Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-screening Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    1) Do you see an issue with framing, contrast, or compression?

    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC04550 N6706Q 091019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	511.6 KB ID:	1076494

    2) Do you see an issue with contrast or sharpness?

    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC09123 N927VA 082119.jpg Views:	0 Size:	450.8 KB ID:	1076495

    3) Any issues with heat haze or framing?

    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC03692 N794FD 090419.jpg Views:	0 Size:	616.6 KB ID:	1076496

    If there are any other issues that you see that I may have missed, I would appreciate it if you brought it to my attention. Thank you.
    1, 3: OK
    2: too dark
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

    Comment


    • For #2 i have brightened up the photo. Would the exposure and contrast be acceptable?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09123-2 N927VA 082119.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	1076519

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
        For #2 i have brightened up the photo. Would the exposure and contrast be acceptable?

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09123-2 N927VA 082119.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	1076519
        Still borderline dark.

        Comment


        • I think I have found the optimal exposure/brightness. Please let me know if this is sufficient. Thank you

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09123-3 N927VA 082119.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	1076578

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
            I think I have found the optimal exposure/brightness. Please let me know if this is sufficient. Thank you
            Would be ok for me, but couldn't say the same for others.

            Comment


            • Thank you dlowwa for your assistance. I understand that each screener has a different style. Going back, I had a very borderline backlit photo get rejected and I believe you were the one who helped pre-screen it before hand. My question to you, would it be wise to appeal or resubmit the photo? Clearly the sun is hitting the tail at a very slight angle and the registration is definitely in the shadow. Here is the rejection link to reference https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7759323

              I know that I got the airline wrong, so I understand that rejection criteria 100%

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                Thank you dlowwa for your assistance. I understand that each screener has a different style. Going back, I had a very borderline backlit photo get rejected and I believe you were the one who helped pre-screen it before hand. My question to you, would it be wise to appeal or resubmit the photo? Clearly the sun is hitting the tail at a very slight angle and the registration is definitely in the shadow. Here is the rejection link to reference https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7759323

                I know that I got the airline wrong, so I understand that rejection criteria 100%
                Appeal would be pointless since the info is incorrect. Brighten it a bit, and try re-submitting with the correct info.

                Comment


                • I re-submitted the photo, brightened it up a bit and corrected the info. I would like your guidance as to how I should move forward as you can clearly see in the photo that the tail is lit by the sun and only the panel with the registration is in a shadow. Here is the photo rejection in question. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7781295

                  Please let me know if this is something worth pursuing in an appeal. Thank you.

                  Comment


                  • I agree with the rejection, as most of the aircraft is in its own shadow.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                    Comment


                    • Thank you for responding and providing your insight and opinion on the matter in a timely manner. However, I respectfully disagree that MOST of the aircraft is in a shadow as the front end, wings, top of the fuselage and tail all shows signs of sunlight hitting it. Thank you again for taking the time to respond and provide your judgement and observations on my most recent rejection.

                      Comment


                      • So, I am not trying to get frustrated right now, but I just had a photo rejected for invalid hot and when I submitted the photo and added my watermark, there was no aircraft with that registration in the database. I found out afterwards that another photographer submitted the same registration roughly around the same time as me and his got accepted first while mine was sitting in the queue, because he sent me a link to the photo. My question to you, is why would mine get rejected if both were submitted at the same time, coincidentally. This was the photo/rejection in question https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7783171

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                          So, I am not trying to get frustrated right now, but I just had a photo rejected for invalid hot and when I submitted the photo and added my watermark, there was no aircraft with that registration in the database. I found out afterwards that another photographer submitted the same registration roughly around the same time as me and his got accepted first while mine was sitting in the queue, because he sent me a link to the photo. My question to you, is why would mine get rejected if both were submitted at the same time, coincidentally. This was the photo/rejection in question https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7783171
                          Unfortunately your image was not in the hot image queue when the last hot image was screened; as soon as that happens, any images submitted after, be it one hour or one minute, are no longer considered hot. Simply bad timing on your part.

                          Comment


                          • Looking for feedback on these photos.

                            1) looking to see if contrast is an issue with the snow and reflective light

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07194 BKQM 121919.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	497.3 KB
ID:	1076849

                            2) sharpness/softness and exposure

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04084 N511DN 052719.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	1076850

                            3) color (green hue visible?)

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02950 PHBHC 102019.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	544.0 KB
ID:	1076851

                            4) color and exposure

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03155 N784JB 102419.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	622.6 KB
ID:	1076852

                            Please let me know if I missed any questionable issues with these photos, thank you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                              Looking for feedback on these photos.
                              1. borderline (weak) contrast
                              2. soft/heat haze, overprocessed, cut off
                              3. borderline soft/compression
                              4. contrast, borderline dark

                              Comment


                              • Thank you! Will make some changes/fixes to the ones I am able to fix

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X