Pre-screening Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    Dana, I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I am receiving this error message when trying to upload this photo. Any insight as to why I am receiving this message when it says that the minimum size requirements are 576px for the short side?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CapturePIXELSIZE.PNG
Views:	212
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1105014
    Not sure.. that image is within the accepted size ratios. Other images are ok? Maybe try the same image at a different resolution?

Comment

• This one was a bit puzzling to me and I am looking for a bit more of an explanation before I appealed officially. I was hoping to get a more clear explanation as to which parts of the photo are over/undersaturated. I white balanced like I normally would and set vibrance and saturation low like I have done with my past photos. Any further advice/constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
      http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

Comment

This one was a bit puzzling to me and I am looking for a bit more of an explanation before I appealed officially. I was hoping to get a more clear explanation as to which parts of the photo are over/undersaturated. I white balanced like I normally would and set vibrance and saturation low like I have done with my past photos. Any further advice/constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8711893
        There's a slight red tint, but would have been ok for me.

Comment

• Would there be any issues with this photo in regards to contrast, exposure, sharpness/soft, and if there is any visible heat haze. Taking a chance with this photo, but I would appreciate a second opinion. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and we appreciate everything that you do! Cheers!

Name:	DSC03964 9H-VJH 112820.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	1105674

Comment

Would there be any issues with this photo in regards to contrast, exposure, sharpness/soft, and if there is any visible heat haze. Taking a chance with this photo, but I would appreciate a second opinion. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and we appreciate everything that you do! Cheers!

Name:	DSC03964 9H-VJH 112820.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	1105674
            Angle seems a bit steep, no? Pretty sure you'd get a stall with that AOA.. Quality looks mostly acceptable otherwise.

Comment

• Would this be an acceptable photo for JP? I am looking for guidance as to whether the color is sufficient, contrast is good enough, and if there are any soft or undersharpened areas of the photo. If there are any other aspects that I missed, I would appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Thank you.

Name:	DSC03227 07-08743 082620.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	1106416

Comment

Would this be an acceptable photo for JP? I am looking for guidance as to whether the color is sufficient, contrast is good enough, and if there are any soft or undersharpened areas of the photo. If there are any other aspects that I missed, I would appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Thank you.

Name:	DSC03227 07-08743 082620.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	1106416
                Looks a bit soft, but otherwise ok for me.

Comment

• So I wanted to wait until I got the rejection email to see if there were any screener comments concerning which parts of the photo were soft after I took your advice Dana and applied additional USM to the photo that you provided feedback on in the most recent post in this thread. Looking for guidance as to which aspect of the photo is soft and if there are any tips/suggestions you can provide before I officially appeal through the proper channels. I really thought with my additional sharpening that it would make it more acceptable, but clearly it did not, and that is why I am reaching out. Just looking for some clarity and thank you in advance.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

So I wanted to wait until I got the rejection email to see if there were any screener comments concerning which parts of the photo were soft after I took your advice Dana and applied additional USM to the photo that you provided feedback on in the most recent post in this thread. Looking for guidance as to which aspect of the photo is soft and if there are any tips/suggestions you can provide before I officially appeal through the proper channels. I really thought with my additional sharpening that it would make it more acceptable, but clearly it did not, and that is why I am reaching out. Just looking for some clarity and thank you in advance.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8778471
                    Not sure why you would appeal.. I told you it was still soft.. but that's your call. Big hints are the fine details all look soft (serial, titles, around cockpit). If you want an idea of how fixable it may (or may not) be, post a 100% crop of one of those areas.

Comment

• Hello

Looking for feedback on these two photos.

1) Exposure, contrast, any visible jpeg compression, and if there are any issues with this being dirty/dust spots as trying a new lens

Name:	MIA00025 13-20632 020921.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	1109180

2) I worry about this being a tighter crop and if this has caused any compression issues when resized. Also if any issues arise with dirty/dust spots due to trying a new lens

Name:	MIA00087 13-20626 020921.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	1109181

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello

Looking for feedback on these two photos.
                        1. contrast
                        2. contrast, dirty, borderline soft/compression

Comment

• Looking for feedback on this photo. I attempted to re-edit this photo in regards to bringing up the shadows to increase contrast and exposure. Would like to know if this edit is sufficient for JP. Here are my concerns even though I attempted to make this edit better

1) Contrast, exposure, is this overprocessed/over-edited, and if there are any compression issues

Name:	DSC04649-2 VT-ALP 090520.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	1110173

Thank you

Comment

Looking for feedback on this photo. I attempted to re-edit this photo in regards to bringing up the shadows to increase contrast and exposure. Would like to know if this edit is sufficient for JP. Here are my concerns even though I attempted to make this edit better

1) Contrast, exposure, is this overprocessed/over-edited, and if there are any compression issues

Name:	DSC04649-2 VT-ALP 090520.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	1110173

Thank you
                            This would certainly be rejected for contrast. Don't think it's worth trying to edit any further.

Comment

• JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

For this rejection, I was curious if this lacked contrast on the whites or the blacks side as the histogram showed the peaks reaching the edges.

OR

If it caused the rejection because the peaks in the histogram were not prominent enough which also caused the too little contrast rejection.

Some insight would be appreciated so that I can evaluate photos in the future to make the histogram, and ultimately the photo(s), more acceptable. Thank you.

Below is a version of the histogram from the photo in question, just in case

Name:	histogram (1).png
Views:	105
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1110508

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8919883

For this rejection, I was curious if this lacked contrast on the whites or the blacks side as the histogram showed the peaks reaching the edges.

OR

If it caused the rejection because the peaks in the histogram were not prominent enough which also caused the too little contrast rejection.

Some insight would be appreciated so that I can evaluate photos in the future to make the histogram, and ultimately the photo(s), more acceptable. Thank you.
                                I almost never use the histogram to check contrast. For screening purposes, histogram better suited for checking exposure than contrast since the histogram refers to the whole frame rather than just the subject we are concerned about, the aircraft. As such, if the whole frame is well balanced, but there is poor light on the aircraft itself, this will not be apparent by looking at the histogram.

In your specific image, you've got some rather harsh light coming off the aircraft itself which you've tried to compensate for by bringing down the exposure which is not a great combination. Histogram is not going to tell you that, in fact as your post highlights, the histogram in this case is going to show that the frame overall is well balanced.

Comment

Working...
                                X