Clear All

Originally posted by northstardc4m View Post
    Well N10JP got accepted...

C-FNFS got a undersharp rejection which I can probably fix *sigh*
    Thats life here - Put it back in some correction. T

Comment

I will... in 3 days .

Comment

So trying again here... think my previous post got buried....

This one was previously rejected for Vignetting... making sure I've gotten that fixed?

Updated OO-ABB, better center and less dark I hope?:

And some input on this one... I don't know if it's me or the dirt and color balance is just making something look off but then not when I look again?

Comment

So trying again here... think my previous post got buried....

This one was previously rejected for Vignetting... making sure I've gotten that fixed?

Updated OO-ABB, better center and less dark I hope?:

And some input on this one... I don't know if it's me or the dirt and color balance is just making something look off but then not when I look again?
          1. vignetting, overprocessed (editing halos)
          2. ok
          3. dirty

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            1. vignetting, overprocessed (editing halos)
            2. ok
            3. dirty

Sorry just to confirm for 3, plane is dirty, the picture is ok?

And I guess I'll close the book on C-GIRL... I can't remove the vignette anymore without getting an "anti-vignette" on some of the pic... unless anyone has a LightRoom or Photoshop fix beyond what's recommended by Adobe for that?

Comment

plane is dirty, the picture is ok
              Dirty usually means you have dust spots on the sensor that need to be removed with a healing tool of some kind.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	990.6 KB
ID:	1041376

Comment

Thank You, that's what I meant... I had trouble with those that day, something got under my cap and I didn't notice until later...

Comment

Screeners, what bad info??? I spent alot of time digging up the exactly correct info and you flag it bad info, after not flagging it before?

You want sharper, I can do sharper not that I totally see it being soft, but the bad info... someone needs to explain that one.

I also don't know when a dust spot got in there as it's not in Lightroom that I can find or if i run a contrast check in PS, but is in the shot I uploaded... anyone even hear of .jpg compression creating or bringing out dust spots? Cause I can't see it on the original in LR ( And I'm sure I checked that slider all up and down, but no spot there, there is maybe a faint one top right that's cropped of the final image in the NEF, but not where one shows up now??? And yes it's something in my end cause it IS showing up if I load the cropped jpg I uploaded.) ... like WTF really... I just want to get this clear and yet something weird happens over and over again that never EVER happens with other types of subjects. Can anyone advise on that? It's really annoying me now...

JP dust:

Name:	jpdust.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1041387

nef in Lightroom:

Name:	originalNEF.jpg
Size:	812.1 KB
ID:	1041388

The 2 things behind the plane BTW one is a distant aircraft the other is a bird (white, seagull maybe, aircraft trailing this one did report bird near threshold above glidepath), both are cropped out of the final image, but not dust in any case.

edit apparently it is also in the previous rejection so something on the image is causing it to appear. But danged if I know what??? Unfortunately as this get pegged hot I can't check the JP tool either for uploads of it in time.

Comment

Ah yes, the age old problem of dust spots not showing in LR.

Tony helped me out with this a few months ago and it’s worked ever since.

Basically, without photoshop there no way of replicating what JP shows, however, you can get pretty close.
                      First: turn the highlights all the way down, and the clarity all the way up. Then, take the tone curve, drag the darks all the way down, the lights all the way up, and drag the middle dot all the way to the right, then spot removal out, then reset those settings and you should be good to go.

Tim

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154010489@N04/
                      https://www.instagram.com/crosswind_...ography/?hl=en

Comment

Thank you

I will give that a try...

Nice to know it's not just me.

How can one do it in Photoshop?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Create a copy of the background layer - one that copy select Equalize from the filter sub-menu. Then select the background layer and using the healing tool, click on the dust spots. Delete the background copy layer. Repeat as required.

Comment

Hi,
                            Lightroom dust Removal isn’t the best option. Using photoshop equalise technique in most instances gets the job done.

Not one for reinventing the wheel, our Seahawk at JP previously made available this workflow :

Page 25 deals with dust removal. The rest is a good read too.

Regards T

Comment

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
                              Hi,
                              Lightroom dust Removal isn’t the best option. Using photoshop equalise technique in most instances gets the job done.

Not one for reinventing the wheel, our Seahawk at JP previously made available this workflow :

Page 25 deals with dust removal. The rest is a good read too.

Regards T

Thanks for that, wish i'd seen it before.

I've upped my Adobe subscription to include PS CC... so I will see what I can generate based on that guide.

Comment

Ok so with some better help from that guide and using Photoshop CC...

Turns out I had dirt issues more than I knew... also went and cleaned my camera well this afternoon

How do these look now?

and just to be correct, this would be a night category or no?

Comment

Working...
                                X