'd like pre-screened. I tried my best to remove any spots, but if i missed any, it was ash in the air, not on my camera. The ash was very large (still in my hair right now hahaha) Not sure if there is some leniency with emergency operations due to law enforcement? Probably not.

Name:	Erickson Air 735 n164ac 10-21-19 JP 1300.jpg
Size:	490.7 KB
ID:	1043431

Name:	Canada Quebec Govt C-GBQI unloading 10-21-19 1 JP 1180.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	1043432

Name:	Erickson 105 N295EA MD87 unloading 10-21-19 3 JP 1180.jpg
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	1043433

The last one took alot of pleading with law enforcement to allow me to go down the main road to the police barrier. Luckily I didnt get a parking ticket because there were 40 other evacuees blocking a lane with parked cars

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hey,

Could I please get this pre-screened?

thanks![ATTACH=CONFIG]28977[/ATTACH]
    Looks OK, maybe borderline clipped highlights. Better be safe and check the histogram again.

Leave a comment:

• dp.aviation02
    replied
    Hey,

Could I please get this pre-screened?

thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	Atlas N415MC 744 Cargo 3-16-19 JP 1600.jpg
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	1043056

Leave a comment:

Working...