X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by bgkicks49 View Post
    So I wanted to wait until I got the rejection email to see if there were any screener comments concerning which parts of the photo were soft after I took your advice Dana and applied additional USM to the photo that you provided feedback on in the most recent post in this thread. Looking for guidance as to which aspect of the photo is soft and if there are any tips/suggestions you can provide before I officially appeal through the proper channels. I really thought with my additional sharpening that it would make it more acceptable, but clearly it did not, and that is why I am reaching out. Just looking for some clarity and thank you in advance.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8778471
    Not sure why you would appeal.. I told you it was still soft.. but that's your call. Big hints are the fine details all look soft (serial, titles, around cockpit). If you want an idea of how fixable it may (or may not) be, post a 100% crop of one of those areas.

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    So I wanted to wait until I got the rejection email to see if there were any screener comments concerning which parts of the photo were soft after I took your advice Dana and applied additional USM to the photo that you provided feedback on in the most recent post in this thread. Looking for guidance as to which aspect of the photo is soft and if there are any tips/suggestions you can provide before I officially appeal through the proper channels. I really thought with my additional sharpening that it would make it more acceptable, but clearly it did not, and that is why I am reaching out. Just looking for some clarity and thank you in advance.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8778471

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would this be an acceptable photo for JP? I am looking for guidance as to whether the color is sufficient, contrast is good enough, and if there are any soft or undersharpened areas of the photo. If there are any other aspects that I missed, I would appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03227 07-08743 082620.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	1106416
    Looks a bit soft, but otherwise ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    Would this be an acceptable photo for JP? I am looking for guidance as to whether the color is sufficient, contrast is good enough, and if there are any soft or undersharpened areas of the photo. If there are any other aspects that I missed, I would appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Thank you.

Name:	DSC03227 07-08743 082620.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	1106416

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would there be any issues with this photo in regards to contrast, exposure, sharpness/soft, and if there is any visible heat haze. Taking a chance with this photo, but I would appreciate a second opinion. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and we appreciate everything that you do! Cheers!

Name:	DSC03964 9H-VJH 112820.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	1105674
    Angle seems a bit steep, no? Pretty sure you'd get a stall with that AOA.. Quality looks mostly acceptable otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    Would there be any issues with this photo in regards to contrast, exposure, sharpness/soft, and if there is any visible heat haze. Taking a chance with this photo, but I would appreciate a second opinion. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and we appreciate everything that you do! Cheers!

Name:	DSC03964 9H-VJH 112820.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	1105674

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    This one was a bit puzzling to me and I am looking for a bit more of an explanation before I appealed officially. I was hoping to get a more clear explanation as to which parts of the photo are over/undersaturated. I white balanced like I normally would and set vibrance and saturation low like I have done with my past photos. Any further advice/constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8711893
    There's a slight red tint, but would have been ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    This one was a bit puzzling to me and I am looking for a bit more of an explanation before I appealed officially. I was hoping to get a more clear explanation as to which parts of the photo are over/undersaturated. I white balanced like I normally would and set vibrance and saturation low like I have done with my past photos. Any further advice/constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8711893

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Dana, I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I am receiving this error message when trying to upload this photo. Any insight as to why I am receiving this message when it says that the minimum size requirements are 576px for the short side?

Name:	CapturePIXELSIZE.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1105014
    Not sure.. that image is within the accepted size ratios. Other images are ok? Maybe try the same image at a different resolution?

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    Dana, I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I am receiving this error message when trying to upload this photo. Any insight as to why I am receiving this message when it says that the minimum size requirements are 576px for the short side?

Name:	CapturePIXELSIZE.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1105014

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Looking for feedback for this photo:

One thing I am worried about is that there might be heat haze. If you see any other issues, I would appreciate you bringing them to my attention.

Name:	DSC04533 N189LW 120220.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	472.9 KB
ID:	1104993
    Would be ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    Looking for feedback for this photo:

One thing I am worried about is that there might be heat haze. If you see any other issues, I would appreciate you bringing them to my attention.

Name:	DSC04533 N189LW 120220.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	472.9 KB
ID:	1104993

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Taking a chance with a different aspect of a helicopter I do not normally see and I am looking for some guidance for this photo: Would you see any issues with this crop? Are there any issues with it being a belly photo? Any contrast or exposure issues? There is a bit of a tighter crop than I normally have and would like to see if you see any jpeg compression issues? If you see any other items I may have missed, please let me know. Thank you in advance

Name:	DSC04163 N71NM 112820.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	1104859
    Soft and borderline contrast, will depend on the screener for the latter, since most of the helicopter visible is in shadow.

Leave a comment:

• bgkicks49
    replied
    Taking a chance with a different aspect of a helicopter I do not normally see and I am looking for some guidance for this photo: Would you see any issues with this crop? Are there any issues with it being a belly photo? Any contrast or exposure issues? There is a bit of a tighter crop than I normally have and would like to see if you see any jpeg compression issues? If you see any other items I may have missed, please let me know. Thank you in advance

Name:	DSC04163 N71NM 112820.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	1104859

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you for the feedback Dana. Does this re-edit fix the contrast and horizon issues or at least make them more satisfactory?

Name:	DSC05082-2 N322SG 120520.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	822.5 KB
ID:	1104503
    Probably not going to be able to get much better out of it, but still borderline at best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X