Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-screening Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would there be any issues with this photo in regards to contrast, color, or exposure? Thank you

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09115 N657NK 032320.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	514.1 KB
ID:	1090845
    http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
      Would there be any issues with this photo in regards to contrast, color, or exposure? Thank you

      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09115 N657NK 032320.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	514.1 KB
ID:	1090845
      Maybe a touch soft, but I would accept it.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

      Comment


      • Any issues with contrast or exposure? Another one of those where the histogram bell does not look like it normally does, but the highlights are not blown out, just need a second opinion. Thank you.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08471 N174DZ 030720.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	1090872
        http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
          Any issues with contrast or exposure? Another one of those where the histogram bell does not look like it normally does, but the highlights are not blown out, just need a second opinion. Thank you.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08471 N174DZ 030720.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	1090872
          Very light halos visible, but otherwise should be acceptable.

          Comment


          • Having quite the trouble with this photo, this is the fix below. This is the recent reject that I am hoping for some feedback. Went back to the drawing board, reset to original and changed the white balance, focused on using the sliders to increase the contrast as to not worry about the brightness just yet since dlowwa you mentioned that increasing brightness sometimes leads to imperfections with overprocessing and bad post process and at the end increased the contrast using the curves tool on photoshop to give it its definition. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8162580

            Please let me know if this has fixed those issues. Thank you.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03232-7 B6136 050920.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	1091094

            http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
              Having quite the trouble with this photo, this is the fix below. This is the recent reject that I am hoping for some feedback. Went back to the drawing board, reset to original and changed the white balance, focused on using the sliders to increase the contrast as to not worry about the brightness just yet since dlowwa you mentioned that increasing brightness sometimes leads to imperfections with overprocessing and bad post process and at the end increased the contrast using the curves tool on photoshop to give it its definition. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8162580

              Please let me know if this has fixed those issues. Thank you.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03232-7 B6136 050920.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	1091094
              Color is fine, but as I had mentioned previously, while the sky is relatively bright, the light falling on the aircraft is weak. As such, trying to balance making it brighter without washing out the shadows may (and apparently has) prove difficult.

              Comment


              • Thanks for your help dlowwa, I cannot find the right balance at the moment, but I know that I will get it right.

                Looking for feedback on this photo taken during an overcast day. For obvious reasons, I would like to know if contrast is sufficient as well as horizon and exposure. Thank you.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09902 N549GJ 010320.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	711.5 KB
ID:	1091134
                http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                  Looking for feedback on this photo taken during an overcast day. For obvious reasons, I would like to know if contrast is sufficient as well as horizon and exposure. Thank you.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09902 N549GJ 010320.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	711.5 KB
ID:	1091134
                  Horizon ok; color/contrast probably not.

                  Comment


                  • re white balanced to fix the yellow hue and increased contrast to give it more definition. Stayed away from the exposure/brightness as to not overprocess the photo. 2nd attempt is below. I noticed between the two the difference of contrasts and hope that this will make it more suitable.

                    Thanks.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09902-2 N549GJ 010320.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	741.5 KB
ID:	1091154
                    http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                      re white balanced to fix the yellow hue and increased contrast to give it more definition. Stayed away from the exposure/brightness as to not overprocess the photo. 2nd attempt is below. I noticed between the two the difference of contrasts and hope that this will make it more suitable.

                      Thanks.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09902-2 N549GJ 010320.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	741.5 KB
ID:	1091154
                      I'd say this one is a bit worse. Unless this image has some special meaning to you, maybe better to move on to others with better light conditions.

                      Comment


                      • Looking for feedback on these photos:

                        1) any issues with horizon, contrast, or exposure?

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07960 N820NW 030120.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	1091246

                        2) What I am most worried about is if there is any heat haze visible on this photo as well as contrast and exposure

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03331 N724AN 011320.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	644.0 KB
ID:	1091247

                        3) I worry that this might be over processed because of the color of the sky, just looking for a second opinion

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05482 N936AT 020920.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	1091248

                        4) Any issues with exposure, jpeg compression, vignette, and exposure?

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02261 N254JX 011220.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	1091249

                        Thank you
                        http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                          Looking for feedback on these photos:

                          1) any issues with horizon, contrast, or exposure?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07960 N820NW 030120.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	1091246

                          2) What I am most worried about is if there is any heat haze visible on this photo as well as contrast and exposure

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03331 N724AN 011320.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	644.0 KB
ID:	1091247

                          3) I worry that this might be over processed because of the color of the sky, just looking for a second opinion

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05482 N936AT 020920.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	1091248

                          4) Any issues with exposure, jpeg compression, vignette, and exposure?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02261 N254JX 011220.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	1091249

                          Thank you
                          1-2 would be ok for me.
                          3 WB slightly cool, and some vignetting
                          4 some vignetting visible

                          Comment


                          • Looking for feedback on this photo. I hope that the nose is not an issue, but can see it being an issue of being blown out. Any feedback would be welcomed. If blown out highlights are not an issue, is the crop adequate (framed it from the T-tail to the wheel). Thank you in advance.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08863 N375FC 031120.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	598.7 KB
ID:	1091487
                            http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
                              Looking for feedback on this photo. I hope that the nose is not an issue, but can see it being an issue of being blown out. Any feedback would be welcomed. If blown out highlights are not an issue, is the crop adequate (framed it from the T-tail to the wheel). Thank you in advance.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08863 N375FC 031120.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	598.7 KB
ID:	1091487
                              Exposure looks acceptable; borderline crop for cutting the props on the right side.

                              Comment


                              • Looking for feedback on these 4 photos:

                                1) Any visible heat haze?

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04439 LXSCV 052320.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	1091558

                                2) Any issues with contrast, exposure, or horizon?

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07529 N9168P 022920.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	1091559

                                3) Any issues with vignette, soft or exposure?

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08494 N241EA 081919.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	477.7 KB
ID:	1091560

                                4) mostly worried about if the horizon is unlevel

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08738-2 N81 031120.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	670.2 KB
ID:	1091561

                                Thank you in advance!
                                http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X