Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(arora7dm) - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thank you. I assumed the first one was fixable, so tried to add a bit of sharpening to it. Is it still soft? Also, added 2 more images. I am not sure if I am exceeding the 5 images in 24 hour rule, but will wait a bit after I hear feedback on these.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150124-1-D61_1246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	724.0 KB
ID:	1042062Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_0214_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	703.3 KB
ID:	1042063Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_0896_00001_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	727.9 KB
ID:	1042064

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
      Thank you. I assumed the first one was fixable, so tried to add a bit of sharpening to it. Is it still soft? Also, added 2 more images. I am not sure if I am exceeding the 5 images in 24 hour rule, but will wait a bit after I hear feedback on these.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]27771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27773[/ATTACH]
      1. soft
      2. soft, contrast, centering, backlit. not fixable.
      3. dark/backlit. not fixable.

      Comment


      • #18
        Thank you as always for all the feedback. Any images amongst these that can be potential picks? I can spend more time post-processing.

        Have a great labor day!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1331_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	1042194Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1335_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	1042195Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1343_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	1042196Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1350_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	661.3 KB
ID:	1042197Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1352_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	639.8 KB
ID:	1042198

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
          Thank you as always for all the feedback. Any images amongst these that can be potential picks? I can spend more time post-processing.

          Have a great labor day!

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]27933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27934[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27936[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27937[/ATTACH]
          Not sure what you mean by 'potential picks', but these are all backlit, so none would be acceptable here.

          Comment


          • #20
            Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to check - should I post process any of them if they could be made acceptable.

            They may appear back-lit, but they actually are into the sun. Meaning light is coming from the front.. Taken in the evening at LAX, with sun setting in the West and in the direction that these take off...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
              Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to check - should I post process any of them if they could be made acceptable.

              They may appear back-lit, but they actually are into the sun. Meaning light is coming from the front.. Taken in the evening at LAX, with sun setting in the West and in the direction that these take off...
              For the context of JP, these are in fact considered backlit. Despite the sun being no more than a few degrees past 90 from your left, the whole side of the aircraft visible to you is in shadow. I'm quite familiar with such a set up, as my local airport also has east - west orientation of the main runways, and the sun will creep to the 'north' side mornings and evenings in the summer. Use this tool to better plan your spotting session next time:

              https://www.suncalc.org/

              Comment


              • #22
                Would this be considered back-lit too? This is in winter, when likely the angle of the sun is different. Thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	D61_3750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	804.5 KB
ID:	1042489

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                  Would this be considered back-lit too? This is in winter, when likely the angle of the sun is different. Thanks![ATTACH=CONFIG]28304[/ATTACH]
                  Not backlit.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thanks! Can you please share your feedback on this one, then.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170128-1-D61_3750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	610.3 KB
ID:	1042491

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                      Thanks! Can you please share your feedback on this one, then.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28306[/ATTACH]
                      Contrast too low, and maybe a touch soft.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Thank you! Updated to fix contrast and added a bit of sharpening. Does it look better? Any other issues?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20170128-1-D61_3750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	721.5 KB
ID:	1042503

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                          Thank you! Updated to fix contrast and added a bit of sharpening. Does it look better? Any other issues?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28319[/ATTACH]
                          Yes, better. Would be ok for me as-is, but I see two minor issues that could still present an issue: horizon (maybe a touch of CCW needed), and a very slight blue cast. Up to you whether you want to adjust those as well.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Thank you again. I know it is kind of a thankless job and the request does not stop, so I appreciate you all looking into it. I made small adjustments (CCW rotation and slight increase in temp). Please let me know how it looks now. I will then upload it and cross my fingers
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20170128-1-D61_3750-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	709.3 KB
ID:	1042533

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                              Thank you again. I know it is kind of a thankless job and the request does not stop, so I appreciate you all looking into it. I made small adjustments (CCW rotation and slight increase in temp). Please let me know how it looks now. I will then upload it and cross my fingers
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]28370[/ATTACH]
                              Borderline soft, but would be ok for me.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Can you please share your thoughts on this one? Thank you.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120-1-D61_6518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	683.8 KB
ID:	1042816

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X