Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-screening Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    Would this crop be more acceptable? I thought that maybe the tow would be beneficial to the picture, but you are right that it does look a little skewed and takes away from the aircraft in the photo.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07134-2 N926DZ 022420.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	580.0 KB
ID:	1081622
    It's a subjective thing. I prefer the new version, but someone else might not like the winglet being cut, so..

    Comment


    • Could you please provide some insight on this photo? Thank you!

      1) Any problems with noise or exposure?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	677.6 KB
ID:	1081734

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
        Could you please provide some insight on this photo? Thank you!

        1) Any problems with noise or exposure?

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	677.6 KB
ID:	1081734
        Noise/compression noticeable, slightly underexposed, and might need a little CW rotation.

        Comment


        • Would this be an improvement on the photo above with your suggested changes? Thank you for your insight!

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290-2 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	1081782

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
            Would this be an improvement on the photo above with your suggested changes? Thank you for your insight!

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290-2 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	1081782
            Slight improvement, yes, but still quite noisy and exposure/contrast likely to be an issue as well.

            Comment


            • I increased exposure and contrast as well as added some noise reduction. Please let me know your thoughts on these changes.Thank you.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290-4 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	1081836

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                I increased exposure and contrast as well as added some noise reduction. Please let me know your thoughts on these changes.Thank you.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290-4 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	1081836
                On one hand it looks a bit overdone, on the other hand I like the night shot colours.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                Comment


                • Which aspect looks overdone? Could you please be a little more specific on the specifics please? I would like to get this right on both hands if possible! Thank you for your feedback!

                  Comment


                  • Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290-5 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	663.4 KB
ID:	1081844

                    I decreased the sliders on some of the details and exposure sections within lightroom. Please let me know if these changes lessened some of the "overdone" bits from the previous photo. Thank you

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07290-5 PHBHN 022620.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	663.4 KB
ID:	1081844

                      I decreased the sliders on some of the details and exposure sections within lightroom. Please let me know if these changes lessened some of the "overdone" bits from the previous photo. Thank you
                      'Overdone' probably in that you've hit the noise reduction a little too hard. Don't think you're ever going to get more than borderline on this; more NR leads to more compression/overprocessed look, and without, you'd have too much noise.

                      Comment


                      • Would this photo be considered hot since the nose compartment has a different casing than this photo? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7781795

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07726 N2704M 022920.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	540.0 KB
ID:	1081911

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                          Would this photo be considered hot since the nose compartment has a different casing than this photo? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7781795

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07726 N2704M 022920.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	540.0 KB
ID:	1081911
                          No. Only permanent changes qualify as hot.

                          Comment


                          • Could you provide some insight on these two photos? Thank you.

                            1) Any issues associated with night shots and if there is any issues with exposure

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07267 N255SY 022620.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	1082018

                            2) Any issues that you see with horizon? Always have a bit of difficulty with shots like this and horizon

                            ​​Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08830-2 N305NX 122919.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	1082017

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                              Could you provide some insight on these two photos? Thank you.

                              1) Any issues associated with night shots and if there is any issues with exposure

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07267 N255SY 022620.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	1082018

                              2) Any issues that you see with horizon? Always have a bit of difficulty with shots like this and horizon

                              ​​Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08830-2 N305NX 122919.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	738.9 KB
ID:	1082017
                              1. dark/low contrast
                              2. horizon indeed badly off

                              Comment


                              • Are these fixes any better the the previous photos?

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08830-3 N305NX 122919.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	804.6 KB
ID:	1082207Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07267-2 N255SY 022620.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	602.0 KB
ID:	1082208

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X