Pre-screening request from cadams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-screening request from cadams

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone could have a suss of the following shots.

I'm worried about obstruction and possibly issues in equalise/dust.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Regards,
    Chris
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/74836

Originally posted by cadams View Post
    Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone could have a suss of the following shots.

I'm worried about obstruction and possibly issues in equalise/dust.

Regards,
    Chris
    Hi,

Please read here, especially #2:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Thanks.

Comment

Hi all,

Will be editing a number of images I took at Istanbul that all have similar contrast to this image below. Obviously somewhat difficult weather conditions and taken in the morning.

This one was rejected for too much or too little contrast.

Should I be aiming at adding or removing contrast? And is there any general rule of thumb as to how I should try and get the contrast right first go for the trickier images like this one? Generally I feel I have a good gauge as to editing contrast for most of my images.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6227.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	1161207

Kind Regards,
      Chris

Comment

As you said, tricky conditions, and that is probably the answer. Just not enough you can do with this one.

Comment

Hi all,

Will be editing a number of images I took at Istanbul that all have similar contrast to this image below. Obviously somewhat difficult weather conditions and taken in the morning.

This one was rejected for too much or too little contrast.

Should I be aiming at adding or removing contrast? And is there any general rule of thumb as to how I should try and get the contrast right first go for the trickier images like this one? Generally I feel I have a good gauge as to editing contrast for most of my images.
          Once again, please read here carefully:

I've combined your threads, but any new ones will simply be deleted.

It is unlikely you will be able to 'fix' the contrast on this image, as the lack of direct light on the subject is not something you can usually compensate for with editing.

Comment

EDITING ADVICE PLEASE: Hi all, have recently made the switch from Canon EOS 90D to an R7, shooting RAW+JPEG at the moment. I'm not a seasoned RAW person so I'm still learning to edit the images in a way that I'm satisfied with.

I shot landings for the first time with the R7, and I'm dealing with this weird outline around the aircraft when I equalise the shot (specifically around the gear and the tail). These are the JPEG images straight from the camera with minimal editing in photoshop.

I've never dealt with this before so I'm wondering if these are images that will be rejected or is this normal? The below images are the photo itself, and the equalised shots from both photoshop and the JP queue tool (the image is not currently in the queue).

Thank you,
            Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture 3.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1163338Click image for larger version

Name:	capture 2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1163339

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	1163340

Comment

EDITING ADVICE PLEASE: Hi all, have recently made the switch from Canon EOS 90D to an R7, shooting RAW+JPEG at the moment. I'm not a seasoned RAW person so I'm still learning to edit the images in a way that I'm satisfied with.

I shot landings for the first time with the R7, and I'm dealing with this weird outline around the aircraft when I equalise the shot (specifically around the gear and the tail). These are the JPEG images straight from the camera with minimal editing in photoshop.

I've never dealt with this before so I'm wondering if these are images that will be rejected or is this normal? The below images are the photo itself, and the equalised shots from both photoshop and the JP queue tool (the image is not currently in the queue).

Thank you,
              Chris

Name:	capture 3.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1163338Click image for larger version

Name:	capture 2.jpg
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1163339

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	1163340
              Hi, the wavy line effects are compression artefacts from JPEG image format. To remove the artefacts, use the RAW format on the camera. Then convert it to JPEG.

Hopefully this helped

Kind regards
              Cameron Roberts

Comment

I'm well aware as to how to export RAW images.

My question is whether the outline around the aircraft, specifically the gear and tail, and any other elements of the image, are grounds for rejection.

I have never had these issues with previous cameras.

Comment

I'm well aware as to how to export RAW images.

My question is whether the outline around the aircraft, specifically the gear and tail, and any other elements of the image, are grounds for rejection.

I have never had these issues with previous cameras.
                  Hi, yes, it would be rejected for overprocessed. To fix it, avoid using highlights, shadows, clarity, vibrance, and dehaze sliders.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Roberts View Post

Hi, yes, it would be rejected for overprocessed. To fix it, avoid using highlights, shadows, clarity, vibrance, and dehaze sliders.
                    Absolutely none of those filters were used on the above image, however.

Comment

Yes, overprocessed rejection is certain. If not added in editing, then in-camera settings are causing this.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Yes, overprocessed rejection is certain. If not added in editing, then in-camera settings are causing this.
                        Thank you Dana, much appreciated. I'll review in-camera settings.

Comment

Hi all, I had this rejection for
                          • Vignetting not allowed
                          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11368713

I'm assuming it was for the dark spot to the top left of the image.

Here is the image and JP equalised.

Name:	1098679_1697763396.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1,009.2 KB
ID:	1173304Click image for larger version

Name:	vignetting not allowed.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	482.5 KB
ID:	1173305

​Showing another image from this lot, the dark spot was actually caused by a bushfire in the background.

Name:	398515973_845656197107865_1160858478944820925_n.png
Views:	63
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1173306

From a screener perspective, I do understand why this could potentially be rejected. From my end however, would this grounds for an appeal?

Kind regards,
                          Chris

Comment

Hi all, I had this rejection for
                            • Vignetting not allowed
                            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11368713

I'm assuming it was for the dark spot to the top left of the image.

Here is the image and JP equalised.

​Showing another image from this lot, the dark spot was actually caused by a bushfire in the background.

From a screener perspective, I do understand why this could potentially be rejected. From my end however, would this grounds for an appeal?

Kind regards,
                            Chris
                            If explained carefully, yes.

Comment

Hi crew,

I had this rejection for
                              • Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter

Name:	1651576_1701248023.jpg
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	1176206

I'm assuming it's due to the equipment box on the ground toward the front of the aircraft. Happy to be corrected here, but it isn't obstructing the aircraft? It's obstructing the AN124 behind but there's a reasonable gap between the equipment box itself and the fuselage of the A321.

...or would this be counted as foreground clutter? This would come as a surprise as there is another image taken from a similar angle up in the JP database where the equipment box is present in the exact same location!

Kind regards and Merry Christmas,
                              Chris
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X