X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raihan Ahmed
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Color casts can be removed via PS with color or WB adjustments, but determining whether there is a cast is a bit trickier. You can try using the RGB histogram, but I usually rely on just my eyes. When you get a chance, please read here thoroughly, and keep all of your editing posts to the same thread. https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew
    Went through the thread you mentioned here https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew[/QUOTE] Will ask suggestions in same thread from now and on-wards. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Raihan Ahmed View Post
    How to determine whether a photo is suffering from a particular color cast or not?
    Is there any particular software or tool to understand that? How to remove color cast?

Thanks in advance.
    Color casts can be removed via PS with color or WB adjustments, but determining whether there is a cast is a bit trickier. You can try using the RGB histogram, but I usually rely on just my eyes.

When you get a chance, please read here thoroughly, and keep all of your editing posts to the same thread.

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

Leave a comment:

• Runway28L
    replied
    I'm not aware of any software that can actually detect a color cast. For me though, the best way to see is just visually. If the color looks unnatural to my eyes, I'll adjust the color with the Color Balance tool in Photoshop, and add more of whatever color cancels out the existing cast. The equalize tool in Photoshop sometimes helps detect a cast too.

Ex: If I have a shot that looks cyan, I'll either add more red with color balance in Photoshop or move the cyan slider to -100 in Lightroom. Or sometimes do both.

Leave a comment:

• Raihan Ahmed
    replied
    Color cast removal

How to determine whether a photo is suffering from a particular color cast or not?
    Is there any particular software or tool to understand that? How to remove color cast?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Raihan Ahmed
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    The photo is already in the queue. We will screen it, when its time has come. If you want us to pre-screen a photo, please post it here BEFORE uploading.
    Thanks a lot.
    Well understood.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    The photo is already in the queue. We will screen it, when its time has come. If you want us to pre-screen a photo, please post it here BEFORE uploading.

Leave a comment:

• Raihan Ahmed
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Honestly, most of the time when checking the horizon, the background vertical references are used, and they are too small to for any tool to be used reliably (and if you magnify enough, pretty much everything will look straight, since the whole image is based on square pixels). In the rare case you're trying to measure the actual horizon, any tool that creates a perfectly straight line can be used. I use the cropping tool myself in that situation.
    hope the horizon is okay here?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7235914

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Facing a lot of problem while leveling the horizon, specailly when the structures in the background are leaning themself.
    Is there any tool or plugin to check horizon more clearly?
    Except Ruler tool is Photoshop.

Thanks in advance
    Honestly, most of the time when checking the horizon, the background vertical references are used, and they are too small to for any tool to be used reliably (and if you magnify enough, pretty much everything will look straight, since the whole image is based on square pixels). In the rare case you're trying to measure the actual horizon, any tool that creates a perfectly straight line can be used. I use the cropping tool myself in that situation.

Leave a comment:

• Raihan Ahmed
    replied
    Raihan Ahmed - Editing Advice

Facing a lot of problem while leveling the horizon, specailly when the structures in the background are leaning themself.
    Is there any tool or plugin to check horizon more clearly?
    Except Ruler tool is Photoshop.

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
    Thanks for nice explanation Paul Helped a lot.
    Glad it helped!

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Thanks for nice explanation Paul Helped a lot.

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    Hi Paul many thanks for your help!
    It's really informative
    You're very welcome, Raihan!

Leave a comment:

• Raihan Ahmed
    replied
    Originally posted by PMN View Post
    Yes it can, you just need to be looking at the correct histogram and understand how to read it.

The RGB histogram for that image is showing a significant red peak to the right of the graph. The white information is Luminosity which is the sum of all three colour channels, if you see blue sticking out to the right of the white then you'll almost certainly have a blue colour cast in your highlights, similarly if you see red to the right of white then you'll have a red cast in your highlights. You'll often notice a colour cast in the highlights of an image more than in the mid tones and shadows so that's a good place to start with colour correction.

This is only a very quick example so it isn't an absolute indication of how the colours should look, but you can see the red isn't pushed out so far to the right from the white Luminosity information and the whites look more natural. The little red triangle in the top right of the first example is showing the red colour channel is pushed to the max, that's not the case after a small tweak.

The vast majority of my initial colour correction is done purely on the RGB histogram without even looking at the image and it's usually 95% right, the histogram really is an invaluable tool for more than just spotting overexposure.
    Hi Paul many thanks for your help!
    It's really informative

Leave a comment:

• PMN
    replied
    Originally posted by snddim01 View Post
    There's a strong red colour cast which can't be understood by looking at a histogram.
    Yes it can, you just need to be looking at the correct histogram and understand how to read it.

The RGB histogram for that image is showing a significant red peak to the right of the graph. The white information is Luminosity which is the sum of all three colour channels, if you see blue sticking out to the right of the white then you'll almost certainly have a blue colour cast in your highlights, similarly if you see red to the right of white then you'll have a red cast in your highlights. You'll often notice a colour cast in the highlights of an image more than in the mid tones and shadows so that's a good place to start with colour correction.

This is only a very quick example so it isn't an absolute indication of how the colours should look, but you can see the red isn't pushed out so far to the right from the white Luminosity information and the whites look more natural. The little red triangle in the top right of the first example is showing the red colour channel is pushed to the max, that's not the case after a small tweak.

The vast majority of my initial colour correction is done purely on the RGB histogram without even looking at the image and it's usually 95% right, the histogram really is an invaluable tool for more than just spotting overexposure.

Leave a comment:

• scbriml
    replied
    Here's a quick fix to show the difference - left side had "Auto Color" applied and +40 on contrast. Looks much better, but still might need a little tweaking:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AIX adjusted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	857.6 KB
ID:	1017233

Leave a comment:

Working...
X