Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reject Query

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reject Query

    http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=7517962

    This image was rejected for vignetting (a first for me) - but i just cannot see it. For one thing vignetting is a darkening of the corners but this image is only 70% of the original size - ie corners removed when cropping. I used the check for dust on JP and it showed a very slight darkening on the left which was some distant clouds and around the fin (also clouds) Nothing showed on Lightroom so am a little perplexed.

  • #2
    Originally posted by paulc View Post
    http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=7517962

    This image was rejected for vignetting (a first for me) - but i just cannot see it. For one thing vignetting is a darkening of the corners but this image is only 70% of the original size - ie corners removed when cropping. I used the check for dust on JP and it showed a very slight darkening on the left which was some distant clouds and around the fin (also clouds) Nothing showed on Lightroom so am a little perplexed.
    There is darkening in both the left and right edges/corners, which leads one to believe it's not a natural phenomenon. Other than lens vignetting, the other most common thing I've seen cause such an effect is shooting through a fence, which I assume you weren't. I'd be happy to look at the original file to see if the effect is present there too, or perhaps it's something you've introduced inadvertently in your workflow.

    Comment


    • #3
      thanks - how do i get that RAW file to you? My workflow is very simple as i try to do as little as possible to the image. Lightroom shows no signs of the vignetting though so am at a loss as to what happened. I have been using the same camera / lens + hood combo for several years with no issues like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by paulc View Post
        thanks - how do i get that RAW file to you? My workflow is very simple as i try to do as little as possible to the image. Lightroom shows no signs of the vignetting though so am at a loss as to what happened. I have been using the same camera / lens + hood combo for several years with no issues like this.
        Send me a private message and I'll give you my email.

        Comment


        • #5
          Having trouble sending you a PM - the RAW file is 25MB so not sure if that might be too big anyway

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by paulc View Post
            Having trouble sending you a PM - the RAW file is 25MB so not sure if that might be too big anyway
            I PM'd you. If email doesn't work, you can try using a free file-sharing service. Up to you, but I'm happy to have a look.

            Comment


            • #7
              Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	980.5 KB
ID:	1041802

              A bit on the sides.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lens correction in your editing program may improve the image possibly
                Regards,
                Darryl

                Comment

                Working...
                X