Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bapt0708: Pre-screening/How to do a better editing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by bapt0708 View Post
    Hello, got this one rejected for bad info CN, I uploaded it with the serial I found on the official F-XXXX registry which is: 7801 L
    So what CN should I use for this upload? only 7801 ?
    Thank you.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10566632
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Hello, got this one rejected for bad info CN, I uploaded it with the serial I found on the official F-XXXX registry which is: 7801 L
    So what CN should I use for this upload? only 7801 ?
    Thank you.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello, I got this rejection for bad color I can see a small yellow tint, but I didn't thought it would cause a rejection.
    What do you think? Is it worth appealing this one?
    Thank you.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10523733
    A bit yellow yes, but would have been ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Hello, I got this rejection for bad color I can see a small yellow tint, but I didn't thought it would cause a rejection.
    What do you think? Is it worth appealing this one?
    Thank you.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    TAP Airbus seems ok. The dark tones on the DC-3 are underexposed and I wouldn't recommend to cut to tip of the prop like you did here

Regards
    Alex
    Thank you Alex !

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    TAP Airbus seems ok. The dark tones on the DC-3 are underexposed and I wouldn't recommend to cut to tip of the prop like you did here

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Hello, I was wondering how those two would go in pre-screening ?
    For this one I'm worried about exposure as the histogram doesn't look very good to me
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4271-6.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	996.6 KB
ID:	1146089
    and for this one mostly the crop.

Name:	IMG_3990-2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1146088
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello, I think this would would be rejected for underxeposure if i look at the flat thing on the right of the histogram. I'm i correct with this ?

Also if that's true how can i manage to don't underexpose the pics because i'm using the same settings as usual but and if i add some iso or decrease the shutter speed the pic is just too bright to look at
    Too soft for 1920pix, but exposure would be acceptable for me.

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Hello, I think this would would be rejected for underxeposure if i look at the flat thing on the right of the histogram. I'm i correct with this ?

Name:	IMG_1467-2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	1136941

Also if that's true how can i manage to don't underexpose the pics because i'm using the same settings as usual but and if i add some iso or decrease the shutter speed the pic is just too bright to look at

Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Ok, thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello, with all your advice I tried to edit this shot, Is this one ok? Especially for sharpening?
    Would be ok for me, though chances would improve at a lower resolution.

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Hello, with all your advice I tried to edit this shot, Is this one ok? Especially for sharpening?

Name:	IMG_8911.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1135289
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you for your answer I tried one with a higher sharpening and the other with a lower resolution so, are they any better?
    Both would be rejected. Lower resolution means in the ~1280 range. The second image is badly oversharpened, and has no chance at 1920pix.

Also few questions for you:

- For over exposition you can see when in the histogram the right side is climbing to the top right corner?

- For sharpening how do you see that? Because I assume it's with the magnify tool, but I don't now what should I be looking for, If someone has an example to see.

-And the last one I use photoshop and to sharpen my pics I use smart sharpen tool, with this setting; amount 100%, reduce noise 25%, remove lens blur, and I play with the radius to sharpen between 0,2 and 1. Is it the best way to do it or is there something better?

Thank you for your help, have a nice day.
    A peak on the right edge of the histogram can indicate overexposure, yes.

I never use the magnify tool to check sharpening, and I doubt anyone else does either, as it would be far too time-intensive. We can tell simply by looking at the image.

The amount of sharpening needed is almost never uniform, as images are rarely all the same sharpness out of the camera. Personally, I adjust sharpening for each image as needed.

Leave a comment:

• bapt0708
    replied
    Thank you for your answer I tried one with a higher sharpening and the other with a lower resolution so, are they any better?

Name:	SP-ENX2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	765.8 KB
ID:	1135181Click image for larger version

Name:	EC-NOL2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1135182

Also few questions for you:

- For over exposition you can see when in the histogram the right side is climbing to the top right corner?

- For sharpening how do you see that? Because I assume it's with the magnify tool, but I don't now what should I be looking for, If someone has an example to see.

-And the last one I use photoshop and to sharpen my pics I use smart sharpen tool, with this setting; amount 100%, reduce noise 25%, remove lens blur, and I play with the radius to sharpen between 0,2 and 1. Is it the best way to do it or is there something better?

Thank you for your help, have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello, may I get a pre-screening of those two please? I'm worried about the softness and the over exposition? As I think of my pics I am always borderline for the softness and still can't really tell if a pic is soft or no, and always worried to do an over-sharpened pic.
    Exposure looks ok, but yes softness/sharpening may be an issue. You would benefit from submitting at a lower resolution.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X