X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffrey Varga View Post
    I probably wont re edit the photo as the only rejection reason was dust spots.
    Yes, and as a senior screener I'm telling you that was a mistake, but as you wish

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey Varga
    replied
    I am removing the spots now, I probably wont re edit the photo as the only rejection reason was dust spots. Thank you though!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    A quick glance?? Wow, I don't see anything there, but I will try to fix them. Thank you.
    Well, when you look at 500+ images of aircraft a day, you get good at noticing certain things

I would advise to brighten and maybe sharpen the image as well, since it is dark and a bit soft.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey Varga
    replied
    A quick glance?? Wow, I don't see anything there, but I will try to fix them. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    There may be others, but these are the ones I can see at a quick glance:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6506774.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	1034325

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hey everyone, 10 days ago I submitted a photo of a Southwest B738, but it was rejected due to CMOS Dust Spots. I then appealed the photo, due to the fact that the problem they stated was not actually a problem with my photo. Then, the appeal was rejected; "Correct Rejection: Several Visible Dust Spots". I believe this is incorrect, I have checked with many people, including a couple of professional photographers and they have said that there are no visible dust spots in the photo. What do you think? There is quite a visible shadow of the right winglet of the aircraft, it is quite easily seen, I am wondering if that is what they are referring to as "Dust Spots".

Here is the high resolution image:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23523[/ATTACH]

Here is the low resolution image (the one I uploaded):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23524[/ATTACH]

I hope I am not missing anything here. Should I try to Photoshop out the shadow?

Thanks for reading and helping me out.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Varga
    There are at least 6 sensor dust spots, no matter what those professionals tell you. If you can't see them in this photo, simply open it in photoshop and equalize the photo.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey Varga
    started a topic CMOS Dust Spots/Dirty Scan

CMOS Dust Spots/Dirty Scan

Hey everyone, 10 days ago I submitted a photo of a Southwest B738, but it was rejected due to CMOS Dust Spots. I then appealed the photo, due to the fact that the problem they stated was not actually a problem with my photo. Then, the appeal was rejected; "Correct Rejection: Several Visible Dust Spots". I believe this is incorrect, I have checked with many people, including a couple of professional photographers and they have said that there are no visible dust spots in the photo. What do you think? There is quite a visible shadow of the right winglet of the aircraft, it is quite easily seen, I am wondering if that is what they are referring to as "Dust Spots".

Here is the high resolution image:

Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1045991

Here is the low resolution image (the one I uploaded):

Size:	479.4 KB
ID:	1045992

I hope I am not missing anything here. Should I try to Photoshop out the shadow?

Thanks for reading and helping me out.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Varga
Working...
X