Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ploease Help Me Get An Accepted Photo

Dear Screening Team,

Since I started my account, I have been getting a ton of rejections. I have been taking the feedback to heart and have made strides to improve my photography skills. I just got two rejections from what I thought were my very best. I've been working at it so hard. I took a hiatus so that I could improve my camera skills and post processing skills. I want my next submission to be accepted. What do I need to do in order to correct these photos? Can you please provide me with all the feedback on these rejections? Can you please help me make my next submission, an accepted submission? Here are the links to the rejections. I want nothing more than to submit a good photograph.

Happy to help, but did you read the rejection reasons? In this case they should be pretty straightforward. Was there something specific you were unsure/confused about?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinrclemmonsphoto View Post
      Dear Screening Team,

Since I started my account, I have been getting a ton of rejections. I have been taking the feedback to heart and have made strides to improve my photography skills. I just got two rejections from what I thought were my very best and I'm trying really hard to not get discouraged but I really would like have one of my photos accepted. I've been working at it so hard. I took a hiatus so that I could improve my camera skills and post processing skills. I want my next submission to be accepted. What do I need to do in order to correct these photos? Can you please provide me with all the feedback on these rejections? Can you please help me make my next submission, an accepted submission? Here are the links to the rejections. I want nothing more than to submit a good photograph but I'm starting to believe that I may never be able to submit a good photograph. Please help me out. I don't want to put my camera up for good.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=7288331
      1. Your first photo, the aircraft is too low in the frame. When you're editing your photo, I try to have the middle of the crop lined up with around the middle cabin windows area. Obiously this changes due to perspective and angle. That's how I do it.

Just make sure to have the aircraft centered in the frame.

Missing categories I would assume is that you forgot to tick the "special livery" box when uploading. Make sure to check your information when uploading.

2. The second photo, make sure your cropping using a 16:9 or a 4:3 ratio. Anything else is not going to be accepted.

Always check the rejection email you received for any feedback that the screener has given you to case the rejection

Hope this helps!
      View me on JetPhotos

Comment

I guess, I was looking for any other advice because I have corrected my photos and they would still get rejected.

Comment

I guess, I was looking for any other advice because I have corrected my photos and they would still get rejected.
          Not sure why they would get rejected for anything else, they both look good.

A good thing to do is to read through the site's guidelines. Your not a bad photographer at all. Don't ever think that because that's not true. I had so many rejections when I first started, but i learned how to overcome them through practice.

View me on JetPhotos

Comment

First off thank you for your kind and tender response! Just wow! So incredibly friendly! The aviation geeks online are no different than the ones I meet at the airport overlook!

Anyways, So I guess my question to you is in this case, would it be best to have the airplane centered on the wing? I read somewhere to try to center it on the "center of gravity"? At this point, I need some advice from the pros because the techniques I am using are simply not working. I am to the point that Lightroom is just not enough. I am almost to the point where I may have to go old school, print the photos and utilize a ruler with compass to mathematically compute the required centering adjustments. You stated that "When you're editing your photo, I try to have the middle of the crop lined up with around the middle cabin windows area. Obviously this changes due to perspective and angle." Can you elaborate a little bit more on some of the techniques and tools do you use to get centering spot on? I am very curious and want to learn more! What specific tools do you love and absolutely hate using?

Comment

What I do, which is probably not the best way of doing it is squaring the aircraft in the frame, and then lining up the middle, which is usually where the center of gravity is and moving the center of the crop there.

You said you used Lightroom, which is amazing software. if you press (i believe "o" or "shift and o") you can switch your crop overlay. switch it to the one which has the many squares, looks like a drain lol. Then find the center of that and line it up with the center of the airplane.

Here is an example: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 9.16.31 am.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1035178
              View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Anyways, So I guess my question to you is in this case, would it be best to have the airplane centered on the wing? I read somewhere to try to center it on the "center of gravity"?
                Center the fuselage. The window line is often (but not always) a good reference.

At this point, I need some advice from the pros because the techniques I am using are simply not working. I am to the point that Lightroom is just not enough.
                Lightroom is more than enough to have photos accepted here.

Originally posted by meeshboi View Post
                2. The second photo, make sure your cropping using a 16:9 or a 4:3 ratio. Anything else is not going to be accepted.
                That is incorrect. Those are the maximum and minimum acceptable ratios. Anything in between is also acceptable.

Comment

I do my centering a little differently than meeshboi. I try to have the center of the photo around the bottom of the cabin where the intersection is laterally. The upload guideline says for side on shots it should be somewhere in between the intersection of the wing and the fuselage and the window line so technically either way works.
                  Lastly, my compliments on your photos. They may have been rejected but I like them. Especially the second one linked. If I ever see them in the database I'm going to leave a like.

Comment

Okay, many thanks to all of your valuable feedback! I have resubmitted both photos with corrections. As per jetphotos policy, I believe that I cannot post the corrected photos until they have been reviewed. I have never been this close to getting an acceptable photograph, which means I must have been improving compared to this one which was just awful. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0887.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	1035181. Hopefully something will come around

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
                      I do my centering a little differently than meeshboi. I try to have the center of the photo around the bottom of the cabin where the intersection is laterally. The upload guideline says for side on shots it should be somewhere in between the intersection of the wing and the fuselage and the window line so technically either way works.
                      Lastly, my compliments on your photos. They may have been rejected but I like them. Especially the second one linked. If I ever see them in the database I'm going to leave a like.
                      Everyone has their own ways of doing it! Thats the beauty of this.
                      View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Okay, many thanks to all of your valuable feedback! I have resubmitted both photos with corrections. As per jetphotos policy, I believe that I cannot post the corrected photos until they have been reviewed. I have never been this close to getting an acceptable photograph, which means I must have been improving compared to this one which was just awful. [ATTACH=CONFIG]24522[/ATTACH]. Hopefully something will come around
                        That framing looks good! Not too sure about the contrast, but someone can correct me on that.

And if anyone wants to take a peek at my page: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/132713
                        View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Kevin, it looks like you already have all the important stuff (lighting/contrast, sharpness etc) figured out! To my eye that's perfect sharpness in those photos, not too little, not too much. Hope you don't give up because of the little things like categories and cropping. Surely you can re-crop those photos.

As the crew and other members have mentioned, for JP it's important to have the fuselage centred in the up-down direction. Many ways to do this, I'm attaching a couple of examples where I used a grid and a rule-of-thirds grid in the photo editor to keep the fuselage in the middle (notice gaps between top and bottom edges of fuselage and the grid lines).

Click image for larger version

Name:	grid.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1035183

Click image for larger version

Name:	rule of thirds.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1035184

Comment

Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
                            Kevin, it looks like you already have all the important stuff (lighting/contrast, sharpness etc) figured out! To my eye that's perfect sharpness in those photos, not too little, not too much. Hope you don't give up because of the little things like categories and cropping. Surely you can re-crop those photos.

As the crew and other members have mentioned, for JP it's important to have the fuselage centred in the up-down direction. Many ways to do this, I'm attaching a couple of examples where I used a grid and a rule-of-thirds grid in the photo editor to keep the fuselage in the middle (notice gaps between top and bottom edges of fuselage and the grid lines).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24524[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24525[/ATTACH]
                            Wow! You explained that better than I could. That's probably the best example you can get.
                            View me on JetPhotos

Comment

First off thank you for your kind and tender response! Just wow! So incredibly friendly! The aviation geeks online are no different than the ones I meet at the airport overlook!

Anyways, So I guess my question to you is in this case, would it be best to have the airplane centered on the wing? I read somewhere to try to center it on the "center of gravity"? At this point, I need some advice from the pros because the techniques I am using are simply not working. I am to the point that Lightroom is just not enough. I am almost to the point where I may have to go old school, print the photos and utilize a ruler with compass to mathematically compute the required centering adjustments. You stated that "When you're editing your photo, I try to have the middle of the crop lined up with around the middle cabin windows area. Obviously this changes due to perspective and angle." Can you elaborate a little bit more on some of the techniques and tools do you use to get centering spot on? I am very curious and want to learn more! What specific tools do you love and absolutely hate using?
                              With regard to centering, a simple rule is to center the cabin's center windows (not always corresponding to those on the wings).
                              Obviously every type of plane has its centering.
                              For example, small prop single-engine aircraft (eg private), are centered on the propeller axis.
                              Use this forum to ask for advice, I've learned a lot and I'm still learning.
                              Take a few minutes to review the photo you uploaded using the control tools that JP offers
                              P.Š. Your real fight will be with too much or too little contrast when it occurs.

Comment

Working...
                              X