No announcement yet.

Ploease Help Me Get An Accepted Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just recieved my first two accepted photos and I cannot believe that my skills reached this level! I would like to take a moment to thank the Jetphotos Screeners for upholding the rigorous standards for Jetphotos.com. The rejections have stung so much but they have pushed my photography skills to the next level! Both revised photos were accepted and I cannot thank the screeners enough for their help! Beyond the photography of aircraft, my photos have seen an increase in terms of better framing and better centering! I will continue to consult the wisdom of the screeners for their wisdom can be applied to general photography.

Comment

Dear Screeners,

I need some feedback on this photos which I intend on submitting for screening. Part of me believe that it looks good but part of me keeps believing that something is missing and I cannot figure out what I need to do to make it so that "something is not missing". Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9857-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	610.7 KB
ID:	1035516

Comment

Originally posted by kevinrclemmonsphoto View Post
        Dear Screeners,

I need some feedback on this photos which I intend on submitting for screening. Part of me believe that it looks good but part of me keeps believing that something is missing and I cannot figure out what I need to do to make it so that "something is not missing". Any thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24936[/ATTACH]
        I know you're trying to keep the skyline in the background, but you might want to place the aircraft a bit higher if possible.

Comment

Hi, I have a question regarding a photo, I want to submit. The registration on the airplane is not visible. How should I remediate this in the submission? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6671-3.jpg
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	1040267

Comment

D-AIXE - you can see 2 letters of reg on the top of the fin and on the front gear. Just search Lufthansa A350 and you will find out the reg

Comment

Kevin,
              Nice shot of the a350, but again a little low in frame, which probably going to cause a rejection...Like others said, it's important to center the aircraft. Background can be important too, but less..You need to let go the "regular/standard rules" of photography in this hobby.
              Rule of thirds,etc doesn't always apply here..
              And keep in mind, most of us have more photo's rejected than accepted, certainly in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by marc1201 View Post
                Kevin,
                Nice shot of the a350, but again a little low in frame, which probably going to cause a rejection...Like others said, it's important to center the aircraft. Background can be important too, but less..You need to let go the "regular/standard rules" of photography in this hobby. The
                And keep in mind, most of us have more photo's rejected than accepted, certainly in the beginning.
                I’m not on my editing computer atm. So can’t comment on the quality, what I would say tho is that it’s always worth putting in the comment field why you have composed/cropped a certain way. Screeners will read that and make a judgment, sometime we agree, sometimes not.

We are photographers too with different skill sets/ backgrounds and yes the site has guidelines.

What I find frustrating are people uploading without looking at the guidelines, not bothering to ask here In the active and informative forum.

Good on kevinrclemmonsphoto and you for engaging in this way

Those that upload regardless take up more screeners time to check, when We can be reducing the queue
                Regards T
                Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-06-23, 21:18.

Comment

Dear Screeners,

Question regarding a recent rejection(https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7390680). So besides being underexposed(which after seeing, I absolutely agree 100%, I went a little crazy with the de-hazing tool), the other reason was "Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter". I was under the impression that having other objects in the photo would be acceptable if the composition was meaningful. I can see what the screener was talking about in terms of other objects as I have indicated by the red arrows.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DetailsOfRejection.jpg
Size:	695.8 KB
ID:	1040579

My intent was to tell a story with that photograph. The story being that this airplane was arriving from Munich and that airport vehicles were starting to swarm to prepare it for its next journey. So with that being said, are photographs of airliners and airport operations acceptable? If so, what should I be looking for next time when I take a photo like that?

Any thoughts/feedback?

Comment

Originally posted by marc1201 View Post
                    Kevin,
                    Nice shot of the a350, but again a little low in frame, which probably going to cause a rejection...Like others said, it's important to center the aircraft. Background can be important too, but less..You need to let go the "regular/standard rules" of photography in this hobby.
                    I have definitely learned to let go of the standard rules of photography. Not a bad thing. If anything, I have learned so much through each of my rejections. I have learned how to get a good photo with my camera alone. I am finding myself having to edit less and less in terms of centering, exposure etc and I love how many photographers on this website have created incredible documentation on their post-processing flows! I love photography and I love learning which is why I am on here. The biggest reward is when I get an accepted photograph, knowing that not only did it get accepted but that it also taught me something and therefore contributing to my skills.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinrclemmonsphoto View Post
                      Dear Screeners,

Question regarding a recent rejection(https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7390680). So besides being underexposed(which after seeing, I absolutely agree 100%, I went a little crazy with the de-hazing tool), the other reason was "Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter". I was under the impression that having other objects in the photo would be acceptable if the composition was meaningful. I can see what the screener was talking about in terms of other objects as I have indicated by the red arrows.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26053[/ATTACH]

My intent was to tell a story with that photograph. The story being that this airplane was arriving from Munich and that airport vehicles were starting to swarm to prepare it for its next journey. So with that being said, are photographs of airliners and airport operations acceptable? If so, what should I be looking for next time when I take a photo like that?

Any thoughts/feedback?
                      Hi Kevin, I was one of the screeners who rejected the image.

Dark yes, as to obstruction/clutter I understand your point however the guidelines say

3.5 Obstruction/Clutter

This means that the aircraft is not fully visible due to it being obstructed by anything from long grass to catering trucks.
                      Items of ramp equipment must not obscure any of the aircraft, including stairs, aerobridges etc. Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment, or if the angle of the shot means only a small part of the aircraft is obstructed, such as ground power units/cargo loading devices.

regards T

Comment

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
                        Hi Kevin, I was one of the screeners who rejected the image.

Dark yes, as to obstruction/clutter I understand your point however the guidelines say

3.5 Obstruction/Clutter

This means that the aircraft is not fully visible due to it being obstructed by anything from long grass to catering trucks.
                        Items of ramp equipment must not obscure any of the aircraft, including stairs, aerobridges etc. Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment, or if the angle of the shot means only a small part of the aircraft is obstructed, such as ground power units/cargo loading devices.

regards T
                        Ahh, okay! Cannot believe I missed that! Makes perfect sense now! Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                        X