Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bapt0708: Pre-screening/How to do a better editing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, may i have a pre-screening for those two please. I know they are similar but, i would like to know which one as the best chances, I'am really worried about contrast here. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5720.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1127129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5722.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1127130
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by bapt0708 View Post
      Hello, may i have a pre-screening for those two please. I know they are similar but, i would like to know which one as the best chances, I'am really worried about contrast here. Thank you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5720.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	1127129Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5722.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	1127130
      Im not a screener, indeed they are contrast problem. A little smokey (As my experience, similar images will not be prescreened by crew)

Comment

Hello, may i have a pre-screening for those two please. I know they are similar but, i would like to know which one as the best chances, I'am really worried about contrast here. Thank you.
        Hello, similar images will not be prescreened.

Comment

• Yes sorry, so can i have a pre-screening only on the first one ?

Comment

Yes sorry, so can i have a pre-screening only on the first one ?
            Would be rejected for contrast, soft, noise, horizon.

Comment

• Hello, may i have a pre-screening for those 5 please.

Name:	IMG_4930.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1127329Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4621.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	623.4 KB
ID:	1127330Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4150.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1127331Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4645.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	651.0 KB
ID:	1127332Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5177.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	673.2 KB
ID:	1127333

Comment

Hello, may i have a pre-screening for those 5 please.
                1. horizon, borderline (harsh) contrast
                2-5. soft, heat hazed

Comment

• Thank you, may i ask for a pre-screening on those 5 please.

Name:	IMG_5140.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	1127425Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5277.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	1127426Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5234.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	688.8 KB
ID:	1127427Click image for larger version

Name:	PRI:F-GCSM.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1127428Click image for larger version

Name:	PRI:F-HNJM.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1127429

Comment

• Hello, may I get a pre-screening of those two please? I'm worried about the softness and the over exposition? As I think of my pics I am always borderline for the softness and still can't really tell if a pic is soft or no, and always worried to do an over-sharpened pic. Thank you for your help.

Name:	SP-ENX.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	959.0 KB
ID:	1135118Click image for larger version

Name:	EC-NOL.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1135119

Comment

Hello, may I get a pre-screening of those two please? I'm worried about the softness and the over exposition? As I think of my pics I am always borderline for the softness and still can't really tell if a pic is soft or no, and always worried to do an over-sharpened pic.
                      Exposure looks ok, but yes softness/sharpening may be an issue. You would benefit from submitting at a lower resolution.

Comment

• Thank you for your answer I tried one with a higher sharpening and the other with a lower resolution so, are they any better?

Name:	SP-ENX2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	765.8 KB
ID:	1135181Click image for larger version

Name:	EC-NOL2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1135182

Also few questions for you:

- For over exposition you can see when in the histogram the right side is climbing to the top right corner?

- For sharpening how do you see that? Because I assume it's with the magnify tool, but I don't now what should I be looking for, If someone has an example to see.

-And the last one I use photoshop and to sharpen my pics I use smart sharpen tool, with this setting; amount 100%, reduce noise 25%, remove lens blur, and I play with the radius to sharpen between 0,2 and 1. Is it the best way to do it or is there something better?

Thank you for your help, have a nice day.

Comment

Thank you for your answer I tried one with a higher sharpening and the other with a lower resolution so, are they any better?
                          Both would be rejected. Lower resolution means in the ~1280 range. The second image is badly oversharpened, and has no chance at 1920pix.

Originally posted by bapt0708 View Post
                          Also few questions for you:

- For over exposition you can see when in the histogram the right side is climbing to the top right corner?

- For sharpening how do you see that? Because I assume it's with the magnify tool, but I don't now what should I be looking for, If someone has an example to see.

-And the last one I use photoshop and to sharpen my pics I use smart sharpen tool, with this setting; amount 100%, reduce noise 25%, remove lens blur, and I play with the radius to sharpen between 0,2 and 1. Is it the best way to do it or is there something better?

Thank you for your help, have a nice day.
                          A peak on the right edge of the histogram can indicate overexposure, yes.

I never use the magnify tool to check sharpening, and I doubt anyone else does either, as it would be far too time-intensive. We can tell simply by looking at the image.

The amount of sharpening needed is almost never uniform, as images are rarely all the same sharpness out of the camera. Personally, I adjust sharpening for each image as needed.

Comment

• Hello, with all your advice I tried to edit this shot, Is this one ok? Especially for sharpening?

Name:	IMG_8911.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1135289
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, with all your advice I tried to edit this shot, Is this one ok? Especially for sharpening?
                              Would be ok for me, though chances would improve at a lower resolution.

Comment

• Ok, thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X