No announcement yet.

Pre-screening Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, backlit is indeed questionnable. Screener left you a message about the wrong info, please always remember to check the messages. Plane owner is written on tail.

Kind Regards
    Alex

Comment

• Hi Alex, thanks for responding. I had read the screeners comments which is how I knew that the airline was incorrect. The point I was trying to stress was, the fact that I had previously submitted a photo from the same fleet as the photo that was rejected. I submitted it a few months prior and had the photo accepted as Other/Private. I had submitted this new photo under the assumption that I had to do it this same way as I had done previously, not knowing that the airline had been entered into the database. I understand it is the photographers job to double check that all data is inputted properly, but you have to understand my point of view on that matter.

Moving forward, how should I go about the backlit part of the photo. Would it be beneficial to appeal the photo? There's obviously nothing that can be done about the info, I dropped the ball on that and understand the rejection.
      http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

Comment

• Would this silhouette photo be an acceptable photo for upload? I am attempted to start getting a little more creative and trying out these types of photos for the first time, so your advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06901 N6707A 120719.jpg Views:	0 Size:	410.6 KB ID:	1076263Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06843 N392DN 120719.jpg Views:	0 Size:	407.5 KB ID:	1076264

Also, if someone could provide some guidance on my last post, that would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
          Would this silhouette photo be an acceptable photo for upload? I am attempted to start getting a little more creative and trying out these types of photos for the first time, so your advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC06901 N6707A 120719.jpg Views:	0 Size:	410.6 KB ID:	1076263Click image for larger version Name:	DSC06843 N392DN 120719.jpg Views:	0 Size:	407.5 KB ID:	1076264

Also, if someone could provide some guidance on my last post, that would be greatly appreciated.
          Both of them have high chances of being rejected.
          1) too far away
          2) too much off centre
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Are those the only reason that they'd be rejected or are there other reasons? I can fix the framing on both and repost them

Comment

Are those the only reason that they'd be rejected or are there other reasons? I can fix the framing on both and repost them
              Can't judge quality on images you haven't re-edited yet.

Comment

• Sorry, here are the re-edits. Centered up both photos and made the first one not so far away as the previous photo

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06901-2 N6707A 120719.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	1076283Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06843-2 N392DN 120719.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	1076284

Comment

Sorry, here are the re-edits. Centered up both photos and made the first one not so far away as the previous photo
                  Quality looks ok, but they both seem a bit overprocessed (contrast/shadows on aircraft look a bit unnatural) to me. Not nearly enough for a rejection from me, but can't speak for others.

Comment

• Checked that the sliders to adjust the photos were very minimalist. Please let me know if the shadows/contrast are still borderline. Decreased contrast on both photos and made sure the shadows slider was not overly exuberant

Name:	DSC06901-3 N6707A 120719.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	368.8 KB
ID:	1076354Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06843-3 N392DN 120719.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	1076353

Comment

Checked that the sliders to adjust the photos were very minimalist. Please let me know if the shadows/contrast are still borderline. Decreased contrast on both photos and made sure the shadows slider was not overly exuberant
                      Maybe a touch soft on the first, but would be ok for me.

Comment

• Would the color and exposure be acceptable for this photo? Thank you.

Name:	DSC06818 EILBT 120719.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	1076398

Comment

Would the color and exposure be acceptable for this photo? Thank you.
                          Contras a bit weak, some compression visible, and tail is soft/blurry.

Comment

• I noticed that upon further inspection of the photo under a closer eye. I have taken a different photo from the same sequence and made some contrast and sharpness changes that looked better on this photo than the last. I noticed some motion blur in the previous photo as some of the other photos in the sequence were out of focus. Please let me know if this photo still exhibits the same issues. Thank you.

Name:	DSC06814 EILBT 120719.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	1076411

Comment

I noticed that upon further inspection of the photo under a closer eye. I have taken a different photo from the same sequence and made some contrast and sharpness changes that looked better on this photo than the last. I noticed some motion blur in the previous photo as some of the other photos in the sequence were out of focus. Please let me know if this photo still exhibits the same issues. Thank you.

Name:	DSC06814 EILBT 120719.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	1076411
                              Still see issues with contrast and compression.

Comment

• 1) Do you see an issue with framing, contrast, or compression?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04550 N6706Q 091019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	511.6 KB ID:	1076494

2) Do you see an issue with contrast or sharpness?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC09123 N927VA 082119.jpg Views:	0 Size:	450.8 KB ID:	1076495

3) Any issues with heat haze or framing?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03692 N794FD 090419.jpg Views:	0 Size:	616.6 KB ID:	1076496

If there are any other issues that you see that I may have missed, I would appreciate it if you brought it to my attention. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X