Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(arora7dm) - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you. Will the last one be tagged "special livery"?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
      Thank you. Will the last one be tagged "special livery"?
      Yes.

      Comment


      • Hello everyone. I posted this here before, but this got rejected due to Vignetting. Can you please let me know your thoughts on appeal? I have it set to correct vignetting in LR. Thank you.

        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8641568

        If you think there needs to be adjustment needed still, I adjusted this one below "manually" even more...


        Click image for larger version  Name:	20201115-1-NZ6_6030DNG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	732.8 KB ID:	1103933
        Last edited by arora7dm; 2020-11-30, 18:20.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
          Hello everyone. I posted this here before, but this got rejected due to Vignetting. Can you please let me know your thoughts on appeal? I have it set to correct vignetting in LR. Thank you.

          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8641568

          If you think there needs to be adjustment needed still, I adjusted this one below "manually" even more...


          Click image for larger version Name:	20201115-1-NZ6_6030DNG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	732.8 KB ID:	1103933
          Looks fine to me, maybe even a touch over-adjusted.

          Comment


          • OK, thanks. I will submit now and see what they say. I do agree, it was fine before this "over-adjustment"

            Comment


            • Also, does appealing ever help?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                Also, does appealing ever help?
                In my experience, I find that I accept 10-20% of appeals. I'm not sure overall what the success rate of appeals is, but I'd guess something similar. You'd definitely do better to check here first before appealing.

                Comment


                • OK, thank you. I was just trying to decide between two pictures.

                  If I should appeal this one at the top, which was rejected for vignetting. Or upload a new one with slight over-correction, at the bottom.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	717.2 KB
ID:	1103976Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	713.8 KB
ID:	1103977

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                    OK, thank you. I was just trying to decide between two pictures.

                    If I should appeal this one at the top, which was rejected for vignetting. Or upload a new one with slight over-correction, at the bottom.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	717.2 KB
ID:	1103976Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	713.8 KB
ID:	1103977
                    That'll be up to you, but you saw what I wrote about how often appeals are successful..

                    Comment


                    • Hello everyone. I have some basic question on night photography. Due to lower light, and a need for higher ISO, there will be noise as well as softness. Is that taken into consideration? For example will any of these images work? If not, then I guess the only way to do it will be to use a tripod with a reasonably low ISO and take still pictures? Thank you. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201213-1-yyddmm (date)_Document Name_DNG_4.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	844.4 KB
ID:	1104895Click image for larger version

Name:	20201213-1-yyddmm (date)_Document Name_DNG_2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	935.9 KB
ID:	1104896Click image for larger version

Name:	20201213-1-yyddmm (date)_Document Name_DNG_6.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	934.1 KB
ID:	1104897

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                        Hello everyone. I have some basic question on night photography. Due to lower light, and a need for higher ISO, there will be noise as well as softness. Is that taken into consideration? For example will any of these images work? If not, then I guess the only way to do it will be to use a tripod with a reasonably low ISO and take still pictures?
                        Slight leeway might be given for noise, but not sharpness. None of your images would be acceptable due to obstruction, noise, blurriness, etc.

                        Comment


                        • Hello everyone, your feedback on these would be very appreciated. First and last look like they have vignetting, though I tried to enable lens corrections in LR. Also, only 5 images at one time, right? Click image for larger version  Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6104.jpg Views:	0 Size:	445.6 KB ID:	1105428Click image for larger version  Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6074.jpg Views:	0 Size:	883.2 KB ID:	1105429Click image for larger version  Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6067.jpg Views:	0 Size:	674.3 KB ID:	1105430Click image for larger version  Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6094.jpg Views:	0 Size:	941.0 KB ID:	1105431Click image for larger version  Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6087.jpg Views:	0 Size:	416.4 KB ID:	1105432

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                            Hello everyone, your feedback on these would be very appreciated. First and last look like they have vignetting, though I tried to enable lens corrections in LR.
                            1. vignetting
                            2. horizon
                            3. vignetting, dirty, borderline soft
                            4. borderline soft
                            5. vignetting

                            Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                            Also, only 5 images at one time, right?
                            https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

                            Comment


                            • Thank you for the feedback. Made some adjustments:
                              1. Fixed vignetting more
                              2. Adjusted Horizon slightly (CCW)
                              3. Adjusted vignetting and tried to add some sharpening
                              4. Changed image
                              5. Fixed vignetting more Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6104.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	1105515Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6074.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	882.1 KB
ID:	1105516Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6067.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	678.2 KB
ID:	1105517Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6095.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	925.8 KB
ID:	1105518Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6087.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	1105519

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
                                Thank you for the feedback. Made some adjustments:
                                1. Fixed vignetting more
                                2. Adjusted Horizon slightly (CCW)
                                3. Adjusted vignetting and tried to add some sharpening
                                4. Changed image
                                5. Fixed vignetting more Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6104.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	1105515Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6074.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	882.1 KB
ID:	1105516Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6067.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	678.2 KB
ID:	1105517Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6095.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	925.8 KB
ID:	1105518Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220-1-20201220NZ6_6087.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	1105519
                                1-2. ok for me
                                3. vignetting/overprocessed
                                4. borderline soft
                                5. vignetting/overprocessed

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X