• Show
Clear All

• mishmish - editing/rejection advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	1046316
    This image was rejected for 'Under-sharpened (soft)', 'Too Much or Too little contrast' and 'JPG compression artefacts'. As a new photographer, I have no idea what the first and last reasons mean. Also, was it too much or too little contrast, so I can change it.

Hey, a good starting point would be to take a look at this thread (Upload guidelines) https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...load+guidlines. There you can find all the terms used with examples. I hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by mishmish View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25091[/ATTACH]
      This image was rejected for 'Under-sharpened (soft)', 'Too Much or Too little contrast' and 'JPG compression artifacts'. As a new photographer, I have no idea what the first and last reasons mean. Also, was it too much or too little contrast, so I can change it.
      As Robert said, definitely check out the guidelines. But I'll sum everything up for you.

Under-sharpened (Soft) - this means that your photo is soft, or blurry. If the photo is soft then it can usually be fixed by increasing your sharpening settings in your editing program. However blurry shots can't easily be fixed. Your shot looks good, so a bit of sharpening and maybe some noise reduction will help you out.

Contrast - Pretty simple.

JPG Compression - This is when you can see parts or the entire image compressed, usually caused by a wrong setting when exporting the image from your editing software. Make sure you have your export settings as high as they can be, to stop this.

Hope this helps.
      View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Working...
      X