gxaid - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gxaid - Editing advice

The time has come also for me to use the generous tool of advice through the forum.

So, first I get this rejection:

- Blurry
    - Bad Info in the following field(s): Serial Number/CN

with the additional Screener's comment: space in front of serial

1. I do not really understand where does the screener comment refer
    2. Why bad info (Serial Number/CN)? Before the rejection email arrived I thought Bad Info referred to the fact I ticked "Military" genre which is indeed wrong for this case. But why Serial Number/CN?

While uploading I included the following Note to Screeners: Previously registered YR-SMD now in full SMURD designations and serial 1122.
    scramble.nl also confirms the YR-SMD and 1122 share the same CN.

3. Also for the Blurry part... i would appreciate some clarification on which part(s) is considered as such.

Since the photo was qualifying as "Hot" I uploaded another frame ending again to rejection in... milliseconds(!) with identical rejection reasons although I had provided for the correct genre this time:

Exact same questions apply.

Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by gxaid View Post
    The time has come also for me to use the generous tool of advice through the forum.

- Blurry

2. Why bad info (Serial Number/CN)? Before the rejection email arrived I thought Bad Info referred to the fact I ticked "Military" genre which is indeed wrong for this case. But why Serial Number/CN?

While uploading I included the following Note to Screeners: Previously registered YR-SMD now in full SMURD designations and serial 1122.
    I've never had it happen myself but I've seen forum posts mentioning it. Sometimes autofill will add a space at the very beginning of the CN box. (123) is good, but ( 123) is not. It may be a good idea to put the cursor right in front of the first number and hit the delete key once.

3. Also for the Blurry part... i would appreciate some clarification on which part(s) is considered as such.
    The tail is blurry. Resizing to 1280px if you're at 1920px might do the trick. Maybe a touch more sharpening if it still doesn't look quite right. You shouldn't get a rejection if the part of the background is blurry, but if the subject is blurry you have a problem.

Since the photo was qualifying as "Hot" I uploaded another frame ending again to rejection in... milliseconds(!) with identical rejection reasons although I had provided for the correct genre this time:

Thank you in advance!
    This time the front half of the plane is blurry. Particularly the titles. And again, make sure there is no space in front of the CN, but I think the first photo is your best shot.

Comment

- Blurry

Thank you in advance!
      Please read the remarks the screener left you in regards to the cn.

Both images are quite blurry. This is not fixable at 1920pix, and even at 1280pix it might not be possible to hide it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
        A. I've never had it happen myself but I've seen forum posts mentioning it. Sometimes autofill will add a space at the very beginning of the CN box. (123) is good, but ( 123) is not. It may be a good idea to put the cursor right in front of the first number and hit the delete key once.

B. The tail is blurry. Resizing to 1280px if you're at 1920px might do the trick. Maybe a touch more sharpening if it still doesn't look quite right. You shouldn't get a rejection if the part of the background is blurry, but if the subject is blurry you have a problem.

C. This time the front half of the plane is blurry. Particularly the titles. And again, make sure there is no space in front of the CN, but I think the first photo is your best shot.
        A. Not sure that was the issue as the Autofill produced the YR-SMD result which I totally deleted in order to input the 1122.
        And I did this twice due to the two uploads. Thank you for the heads up anyway. Had never heard of that possibility.

B. Ok. I totally agree with the parts you indicate.

C. I agree again, besides that's why I uploaded the other photo first.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          Please read the remarks the screener left you in regards to the cn.

Both images are quite blurry. This is not fixable at 1920pix, and even at 1280pix it might not be possible to hide it.
          Thank you dlowwa. I might give it a try at 1280pix.
          Concerning the remarks I did read them and I did not understand the "space in front of serial" remark.
          That was my question.

Is it what Michael describes in his answer above?

Comment

Thank you dlowwa. I might give it a try at 1280pix.
            Concerning the remarks I did read them and I did not understand the "space in front of serial" remark.
            That was my question.

Is it what Michael describes in his answer above?
            Yes, you left a blank space before you entered the serial. This would corrupt the DB as accepted, as anyone searching for that serial wouldn't be able to find it.

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X