Emirhan - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirhan - Editing advice

Im really new to planespotting, i watched some vids and read guides. I cant crop properly.

Original picture is this (dont mind exposure and horizon level) :

Simple and lightning fast image sharing. Upload clipboard images with Copy & Paste and image files with Drag & Drop

After I crop quality becomes:

Simple and lightning fast image sharing. Upload clipboard images with Copy & Paste and image files with Drag & Drop

Im using PS CC.

Thanks.

Originally posted by emirhan View Post
    Im really new to planespotting, i watched some vids and read guides. I cant crop properly.

Original picture is this (dont mind exposure and horizon level) :

After I crop quality becomes:

Im using PS CC.

Thanks.
    Looks about right. What do you think the issue is with the cropped image?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Looks about right. What do you think the issue is with the cropped image?
      General quality of image, for example when I zoomed to image registration is just looking bad. If its OK, no problem for me.

Comment

General quality of image, for example when I zoomed to image registration is just looking bad. If its OK, no problem for me.
        While cropping , I advise you to pay attention to the distance between A/C and edges both horizontally and vertically.

(Translate) P.S: Gayet güzel.

Comment

Originally posted by theaviationspotter View Post
          While cropping , I advise you to pay attention to the distance between A/C and edges both horizontally and vertically.

(Translate) P.S: Gayet güzel.
          Thanks, are you Firat Cimenli (http://theaviationspotter.com) ? If you are, thank you very much for your guide. Both video and text is pretty good.

Comment

You are correct, the quality is poor, but the quality of the original uncropped image is also very poor. Why would you expect this to change simply by cropping it? If anything, cropping usually shows the flaws even more.

If you want your final, cropped image to look better, you need to start with a better quality original.

Comment

You are correct, the quality is poor, but the quality of the original uncropped image is also very poor. Why would you expect this to change simply by cropping it? If anything, cropping usually shows the flaws even more.

If you want your final, cropped image to look better, you need to start with a better quality original.
              I guess i used the term "quality" wrong. Im was trying to say cropped images resolution is bad so even registration is readable hardly.

Comment

I guess i used the term "quality" wrong. Im was trying to say cropped images resolution is bad so even registration is readable hardly.
                The cropped image has no problems with resolution/compression. The registration is hardly readable because it is soft. It is soft because the original image is very soft - which goes back to my point. If you start with a high-quality original, your cropped image should also be high quality. If you don't, it won't be.

Comment

The cropped image has no problems with resolution/compression. The registration is hardly readable because it is soft. It is soft because the original image is very soft - which goes back to my point. If you start with a high-quality original, your cropped image should also be high quality. If you don't, it won't be.
                  Thank you. You are totally right.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Comment

Emirhan - Editing advice

Hello everyone. Im here with a lot of photos and none of them accepted currently. I dont know where to start learning post-processing. I hope to get better with trying again and again.

(Im using M43 sensor camera which is not that common (at least for planespotters) but I dont think it is the issue. I guess Im doing some step(s) wrong. )

For example (theres something wrong with this picture but I cant see what it is):

Out of the body JPEG: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.JPG
                    Out of the body RAW: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.ORF

Edit: Tried again: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...P9076437-1.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone. Im here with a lot of photos and none of them accepted currently. I dont know where to start learning post-processing. I hope to get better with trying again and again.

(Im using M43 sensor camera which is not that common (at least for planespotters) but I dont think it is the issue. I guess Im doing some step(s) wrong. )

For example (theres something wrong with this picture but I cant see what it is):

Out of the body JPEG: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.JPG
                      Out of the body RAW: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...z/P9076437.ORF

Edit: Tried again: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.co...P9076437-1.jpg
                      When you get the chance, please read here:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

I've merged your two threads, but please keep all future requests to the same one.

Your image would certainly be rejected for soft, and dark/contrast. There are two big problems, neither of which have to do with equipment or processing. 1) you are too far away from the aircraft, which is leading you to need to crop a significant amount from the frame. This reduces the quality and makes it harder to hide any flaws. 2) the light/weather you are shooting it is terrible, and not conducive at all for good results if you are looking to have images accepted here.

Remedy those two problems the next time you go shooting, and then perhaps we can look at what processing steps need to be taken.

Comment

Thanks for merging.

Your both guesses are true. (1) I was on top of a building, aircraft was quite high. I tried because images looked fine to me. Turns out they are not. (2) Weather wasnt bad but clouds were, at this shot sun was behind the clouds which may resulted in noise on aircraft.

Thankfully I got images with full-aircraft on frame, I will try to process them. Currently my biggest problem is sharpening. I will try to learn sharpening techniques in order to prevent soft images. Thanks for helping out!

Comment

Hows that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P8295104-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	1042985

Comment

Hows that?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28897[/ATTACH]
                            This would be rejected for soft, compression, and borderline contrast. Centering is not perfect as well.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PB240062.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	971.4 KB
ID:	1075588

Comment

Working...
                              X