X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by tomas_cubero View Post

Ok, so a 1600px upload might make it through?
    Might. Might not. Can't really speculate on an image I can't see.

Maybe re-working the sharpness part to try and upload 1920?
    You could try, but higher resolutions always make flaws more obvious.

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I've moved your posts to your previous thread, but in the future please keep all posts to a single thread or they will be deleted.

This image is much too soft for 1920pix. Compression should not be an issue.
    Hi Dana,

Apologize for the double thread; tried looking if I had done one but was unsure. Thanks for merging them.

Ok, so a 1600px upload might make it through? Always get worried about how they looked equalized as there is all sorts of stuff going on that the naked eye can't see.

Maybe re-working the sharpness part to try and upload 1920?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hey Guys,

Looking for some advice on this shot before uploading, especially if the "sky" is an issue after equalizing or any other comments you may have for me with night photos especially.
    Hello, please read here carefully when you get the chance:

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew: If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice" Prescreening is offered

I've moved your posts to your previous thread, but in the future please keep all posts to a single thread or they will be deleted.

This image is much too soft for 1920pix. Compression should not be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    replied
    Hey Guys,

Looking for some advice on this shot before uploading, especially if the "sky" is an issue after equalizing or any other comments you may have for me with night photos especially.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    replied
    Too little, but the heavy overcast means that simply adding more might not work.
    Thanks. I just always wonder when I get that rejection reason if it's either too much or too little. Maybe that rejection reason should be split in two.

Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Though some of my best shots are in rainy weather.
    Nice. Just be prepared for the fact that such images are generally harder to get accepted.

It just seems that recently any interesting photo is rejected if its not blue skies and perfect sun.
    'Interesting' for you, but it's rather subjective, wouldn't you say?

Still doesn't answer if its too much or too little contrast.
    Too little, but the heavy overcast means that simply adding more might not work.

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    replied

Rainy shots mean cloudy weather, cloudy weather usually means poor contrast, poor contrast usually means a rejection..
    Though some of my best shots are in rainy weather. It just seems that recently any interesting photo is rejected if its not blue skies and perfect sun. Still doesn't answer if its too much or too little contrast.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Any feedback on this? I'd like to know why rain shots which are extremely hard to produce are usually a no-no:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It would also help if it was explained if its too much OR too little contrast.

Thanks!
    Rainy shots mean cloudy weather, cloudy weather usually means poor contrast, poor contrast usually means a rejection..

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    replied
    Any feedback on this? I'd like to know why rain shots which are extremely hard to produce are usually a no-no:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It would also help if it was explained if its too much OR too little contrast.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi JP,

Could I get some feedback on this rejection:

Thanks!
    Nose area is soft/blurry, and contrast is poor due to overcast conditions.

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    replied
    Hi JP,

Could I get some feedback on this rejection:

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mahagonny
    replied
    Actually you can only work on the plane with lightroom or camra raw tools. With raw camera, which I use, using the adjustment brush. Sometimes I use it to adjust shadows

Leave a comment:

• Pta Aviation
    replied
    Hi there. Unfortunately from my perspective it doesn't look like there is much you can do to get this image to be accepted. My advice is to get other shots with better lighting.

Leave a comment:

• tomas_cubero
    replied
    Better balance yes, but the masking job you needed to do to darken the sky is visible on the tail, pushing it well into overprocessed territory.
    Copy that, back to the drawing board then. I will upload a new edit once I'm done again. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi There,

Thanks so much for your reply, I appreciate it.

I have been playing around with the RAW and got to this result, the sky may be too dark but I believe there is much better contrast and maybe a little more tweaking and I can get an acceptable shot, let me know what you think about it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23127[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
    Tomas.
    Better balance yes, but the masking job you needed to do to darken the sky is visible on the tail, pushing it well into overprocessed territory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X