Raihan Ahmed - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raihan Ahmed - Editing Advice

I'm trying my best to keep my camera's sensor free from dust spots. Last time I cleaned it 6 months ago,today I can see just spots on my photos again.
    I'm very frustrated.

how can I keep my camera sensor free from dust spots? any advice please?

Don't ever change the lense .... NEVER!

Other than that, get used to clean the sensor from time to time.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

A blower brush will often suffice.
      Next step up is a can of compressed air....

....but the best solution is Eclipse cleaning fluid and swabs.

This is what I use. Follow the instructions and even a ham fisted clod like me can do it !

If you need to take the lens off then do it in still air with the camera body face down. Don't leave the bodly laying around, get a lens back on it as soon as possible.
      Last edited by brianw999; 2015-08-27, 18:29.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks a lot Brian and Gerardo for your valuable suggestions
        I change my lenses frequently as I have only one body but four lenses,I think this is the prime reason for which my camera sensor is suffering from dust spots. From now I need to be careful while changing the lens unless I'm getting a new body.

Comment

I'm lucky in that my wife bought me a D7000 body........and then she bought me a second one ! I cannot remember the last time I changed a lens.....

.....but I still get the occasional dust spot !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            I'm lucky in that my wife bought me a D7000 body........and then she bought me a second one ! I cannot remember the last time I changed a lens.....

.....but I still get the occasional dust spot !
            Well that means dusts can enter the sensor even if we don't change lenses frequently!

Comment

Originally posted by Raihan Ahmed View Post
              Well that means dusts can enter the sensor even if we don't change lenses frequently!
              Yeah. Unless the lens is completely dustproof you will get dust in. The Canon 100-400L was the source of many complaints regarding this, not so much nowadays, maybe because the self-cleaning sensors make this problem less of a nightmare.

I still shoot with an original EOS 1DS from time to time and that camera is a real dust magnet.
              [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

The act of zooming a lens acts like a pump and can suck dust in.

Comment

The worst part of photo editing is the removal of DUST SPOTS, I damn hate to do this :'(

Comment

Vignetting

Didn't do any vignetting here,but don't know how it got vignetting effect. I think I should've shot on RAW. Am I right?

Comment

Vignetting normally causes a darkening of the corners but this one has light corners....and I haven't got a clue how it happened unless you have used too much anti vignette.

Comment

Yes, I may have used too much anti-vignette when I saw dark corners.
                        But my question is I didn't shoot it on RAW,now how can I correct dark corners?

Comment

But my question is I didn't shoot it on RAW,now how can I correct dark corners?
                          Hi,

If you're using Photoshop, then Filter -> Lens Correction -> Vignette

However, if you've already used 'anti-vignette' why don't you just follow the same steps?

Comment

always turn the camera off before changing lenses

Comment

The worst part of photo editing is the removal of DUST SPOTS, I damn hate to do this :'(
                              Easy short cut automation explained here if you use photoshop.... http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthre...l=1#post579016

Comment

Working...
                              X