Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxtrx
    replied
    Hi. May I ask for a pre-screening for this one please? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9722.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	528.4 KB
ID:	1040026

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Sharpening would be ok for me. Oversharpened images tend to show jaggies (jagged lines) in areas where there are hard transitions (i.e. straight lines), like titles, leading edges, etc..
    Oh, I see. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
    So...how about them now? I lowered their sharpness but not too much.
    BTW, are there any obvious features that can tell if a photo is oversharpened?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25368[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25369[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25370[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25371[/ATTACH]
    Sharpening would be ok for me. Oversharpened images tend to show jaggies (jagged lines) in areas where there are hard transitions (i.e. straight lines), like titles, leading edges, etc..

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    So...how about them now? I lowered their sharpness but not too much.
    BTW, are there any obvious features that can tell if a photo is oversharpened?

Name:	DSC_5343b.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	546.5 KB
ID:	1039997Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5383a.jpg
Size:	856.7 KB
ID:	1039998Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5442a.jpg
Size:	560.0 KB
ID:	1039999Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6724a.jpg
Size:	614.5 KB
ID:	1040000

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    You may want to read #3 here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

Thanks.
    Sorry I thought re-upload the same photos after some improvement won’t be counted again. Won’t do that again.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    You may want to read #3 here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    All have dust spots, and I would consider most borderline oversharpened.

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    And this one please. The light was not so satisfying, I've done some adjustments but I'm still wondering if the contrast is acceptable.

Name:	DSC_6724.jpg
Size:	657.5 KB
ID:	1039968

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    Hi. May I ask for some advices of these three images? Thanks!

Name:	DSC_5343.jpg
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	1039965Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5383.jpg
Size:	901.4 KB
ID:	1039966Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5442.jpg
Size:	595.9 KB
ID:	1039967

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    I would personally go with the second version in terms of exposure.
    Thanks for your quick response. I'll use this as a reference for other similar photos.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Here are two versions of the same photo, they just have difference in exposure. Which one is better? Are they all acceptable or need some adjustments? Thanks!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25200[/ATTACH]
    I would personally go with the second version in terms of exposure.

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    Exposure is borderline but acceptable for me, while the white balance shouldn't be an issue for these images. For exposure, try to avoid having any areas of the image that are completely blown out (highlights clipped). This would generally mean lowering the overall exposure, but sometimes the light is just so harsh that nothing can be done to recover the image.
    Here are two versions of the same photo, they just have difference in exposure. Which one is better? Are they all acceptable or need some adjustments? Thanks!

Name:	113D328F-6F8D-4B05-ABDA-C02F07D999B4.jpeg
Size:	461.8 KB
ID:	1039840Click image for larger version

Name:	0EB4D704-93DB-47C7-87A0-CF9367447D91.jpeg
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	1039841

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    Exposure is borderline but acceptable for me, while the white balance shouldn't be an issue for these images. For exposure, try to avoid having any areas of the image that are completely blown out (highlights clipped). This would generally mean lowering the overall exposure, but sometimes the light is just so harsh that nothing can be done to recover the image.
    OK I will try it later. Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    By the way, how should I determine the exposure of a photo? Am I supposed to give priority to overall exposure and ignore a small amount of slight overexposure (just like No.2)? Or just keep all picture not overexposured but it would look a bit "dark"?

Leave a comment:

• dxtrx
    replied
    Hi. May I ask for some editting advice of these three images (especially the exposure of No.2 and white balance of No.3). Thanks!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25163[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25164[/ATTACH]
    By the way, how should I determine the exposure of a photo? Am I supposed to give priority to overall exposure and ignore a small amount of slight overexposure (just like No.2)? Or just keep all picture not overexposured but it would look a bit "dark"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X