Prescreen Advice Request - 787Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post

I think it might be, the crop was 1619x2428, how's this bit more sharpening doing?
    I'd guess probably still a rejection, but it's your call.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I'd guess probably still a rejection, but it's your call.
      Yeah, I do not want to waste a slot before I squeeze in more photos before winter comes...

So I retook the photo, along with other 4 night (dusk) shots, which is a topic I am good at handling. I tried your level approach to adjust contrast, and how are these looking?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I do not want to waste a slot before I squeeze in more photos before winter comes...

So I retook the photo, along with other 4 night (dusk) shots, which is a topic I am good at handling. I tried your level approach to adjust contrast, and how are these looking?
        1. soft, horizon
        2, 5. borderline dark/harsh contrast
        3. soft, dirty, borderline horizon/vignetting
        4. soft, overprocessed (too much noise reduction)

Comment

1. soft, horizon
          2, 5. borderline dark/harsh contrast
          3. soft, dirty, borderline horizon/vignetting
          4. soft, overprocessed (too much noise reduction)
          Can you tell me more about the horizon? I thought I aligned the verticals for tower. But I couldnt find a reference for 3. The wheels?

Update: I fixed 3's softness, vigentting, and horizon. Now I know what you meant by saying "soft." This means when I zoom in, I should see the details very sharp as well, not just when I view the image 100%. So now it is uploaded. Also fixed 1's horizon, but still not sure which part is soft? I think the details are bit soft by nature but still sharper than the DTW tower images I saw in the DB (but these images are also mostly shot a long time ago). This time it is not from a harsh crop. I had 3293x4940 with ISO 2500+1/4000 shutter speed. I tried to add more sharpening to compensate the noise reduction, but still it doesn't seems to be improving.

Comment

Can you tell me more about the horizon? I thought I aligned the verticals for tower. But I couldnt find a reference for 3. The wheels?
            Verticals appear to be leaning left.

Comment

Verticals appear to be leaning left.
              I figured by adding a vertical guideline. It was small, but is visible.

Sorry, seems like the update did not get to you in time... Gonna say it again:
              Now I know what you meant by saying "soft." This means when I zoom in, I should see the details very sharp as well, not just when I view the image 100%. So now it is uploaded. Also fixed 1's horizon, but still not sure which part is soft? I think the details are bit soft by nature but still sharper than the DTW tower images I saw in the DB (but these images are also mostly shot a long time ago). This time it is not from a harsh crop. I had 3293x4940 with ISO 2500+1/4000 shutter speed. I tried to add more sharpening to compensate the noise reduction, but still it doesn't seems to be improving. (And I am out of slots to show comparisons)

Comment

I need some suggestion for these 2 airport overviews (ramp).. I don't think it is to the quality that can be accepted, but I really need some suggestions to make it work

And... Is the heat hazing affecting the Delta?

Also wanted to do a biz jet collection, and how do you think about these?
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry the photos are going to pile up again, but here is the rest of the biz jet batch.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry the photos are going to pile up again, but here is the rest of the biz jet batch.
                    Oversharpened/heat hazed on the last one, but first two ok for me.

Comment

Oversharpened/heat hazed on the last one, but first two ok for me.
                      Thanks! Can you give me some advice on these two?
                      Attached Files

Comment

not screener
                        fist photo looks horizon unlevel and soft
                        Kind regards from Sydney
                        Charlie Chang

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Chang View Post

not screener
                          fist photo looks horizon unlevel and soft
                          what about things like exposure and contrast? I ve never uploaded anything like this so i don't know where to go about.

Comment

They look a bit blurry and oversharpened to compensate. If the originals are not blurry, a better edit may help.

Comment

They look a bit blurry and oversharpened to compensate. If the originals are not blurry, a better edit may help.
                              Unfortunately they are blurry because DTW has terrible terminal driveway (loose structure that vibrates), which shakes the camera. I am gonna give it a try for the sunset as it still look somewhat salvageable, but the night one is also out of focus I think, so definitely a no go for the night one. Thanks for the help as always.

Comment

Hello,

I need some advice on the following photos:

The first photo is aiming for the first registration, but I think it is soft (due to great cropping) and backlit. But maybe they are borderline. Do you think there is a chance?

The other four are my test runs for larger pixels as I got approved for larger pics. I wonder if they are soft.

Thanks in advance!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X