No announcement yet.

Clinton_vern - Pre Screen / Editing Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi team, can I please get a pre-screen on this image? This is a new rego for this air frame, it was a very overcast day so checking exposure & contrast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VH-OLJ.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	548.4 KB
ID:	1111948

Comment

• Originally posted by clinton_vern View Post
      Hi team, can I please get a pre-screen on this image? This is a new rego for this air frame, it was a very overcast day so checking exposure & contrast.

Name:	VH-OLJ.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	548.4 KB
ID:	1111948
      Would be rejected for contrast, and perhaps horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Would be rejected for contrast, and perhaps horizon.
        Thanks. Is this any better? i've lowered contrast slightly & the horizon, well I thought it was spot on but i've rotated it ever so slightly

Name:	VH-OLJ (2).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	546.5 KB
ID:	1112015

Comment

Thanks. Is this any better? i've lowered contrast slightly & the horizon, well I thought it was spot on but i've rotated it ever so slightly

Name:	VH-OLJ (2).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	546.5 KB
ID:	1112015
          Horizon looks ok to me, but don't think the contrast is really fixable on this one.

Comment

Horizon looks ok to me, but don't think the contrast is really fixable on this one.
            Thank you

Comment

Thank you
              You can give it a shot since it's a 'first registration' case.

Comment

• Originally posted by trenchjp View Post

You can give it a shot since it's a 'first registration' case.
                Maybe you didn't read the part about it not being fixable. He can give it a shot, but he would lose a slot since it would be rejected, so is that really good advice?

Comment

so is that really good advice?
                  Yes i think it is, photos with poor contrast have more chances of being accepted if they are first reg. Go into the new registration section and start scrolling, it will take less than 60 seconds to find an image with poor contrast or taken in a overcast day with poor lighting, and it is not just a single one that was, perhaps, wrongfully accepted, keep scrolling and more will appear. That's why i gave him this advice, which can or cannot be followed.

Comment

Yes i think it is, you definitely know this better than me, but photos with poor contrast have more chances of being accepted if they are first reg. Go into the new registration section and start scrolling, it will take less than 60 seconds to find an image with poor contrast or taken in a overcast day with poor lighting, and it is not just a single one that was, perhaps, wrongfully accepted, keep scrolling and more will appear. That's why i gave him this advice, which can or cannot be followed.
                    Right...you know more likely than not I will be the one who screens it, yes? Just saying might be a better idea to follow the advice of the person who's actually going to make the final decision

Comment

Yes i think it is, you definitely know this better than me, but photos with poor contrast have more chances of being accepted if they are first reg. Go into the new registration section and start scrolling, it will take less than 60 seconds to find an image with poor contrast or taken in a overcast day with poor lighting, and it is not just a single one that was, perhaps, wrongfully accepted, keep scrolling and more will appear. That's why i gave him this advice, which can or cannot be followed.
                      Thank you for the advice. I have decided to leave the shot out & hopefully I will be able to get another shot when Sydney weather isn't so miserable.

This image got rejected for contrast only Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	1112063 , I have since adjusted the contrast & was wondering/hoping it was fixed.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I have decided to leave the shot out & hopefully I will be able to get another shot when Sydney weather isn't so miserable.

This image got rejected for contrast only, I have since adjusted the contrast & was wondering/hoping it was fixed.
                        Can't really compare without seeing the first attempt, but this will still be borderline at best since it is very close to being, if not actually backlit.

Comment

Can't really compare without seeing the first attempt, but this will still be borderline at best since it is very close to being, if not actually backlit.
                          How about this, backlit?

Name:	A30-001.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	382.7 KB
ID:	1113301

Comment

How about this, backlit?

Name:	A30-001.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	382.7 KB
ID:	1113301
                            Can't quite tell exactly, but close enough that I would consider it borderline.

Comment

Can't quite tell exactly, but close enough that I would consider it borderline.
                              Thank you

Comment

• Hi, this image had a rejection for:
                                • JPG compression artefacts
                                • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
                                I can sort out the Over Processed / Bad postprocessing but with the JPG compression artefacts which i can see now when i use the check for dust feature, i am wondering what i have done differently this time compared to previous uploads? It was shot in RAW, I have post processed the image the same as all my other images, exported it the same, how come this one is different? I had 2 images from the same day/time/place accepted but 2 rejected for this reason, any help would be appreciated.

This is the exact image that was uploaded

Name:	VH-RQC.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	522.9 KB
ID:	1113706

Comment

Working...
                                X