Prescreen Advice Request - 787Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post

I think it might be, the crop was 1619x2428, how's this bit more sharpening doing?
    I'd guess probably still a rejection, but it's your call.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I'd guess probably still a rejection, but it's your call.
      Yeah, I do not want to waste a slot before I squeeze in more photos before winter comes...

So I retook the photo, along with other 4 night (dusk) shots, which is a topic I am good at handling. I tried your level approach to adjust contrast, and how are these looking?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I do not want to waste a slot before I squeeze in more photos before winter comes...

So I retook the photo, along with other 4 night (dusk) shots, which is a topic I am good at handling. I tried your level approach to adjust contrast, and how are these looking?
        1. soft, horizon
        2, 5. borderline dark/harsh contrast
        3. soft, dirty, borderline horizon/vignetting
        4. soft, overprocessed (too much noise reduction)

Comment

1. soft, horizon
          2, 5. borderline dark/harsh contrast
          3. soft, dirty, borderline horizon/vignetting
          4. soft, overprocessed (too much noise reduction)
          Can you tell me more about the horizon? I thought I aligned the verticals for tower. But I couldnt find a reference for 3. The wheels?

Update: I fixed 3's softness, vigentting, and horizon. Now I know what you meant by saying "soft." This means when I zoom in, I should see the details very sharp as well, not just when I view the image 100%. So now it is uploaded. Also fixed 1's horizon, but still not sure which part is soft? I think the details are bit soft by nature but still sharper than the DTW tower images I saw in the DB (but these images are also mostly shot a long time ago). This time it is not from a harsh crop. I had 3293x4940 with ISO 2500+1/4000 shutter speed. I tried to add more sharpening to compensate the noise reduction, but still it doesn't seems to be improving.

Comment

Can you tell me more about the horizon? I thought I aligned the verticals for tower. But I couldnt find a reference for 3. The wheels?
            Verticals appear to be leaning left.

Comment

Verticals appear to be leaning left.
              I figured by adding a vertical guideline. It was small, but is visible.

Sorry, seems like the update did not get to you in time... Gonna say it again:
              Now I know what you meant by saying "soft." This means when I zoom in, I should see the details very sharp as well, not just when I view the image 100%. So now it is uploaded. Also fixed 1's horizon, but still not sure which part is soft? I think the details are bit soft by nature but still sharper than the DTW tower images I saw in the DB (but these images are also mostly shot a long time ago). This time it is not from a harsh crop. I had 3293x4940 with ISO 2500+1/4000 shutter speed. I tried to add more sharpening to compensate the noise reduction, but still it doesn't seems to be improving. (And I am out of slots to show comparisons)

Comment

Working...
              X