Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emirhan - Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Emirhan - Editing advice

    Im really new to planespotting, i watched some vids and read guides. I cant crop properly.

    Original picture is this (dont mind exposure and horizon level) :

    https://pasteboard.co/I94FOfc.jpg

    After I crop quality becomes:

    https://pasteboard.co/I94FIRw.jpg


    Im using PS CC.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Originally posted by emirhan View Post
    Im really new to planespotting, i watched some vids and read guides. I cant crop properly.

    Original picture is this (dont mind exposure and horizon level) :

    https://pasteboard.co/I94FOfc.jpg

    After I crop quality becomes:

    https://pasteboard.co/I94FIRw.jpg


    Im using PS CC.

    Thanks.
    Looks about right. What do you think the issue is with the cropped image?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Looks about right. What do you think the issue is with the cropped image?
      General quality of image, for example when I zoomed to image registration is just looking bad. If its OK, no problem for me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by emirhan View Post
        General quality of image, for example when I zoomed to image registration is just looking bad. If its OK, no problem for me.
        While cropping , I advise you to pay attention to the distance between A/C and edges both horizontally and vertically.

        (Translate) P.S: Gayet güzel.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by theaviationspotter View Post
          While cropping , I advise you to pay attention to the distance between A/C and edges both horizontally and vertically.

          (Translate) P.S: Gayet güzel.
          Thanks, are you Firat Cimenli (http://theaviationspotter.com) ? If you are, thank you very much for your guide. Both video and text is pretty good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by emirhan View Post
            General quality of image, for example when I zoomed to image registration is just looking bad. If its OK, no problem for me.
            You are correct, the quality is poor, but the quality of the original uncropped image is also very poor. Why would you expect this to change simply by cropping it? If anything, cropping usually shows the flaws even more.

            If you want your final, cropped image to look better, you need to start with a better quality original.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              You are correct, the quality is poor, but the quality of the original uncropped image is also very poor. Why would you expect this to change simply by cropping it? If anything, cropping usually shows the flaws even more.

              If you want your final, cropped image to look better, you need to start with a better quality original.
              I guess i used the term "quality" wrong. Im was trying to say cropped images resolution is bad so even registration is readable hardly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by emirhan View Post
                I guess i used the term "quality" wrong. Im was trying to say cropped images resolution is bad so even registration is readable hardly.
                The cropped image has no problems with resolution/compression. The registration is hardly readable because it is soft. It is soft because the original image is very soft - which goes back to my point. If you start with a high-quality original, your cropped image should also be high quality. If you don't, it won't be.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  The cropped image has no problems with resolution/compression. The registration is hardly readable because it is soft. It is soft because the original image is very soft - which goes back to my point. If you start with a high-quality original, your cropped image should also be high quality. If you don't, it won't be.
                  Thank you. You are totally right.


                  Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Emirhan - Editing advice

                    Hello everyone. Im here with a lot of photos and none of them accepted currently. I dont know where to start learning post-processing. I hope to get better with trying again and again.

                    (Im using M43 sensor camera which is not that common (at least for planespotters) but I dont think it is the issue. I guess Im doing some step(s) wrong. )

                    For example (theres something wrong with this picture but I cant see what it is):

                    Out of the body JPEG: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.JPG
                    Out of the body RAW: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.ORF



                    Edit: Tried again: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...P9076437-1.jpg
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by emirhan View Post
                      Hello everyone. Im here with a lot of photos and none of them accepted currently. I dont know where to start learning post-processing. I hope to get better with trying again and again.

                      (Im using M43 sensor camera which is not that common (at least for planespotters) but I dont think it is the issue. I guess Im doing some step(s) wrong. )

                      For example (theres something wrong with this picture but I cant see what it is):

                      Out of the body JPEG: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.JPG
                      Out of the body RAW: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.ORF



                      Edit: Tried again: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...P9076437-1.jpg
                      When you get the chance, please read here:

                      https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

                      I've merged your two threads, but please keep all future requests to the same one.

                      Your image would certainly be rejected for soft, and dark/contrast. There are two big problems, neither of which have to do with equipment or processing. 1) you are too far away from the aircraft, which is leading you to need to crop a significant amount from the frame. This reduces the quality and makes it harder to hide any flaws. 2) the light/weather you are shooting it is terrible, and not conducive at all for good results if you are looking to have images accepted here.

                      Remedy those two problems the next time you go shooting, and then perhaps we can look at what processing steps need to be taken.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for merging.


                        Your both guesses are true. (1) I was on top of a building, aircraft was quite high. I tried because images looked fine to me. Turns out they are not. (2) Weather wasnt bad but clouds were, at this shot sun was behind the clouds which may resulted in noise on aircraft.

                        Thankfully I got images with full-aircraft on frame, I will try to process them. Currently my biggest problem is sharpening. I will try to learn sharpening techniques in order to prevent soft images. Thanks for helping out!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hows that?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	P8295104-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	1042985

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by emirhan View Post
                            Hows that?

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28897[/ATTACH]
                            This would be rejected for soft, compression, and borderline contrast. Centering is not perfect as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	PB240062.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	971.4 KB
ID:	1075588

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X