Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dxtrx-Prescreening request / Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prescreening request for these two please. They both have slight vignettings, but it's hard to tell without equalizing. Are they qualified to be accepted? Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3514.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	932.4 KB
ID:	1085434Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3723.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	942.1 KB
ID:	1085435

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
      Prescreening request for these two please. They both have slight vignettings, but it's hard to tell without equalizing. Are they qualified to be accepted? Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3514.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	932.4 KB
ID:	1085434Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3723.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	942.1 KB
ID:	1085435
      Vignetting shouldn't be a problem, but there are other issues.

      Comment


      • Two more for prescreening. Thanks for your help in advance.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0152.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1085876
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0010.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1085875

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
          Two more for prescreening. Thanks for your help in advance.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0152.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1085876
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0010.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1085875
          Borderline heat haze for both.

          Comment


          • Another one for prescreening. Thank you.
            (I'm not very good with night shots. Any comments on this photo and tips on taking or processing night shots are most welcome)Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5729.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1086482

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
              Another one for prescreening. Thank you.
              (I'm not very good with night shots. Any comments on this photo and tips on taking or processing night shots are most welcome)Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5729.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1086482
              File link does not seem to be working. For night shots, biggest issues are usually related to exposure/contrast (due to limited light sources), blur (from long exposure times), and white balance settings (artificial lights often have tricky colors).

              Comment


              • Thanks for your reply. I've reuploaded that photo and added another one. Hope the link won't break this time.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5729.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1086499
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5599.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1086500I found that when the whole exposure is right, it's easy to overexpose some parts of the aircraft because the light is uneven (for example: the tail and the front gear in picture.1). In addition, for the white balance, I chose to restore the white color that makes up most of the body, but other colors would be very inaccurate (for example: the blue part of the aircraft in picture.2 became a very strange color). Are there any ways to avoid these phenomena, or just leave them as they are?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
                  Thanks for your reply. I've reuploaded that photo and added another one. Hope the link won't break this time.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5729.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1086499
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5599.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1086500I found that when the whole exposure is right, it's easy to overexpose some parts of the aircraft because the light is uneven (for example: the tail and the front gear in picture.1). In addition, for the white balance, I chose to restore the white color that makes up most of the body, but other colors would be very inaccurate (for example: the blue part of the aircraft in picture.2 became a very strange color). Are there any ways to avoid these phenomena, or just leave them as they are?
                  First is a bit too soft for 1800pix. Color & exposure looks acceptable for both.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    First is a bit too soft for 1800pix. Color & exposure looks acceptable for both.
                    Thank you very much for your suggesions. They are very helpful to me.
                    I just got a rejection of https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8042586 , and I have some different ideas.
                    There indeed a crest on the left side of the histogram, but that simply means the background is dark, actually the aircraft itself is almost overexposed even if I added a little bit exposure (also shown in the histogram).
                    As for the color, the color of the white area near the windows is quite accurate (R:237 G:239 B:240).
                    Therefore I don't think this photo should be rejected. Is there any problem I overlooked? Please give me some advice.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dxtrx View Post

                      Thank you very much for your suggesions. They are very helpful to me.
                      I just got a rejection of https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8042586 , and I have some different ideas.
                      There indeed a crest on the left side of the histogram, but that simply means the background is dark, actually the aircraft itself is almost overexposed even if I added a little bit exposure (also shown in the histogram).
                      As for the color, the color of the white area near the windows is quite accurate (R:237 G:239 B:240).
                      Therefore I don't think this photo should be rejected. Is there any problem I overlooked? Please give me some advice.
                      Though maybe a touch dark, histogram indeed looks acceptable. Image has been accepted into the DB.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                        Though maybe a touch dark, histogram indeed looks acceptable. Image has been accepted into the DB.
                        I will try to do better in future pictures. Thanks for your help.

                        Comment


                        • Hi, I got a new rejection and it's almost the same problem as last time.
                          This one was taken within half an hour of the last one and used the similar parameters. The post editing process is quite similar as well.
                          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8046129
                          Please give me some guidance if I ignore something. Thanks in advance.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
                            Hi, I got a new rejection and it's almost the same problem as last time.
                            This one was taken within half an hour of the last one and used the similar parameters. The post editing process is quite similar as well.
                            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8046129
                            Please give me some guidance if I ignore something. Thanks in advance.
                            Not dark, but borderline contrast, and some sharpening issues as well.

                            Comment


                            • Thanks for your advice,but I still have some doubts.
                              First, there is indeed a small area behind the right engine that is very dark, but I didn't think it was important, so I ignored it when I uploaded it. Is this the reason for the inappropriate contrast, which should be avoid as much as possible?
                              In addition, it has always been one of my weakness that I cannot accurately judge whether the sharpness is appropriate or not. (I simply used the settings of some similar photos when adjusting the sharpness of this one.) Could you please point out in detail from which position the sharpness of this photo is not appropriate? And it would be nice if you could inroduce more tips for judging sharpness.
                              And here is one more photo for prescreening please. Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3570l.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	850.9 KB
ID:	1086714

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
                                First, there is indeed a small area behind the right engine that is very dark, but I didn't think it was important, so I ignored it when I uploaded it. Is this the reason for the inappropriate contrast, which should be avoid as much as possible?
                                In addition, it has always been one of my weakness that I cannot accurately judge whether the sharpness is appropriate or not. (I simply used the settings of some similar photos when adjusting the sharpness of this one.) Could you please point out in detail from which position the sharpness of this photo is not appropriate? And it would be nice if you could inroduce more tips for judging sharpness.
                                Yes, the dark/contrast issue relates to the strong shadows. Mostly a factor of the light conditions when you were shooting. There are a few places on the aircraft that show oversharpening, though it's not too severe. Sharpening is best judged by looking at where there should be hard transitions or fine detail (registration, livery, landing gear, are good places to start). If the transition is unclear and one area fades into another, then too soft. If there is a very harsh transition on the other hand, then the sharpening is too much.

                                Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
                                And here is one more photo for prescreening please. Thanks.
                                Other than the dust spots, would be ok for me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X