• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by RSD View Post
    Hello,
    So I received "Part of aircraft cut off". Everyone agrees with this ?
    I am pretty sure i have seen a lot of this crops on the website, with the wing cut off. If this is deserved rejection, can I get more info ?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7425529
    As with your previous one, awkward crop on the left side. Better to leave the whole stabilizer in.

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Hello,
    So I received "Part of aircraft cut off". Everyone agrees with this ?
    I am pretty sure i have seen a lot of this crops on the website, with the wing cut off. If this is deserved rejection, can I get more info ?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Yeah, just pretty tight. I can tell you probably couldn't get a better angle, but if it were a regular (i.e. not a new reg) frame, much less chance of being acceptable.
    Yeah this is the lense halfway trought the fence haha, impossible to do it with more angle.
    I hesitate to reupload. I had my ratio above 50 for once. Dilemma...

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    It is a new reg
    If I may ask, what makes is borderline ? Heavy tail cutoff ?
    Yeah, just pretty tight. I can tell you probably couldn't get a better angle, but if it were a regular (i.e. not a new reg) frame, much less chance of being acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    It is a new reg
    If I may ask, what makes is borderline ? Heavy tail cutoff ?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Can I ask if this crop would have been accepted then ? I have seen tails cut off on the website, but again, not sure.[ATTACH=CONFIG]25951[/ATTACH]
    Borderline. Might be acceptable if it were a new reg. In any case, better than the rejected version.

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Can I ask if this crop would have been accepted then ? I have seen tails cut off on the website, but again, not sure.Click image for larger version

Name:	P46T_Private_N819MA_DSC02327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	613.2 KB
ID:	1040492

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Thank you. It helps me understand better what can be expected on the website.
    I really appreciate your input, I would like to nuance a bit. I would say "the fuselage compared to the wings" as wings are parts of an aircraft, even an airframe (when engines are not). I m sure you understand that there are areas that fall into the cracks based on what the guidelines cover, so and it is definitely hard to understand to what extend creative work is allowed.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

I have just received the following reasons for this photo
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

- Not centered
    - Horizon
    - Part of aircraft cut off.

I m not going to appeal with 3 reasons given, but I need to clarify the following

- Aircraft not centered and horizon is well, let s say I would not appeal this because even though it was close enough to me.

BUT
    - Part of aircraft cut off is most certainly not a valid reason since I have got multiple acceptance with the same cropping (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9350077, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9349719)

Could we at least clarify this is not a valid reason. As I intend to upload others of this cropping style.

Thank you !
    Sorry, but your rejected image is very awkwardly cropped. The aircraft takes up less than half of the frame compared to the wing, while in the other accepted images it fills more of the frame. Cut off/centering, whichever reason you want to apply, the basic idea is that the crop is quite unbalanced.

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Hello,

I have just received the following reasons for this photo

- Not centered
    - Horizon
    - Part of aircraft cut off.

I m not going to appeal with 3 reasons given, but I need to clarify the following

- Aircraft not centered and horizon is well, let s say I would not appeal this because even though it was close enough to me.

BUT
    - Part of aircraft cut off is most certainly not a valid reason since I have got multiple acceptance with the same cropping (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9350077, https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9349719)

Could we at least clarify this is not a valid reason. As I intend to upload others of this cropping style.

Thank you !

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Ok thx I understand

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I would like the first one ( climb) better, so if it is acceptable I will try it out
    This image is very soft, almost blurry. It would have no chance at acceptance.

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    These images would be considered similar. Please choose just one.
    Thx for the reply. What I meant is that I had these two that maybe could have a chance, and was trying to get help choosing the one that has the most chance. I would like the first one ( climb) better, so if it is acceptable I will try it out

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

I feel this one could have a chance thought it s definitely borderline.
    But being french and spotting my presidential plane in Quebec, I would love to be able to submit it
    What do you guys think ? I have these two options
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25239[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25240[/ATTACH]
    These images would be considered similar. Please choose just one.

Leave a comment:

• RSD
    replied
    Hello,

I feel this one could have a chance thought it s definitely borderline.
    But being french and spotting my presidential plane in Quebec, I would love to be able to submit it
    What do you guys think ? I have these two options
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02594.jpg
Size:	483.3 KB
ID:	1039875
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02597.jpg
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	1039876

Leave a comment: