• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clinton_vern View Post
    Hi, this image had a rejection for:
    • JPG compression artefacts
    • Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
    I can sort out the Over Processed / Bad postprocessing but with the JPG compression artefacts which i can see now when i use the check for dust feature, i am wondering what i have done differently this time compared to previous uploads? It was shot in RAW, I have post processed the image the same as all my other images, exported it the same, how come this one is different? I had 2 images from the same day/time/place accepted but 2 rejected for this reason, any help would be appreciated.

This is the exact image that was uploaded

Click image for larger version

Name:	VH-RQC.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	522.9 KB
ID:	1113706
    Not sure. Not exactly compression, but it's the rejection reason we usually use for such banding/patterns in the sky. Could have alternately been produced by bad processing, so not sure why it would appear in some images and not others if you say the processing was exactly the same for all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not sure. Not exactly compression, but it's the rejection reason we usually use for such banding/patterns in the sky. Could have alternately been produced by bad processing, so not sure why it would appear in some images and not others if you say the processing was exactly the same for all of them.
      No worries, thanks for that, i'll keep an eye out from now on.

Comment

• Hi team, can i please enquire as to what categories are missing from this image?

Also the horizon was taken from the vertical tower, is it not level as even when using the horizon tool it looks very level to me but maybe my chair is on a lean.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi team, can i please enquire as to what categories are missing from this image?

Also the horizon was taken from the vertical tower, is it not level as even when using the horizon tool it looks very level to me but maybe my chair is on a lean.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9053968
          Missing Night Shot. Looks like it needs a small amount of CCW rotation.

Comment

Missing Night Shot. Looks like it needs a small amount of CCW rotation.
            Ah cool, thank you for that!!

Comment

• Hi team, I am more after editing advice now with this rejected photo, it was my first real night shot, but one of the rejections was for Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
              I was hoping someone may be able to help me in to which way i should be adjusting saturation/hue, on a side note i will not be uploading the image to the database as its too soft & i cant sharpen any further so this is purely editing advice please.

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	757.8 KB
ID:	1114115

Comment

Hi team, I am more after editing advice now with this rejected photo, it was my first real night shot, but one of the rejections was for Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
                I was hoping someone may be able to help me in to which way i should be adjusting saturation/hue, on a side note i will not be uploading the image to the database as its too soft & i cant sharpen any further so this is purely editing advice please.

Views:	116
Size:	757.8 KB
ID:	1114115
                White balance is off. The white are not white. Should be easy enough to fix if working from the raw file.

Comment

White balance is off. The white are not white. Should be easy enough to fix if working from the raw file.
                  Thank you, i used the white balance tool on the i think APU, is this any better? Also i found i could make it sharper, could this now be ok to be uploaded?

Alos 2 other shots of this aircraft were uploaded last night & both were accepted straight away, i thought it could be because of the different tail art so i added mine as hot but that was part of the rejection. Is there any reasons why the other 2 shots from 2 different photographers were accepted straightaway?

Views:	109
Size:	715.8 KB
ID:	1114122

Comment

Thank you, i used the white balance tool on the i think APU, is this any better? Also i found i could make it sharper, could this now be ok to be uploaded?

Alos 2 other shots of this aircraft were uploaded last night & both were accepted straight away, i thought it could be because of the different tail art so i added mine as hot but that was part of the rejection. Is there any reasons why the other 2 shots from 2 different photographers were accepted straightaway?

Views:	109
Size:	715.8 KB
ID:	1114122
                    Color looks much better, though still soft.

Although only one of the images should have been accepted as hot, they were both in the queue at the same time (when screened), so were added together. We usually do this to be fair to both photographers. Once the hot queue has been cleared, however, any other images would no longer be hot, even if submitted only 5 minutes later.

Comment

Color looks much better, though still soft.

Although only one of the images should have been accepted as hot, they were both in the queue at the same time (when screened), so were added together. We usually do this to be fair to both photographers. Once the hot queue has been cleared, however, any other images would no longer be hot, even if submitted only 5 minutes later.
                      Cool, thanks for your help with this. I will be hopefully getting a daylight shot of this aircraft tomorrow which i can hopefully upload. Thanks again

Comment

• Hi team

I am after a pre-screen for the following 2 images, I am looking for contrast, exposure & sharpness.

Thanks in advanced

Name:	IMG_0126.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	701.1 KB
ID:	1114161Click image for larger version

Name:	63-8021.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	643.8 KB
ID:	1114160

Comment

Hi team

I am after a pre-screen for the following 2 images, I am looking for contrast, exposure & sharpness.
                          These images are similar.

Comment

These images are similar.
                            Understood

Then can I please get a pre-screen of this image, I am looking for contrast, exposure & sharpness, Thanks in advanced

Name:	63-8021 (2).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	701.1 KB
ID:	1114164

Comment

Understood

Then can I please get a pre-screen of this image, I am looking for contrast, exposure & sharpness, Thanks in advanced
                              Contrast/exposure should be ok. Aircraft is a bit soft. Some compression noticeable in the sky.

Comment

Contrast/exposure should be ok. Aircraft is a bit soft. Some compression noticeable in the sky.
                                Thanks again

Can i please get a pre-screen on this image, it will be a hot photo for new livery, I want to check sharpness if possible & is the crop ok?

Thanks in advanced

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	642.9 KB
ID:	1114214

Comment

Working...
                                X