Pre-screening Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    1) with this photo, would this be an airport overview photo or would I use the aircraft (N148UP) as my upload process. Would the contrast and color be sufficient and are there any issues with exposure and horizon. If deemed airport overview, which category would you recommend for upload?
    Airport Overview - Runway. A bit noisy.

Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    2) with this photo I had one similar get accepted where it was stated that it could be considered backlit. Will this deem the photo as unacceptable? if not, are there any issues with color, contrast and exposure?
    Borderline backlit/contrast/exposure/soft

Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    3) Any issues with exposure and contrast?
    No and yes, respectively, and also with noise and sharpening. Quality generally not good enough for 1920pix.

Comment

• Hoping for some feedback on these photos respectively: Items listed if they are noticable and would warrant a rejection...If size of photo would be better at a lower Pixel size please let me know as well if that will help solve some of the issues

1) Any issues with softness around the nose or the rear, overprocessed (editing halos visible), and if contrast is sufficient

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04677-2 N781MM 040921.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	1113672

2) overprocessed (editing halos visible near top side of fuselage and tail), exposure sufficient, and if there are any issues with vignette

Name:	DSC04759 N781KB 040921.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1113673

Thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you in regards to these photo pre-screening requests
      http://www.jetphotos.com/jp_forum_si...hotogid=149565

Comment

Hoping for some feedback on these photos respectively: Items listed if they are noticable and would warrant a rejection...If size of photo would be better at a lower Pixel size please let me know as well if that will help solve some of the issues

1) Any issues with softness around the nose or the rear, overprocessed (editing halos visible), and if contrast is sufficient

Name:	DSC04677-2 N781MM 040921.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	1113672

2) overprocessed (editing halos visible near top side of fuselage and tail), exposure sufficient, and if there are any issues with vignette

Name:	DSC04759 N781KB 040921.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1113673

Thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you in regards to these photo pre-screening requests
        1. overprocessed and borderline noisy. sharpness & contrast ok for me.
        2. overprocessed, noisy, soft, borderline overexposed. not sure the quality is there for 1920pix.

Comment

• Good afternoon pre-screening crew. I recently had a rejection that I would like some clarification on in regards to the 'cut-off' rejection. I know that certain cropping techniques can be perceived as subjective in terms of a photo being rejected or accepted and I wanted to get some specifics as to why this photo was rejected. I also know that I can fix the softness by potentially adding some sharpness.

Below is the rejection link. Thank you in advance for your suggestions/insight.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Good afternoon pre-screening crew. I recently had a rejection that I would like some clarification on in regards to the 'cut-off' rejection. I know that certain cropping techniques can be perceived as subjective in terms of a photo being rejected or accepted and I wanted to get some specifics as to why this photo was rejected. I also know that I can fix the softness by potentially adding some sharpness.

Below is the rejection link. Thank you in advance for your suggestions/insight.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9062205
            Someone's personal taste I guess. Crop is ok for me, maybe a bit 'untidy' but not enough for a rejection. I'd hazard a guess it would be ok for most of the crew as well, so I wouldn't fret about it too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Someone's personal taste I guess. Crop is ok for me, maybe a bit 'untidy' but not enough for a rejection. I'd hazard a guess it would be ok for most of the crew as well, so I wouldn't fret about it too much.
              So I went ahead and re-edited the photo to add a small amount of sharpness and tightened the crop just a smidge in order to eliminate the possibility of having too much dead space. Would this be a more favorable photo in terms of the 1920px ratio or would this be more ideal at a smaller px size?

Name:	DSC01497-2 N866BB 040121.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1114281

Comment

So I went ahead and re-edited the photo to add a small amount of sharpness and tightened the crop just a smidge in order to eliminate the possibility of having too much dead space. Would this be a more favorable photo in terms of the 1920px ratio or would this be more ideal at a smaller px size?

Name:	DSC01497-2 N866BB 040121.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1114281
                I would definitely try a lower resolution than 1920pix. I don't think you're going to be able to hide the softness/heat haze at 1920.

Comment

• With this photo I am asking for advice/guidance on whether this fits the mold for an acceptable JP photo. Would this photo have any issues with being overprocessed? Also, does this have any issues with being underexposed and of course is the centering an issues.

1) Overprocessed (any halos visible), Under-exposed, and centering

Name:	DSC05799 N92JQ 042421.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	1114499

Thank you in advance

Comment

With this photo I am asking for advice/guidance on whether this fits the mold for an acceptable JP photo. Would this photo have any issues with being overprocessed? Also, does this have any issues with being underexposed and of course is the centering an issues.

1) Overprocessed (any halos visible), Under-exposed, and centering

Name:	DSC05799 N92JQ 042421.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	1114499

Thank you in advance
                    Exposure and centering look ok to me; slight haloing visible.

Comment

Exposure and centering look ok to me; slight haloing visible.
                      Would the slight halos cause a rejection Dana?

Comment

Would the slight halos cause a rejection Dana?
                        Probably.

Comment

• Good morning pre-screen team. I had previously posted a rejection link concerning the close-up of the Gulfstream G550. It was again rejected for soft and cut-off. I know that it was previously mentioned that crop was untidy so I tightened crop and exported at 1600px since it was also mentioned that there mightve been some haze. Would appreciate some input as to what else I would need to do or just scrap this pic altogether. Thanks in advance
                          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Good morning pre-screen team. I had previously posted a rejection link concerning the close-up of the Gulfstream G550. It was again rejected for soft and cut-off. I know that it was previously mentioned that crop was untidy so I tightened crop and exported at 1600px since it was also mentioned that there mightve been some haze. Would appreciate some input as to what else I would need to do or just scrap this pic altogether. Thanks in advance
                            Crop is ok for me, so that just comes down to personal taste. I do agree the quality is not quite there for 1600 pix. 1280 (or lower) would be a safer bet.

Comment

Crop is ok for me, so that just comes down to personal taste. I do agree the quality is not quite there for 1600 pix. 1280 (or lower) would be a safer bet.
                              Roger, thank you for your input. I will attempt one more time at a lower pixel size.

Comment

• Looking for feedback. In need of advice for this photo in regards to exposure, horizon, sharpness and color. Hoping that color/white balance are sufficient. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Name:	DSC07515 N820SK 051021.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1115416

Comment

Working...
                                X