Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-screening Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    Would this be an acceptable photo? Looking to see if it has any issues with contrast and exposure. Would the photo be considered backlit?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00022 N803NW 082119.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	1087735
    Probably a bit too dark/lacking color.

    Comment


    • Added some saturation and brightened up the photo a bit to account for the lack of exposure. Please let me know if this fixes the issues you brought up. Thank you

      Attached Files

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
        Added some saturation and brightened up the photo a bit to account for the lack of exposure. Please let me know if this fixes the issues you brought up. Thank you
        Better I suppose, but the more you edit like this, the more you'll approach it being overprocessed.

        Comment


        • Went back, started from scratch, changed the WB to have more color per the evening sun, added some exposure and some slight saturation (less than previous photo) to help the color pop a bit more. Same level of sharpness as before too. Please let me know if this photo is sufficient. Hopefully third times the charm. Thank you.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00022-3 N803NW 082119.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	1087774

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
            Went back, started from scratch, changed the WB to have more color per the evening sun, added some exposure and some slight saturation (less than previous photo) to help the color pop a bit more. Same level of sharpness as before too. Please let me know if this photo is sufficient. Hopefully third times the charm. Thank you.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00022-3 N803NW 082119.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	1087774
            Very likely a rejection for color/overprocessing. Quite oversaturated to my eyes.

            Comment


            • Last attempt, I hope that by redoing the white balance helped with the color issue and decreased the saturation significantly fixes the issues. Thank you for your time and effort with these edits. I will not attempt another edit after this one. Thank you.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00022-4 N803NW 082119.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	1087787

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                Last attempt, I hope that by redoing the white balance helped with the color issue and decreased the saturation significantly fixes the issues. Thank you for your time and effort with these edits. I will not attempt another edit after this one. Thank you.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00022-4 N803NW 082119.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	1087787
                Soft, and borderline color.

                Comment


                • Looking for feedback:

                  1) I know the flagpole and lightpole in background seem skewed, but the plane looks level as well as the concrete blocks it sits on (imho), would you see any issues with the horizon or see any potential for a trip up while in the queue? Also, I could not find any serial number associated with this aircraft and the registration on scramble.nl isn't much help either

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00845 526617 042620.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	766.5 KB
ID:	1087930

                  2) Looking to see if there are any issues with contrast, horizon, and exposure

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00858 N198LL 042620.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1,006.0 KB
ID:	1087931

                  3) with the tower photo, do you see any issues with horizon or contrast??

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00866 KIND 042620.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	1087932

                  Thank you! And if there are any issues that I missed, I would appreciate it if you brought them to my attention. Cheers!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                    Looking for feedback:
                    1. horizon ok; if you can't find cn on scramble, generally means it's pretty difficult to find so should be ok. Just leave a note that you tried there.
                    2. borderline contrast
                    3. horizon ok I think

                    Comment


                    • Looking for feedback on these photos.

                      1) any issues with contrast or horizon?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01027 N7883K 042920.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	742.3 KB
ID:	1088246

                      2) for this hanger photo, is contrast, exposure and horizon sufficient?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00951 N14YH 042920.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	515.6 KB
ID:	1088247

                      3) Gate guardian in Colorado, any issues with horizon or contrast (do not be fooled by carwash building behind, its building is odd shaped)

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00918 6715479 042920.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	527.3 KB
ID:	1088248

                      4) any issues with contrast, horizon or any visible heat haze?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01035 N441AE 042920.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	673.8 KB
ID:	1088249

                      5) so this is a weird one, this is a Martin MGM-13 Mace tactical missile on display in Colorado. It has a USAF registration. Is this photo acceptable as an aircraft? Is this photo acceptable with the fence in the way (in order to get whole side profile shot, some fence had to be included) would this be dinged as an obstruction?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00931 581463 042920.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	784.0 KB
ID:	1088250

                      If there are any other issues that I missed, I would appreciate it if you brought them to my attention. Thank you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                        Looking for feedback on these photos.

                        1) any issues with contrast or horizon?
                        No.

                        Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                        2) for this hanger photo, is contrast, exposure and horizon sufficient?
                        Possibly, yes, and yes.

                        Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                        3) Gate guardian in Colorado, any issues with horizon or contrast (do not be fooled by carwash building behind, its building is odd shaped)
                        A bit dark, and maybe a touch of CCW needed.

                        Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                        4) any issues with contrast, horizon or any visible heat haze?
                        No.

                        Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                        5) so this is a weird one, this is a Martin MGM-13 Mace tactical missile on display in Colorado. It has a USAF registration. Is this photo acceptable as an aircraft?
                        No.

                        Comment


                        • Would there be any issues with these photos? It was during sunset and if any of these photos are considered "plane in own shadow" please let me know

                          1) any issues with vignette or contrast?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01744 GVPOP 050120.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	388.3 KB
ID:	1088466

                          2) Are there any issues with contrast or exposure?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01796 B20AA 050120.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	1088467

                          3) Any issues with contrast, exposure, and frame size (used 2x3/4x6 frame size in Lightroom)

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01758 PHBVG 050120.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	612.7 KB
ID:	1088468

                          4) Any issues with exposure seeing how the sun is setting and it is almost a silhouette photo

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01811-2 B2768 050120.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	1088469

                          5) Are there any issues with color/WB, exposure, and contrast?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01906 9VSMV 050120.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	1088470

                          Please let me know if there are any issues that I did not bring up that I may have missed. Thank you! Stay safe screeners

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                            Would there be any issues with these photos? It was during sunset and if any of these photos are considered "plane in own shadow"
                            Night Shot category for 4 & 5.

                            Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                            1) any issues with vignette or contrast?
                            Yes, contrast.

                            Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                            2) Are there any issues with contrast or exposure?
                            Contrast potentially, but would be ok for me. Also soft.

                            Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                            3) Any issues with contrast, exposure, and frame size (used 2x3/4x6 frame size in Lightroom)
                            No, but overprocessed, as the center of the frame is darker than the edges.

                            Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                            4) Any issues with exposure seeing how the sun is setting and it is almost a silhouette photo
                            No, but contrast.

                            Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                            5) Are there any issues with color/WB, exposure, and contrast?
                            Only softness.

                            Comment


                            • Made changes per what you mentioned above. Please let me know if these changes are sufficient. Thank you for your assistance

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01744-2 GVPOP 050120.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	1088520Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01796-2 B20AA 050120.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	1088522Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01758-2 PHBVG 050120.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	591.2 KB
ID:	1088523Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01811-3 B2768 050120.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	1088519Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01906-2 9VSMV 050120.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	1088521

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                                Made changes per what you mentioned above. Please let me know if these changes are sufficient.
                                #5 should be ok, the rest still borderline for original reasons. 1 & 4 probably not able to improve more due to light.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X