Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Screening Request

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi people. I took this helicopter (yes, the image is still a work in progress, i still have to edit it properly) but i know NOTHING about it: It is an AW139 but apart from that i don't know things like registration or serial number. Under this situation, can i still upload this image and, if yes, how?
    Regards
    Luca
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Luca_G22 View Post
      Hi people. I took this helicopter (yes, the image is still a work in progress, i still have to edit it properly) but i know NOTHING about it: It is an AW139 but apart from that i don't know things like registration or serial number. Under this situation, can i still upload this image and, if yes, how?
      Regards
      Luca
      This is the photo editing forum, where you ask for advice on editing your images. You might want to try a different forum if you're looking for help on info.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi everybody. I had two rejections recently that i have some problem to understand (i hope i am writing this post in the right place).
        First one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8174488 (histogram seems to be alright, i didn't want to increase exposition not to "burn" the white parts), dark zones seem to be not excessively high.
        Second one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8175301 what is the similar photo? I don't have anyone of the same registration already in the database. Yes, there was another photo of the same plane in the queue, but it was a takeoff, so no similarities (in fact in the previous queue i had two pictures of the same airplane, one in takeoff and one in landing, and both of them have been accepted without any trouble).
        Regards
        L

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Luca_G22 View Post
          Hi everybody. I had two rejections recently that i have some problem to understand (i hope i am writing this post in the right place).
          First one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8174488 (histogram seems to be alright, i didn't want to increase exposition not to "burn" the white parts), dark zones seem to be not excessively high.
          Yes, just a bit dark, especially in the shadows. Should be easy to fix.

          Originally posted by Luca_G22 View Post
          Second one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8175301 what is the similar photo? I don't have anyone of the same registration already in the database. Yes, there was another photo of the same plane in the queue, but it was a takeoff, so no similarities (in fact in the previous queue i had two pictures of the same airplane, one in takeoff and one in landing, and both of them have been accepted without any trouble).
          They were in fact deemed too similar despite being take off and landing as the angle and composition were nearly identical.

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi everyone
            This photo has been rejected
            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8198806
            Initially i thought for something related to the lack of infos, but then i read the reason. Photo was took with the subject with the sun in front. Initially i took the first photos on the other side of the helicopter, but the friend that was with me, another jp uploader, suggested me to take the pictures on this side, because it was more entlightened. In fact sun was a little bit on the right side of the helicopter. I consider this image not backlit (i repeat, sun was in front but also more on the right side than to the left one), and a good image too, with the moon on the background.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Luca_G22 View Post
              Hi everyone
              This photo has been rejected
              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8198806
              Initially i thought for something related to the lack of infos, but then i read the reason. Photo was took with the subject with the sun in front. Initially i took the first photos on the other side of the helicopter, but the friend that was with me, another jp uploader, suggested me to take the pictures on this side, because it was more entlightened. In fact sun was a little bit on the right side of the helicopter. I consider this image not backlit (i repeat, sun was in front but also more on the right side than to the left one), and a good image too, with the moon on the background.
              I agree with the screeners here. Most of what we see, is in its own shadow.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi everyone. I am not fully confident about these pictures, the 777 in particular: it was taken early in the morning with the sky a bit misty, and i am wandering if an uploading is worthy, or it could occur in a rejection for contrast. The pictures of 787 and Beluga have been taken both with the sun quite aligned, but i think that both of them will not be considered backlit. Finally the little kids: for the picture of the embraer, i left some contrast to distinguish it from the clouds, but i have the fear to have left it still too dark; last but not least, the atr: is it soft? You know, my soft-skills about pictures are not very refined and I often need your help in this situation. Thank you in advance for any reply, have a good evening.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Luca_G22 View Post
                  Hi everyone. I am not fully confident about these pictures, the 777 in particular: it was taken early in the morning with the sky a bit misty, and i am wandering if an uploading is worthy, or it could occur in a rejection for contrast. The pictures of 787 and Beluga have been taken both with the sun quite aligned, but i think that both of them will not be considered backlit. Finally the little kids: for the picture of the embraer, i left some contrast to distinguish it from the clouds, but i have the fear to have left it still too dark; last but not least, the atr: is it soft? You know, my soft-skills about pictures are not very refined and I often need your help in this situation. Thank you in advance for any reply, have a good evening.
                  1. borderline contrast
                  2. cropping/ratio, borderline contrast/noise
                  3. borderline heat haze
                  4. soft, contrast
                  5. cropping/ratio, soft, contrast

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hi!
                    I recently uploaded these photos but they were rejected by backlit, in my view they are not backlit because the light is not passing due to the tail and as far as I know if the tail is completely without light it is backlit which is beside the point.
                    What is your opinion?
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8266903
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8265170

                    Photos that were taken at the same time and that you can see how the light was:
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9772158
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9773147

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by PapaEchoDelta View Post
                      Hi!
                      I recently uploaded these photos but they were rejected by backlit, in my view they are not backlit because the light is not passing due to the tail and as far as I know if the tail is completely without light it is backlit which is beside the point.
                      What is your opinion?
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8266903
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8265170
                      Tail is completely in shadow in both images.

                      Originally posted by PapaEchoDelta View Post
                      Photos that were taken at the same time and that you can see how the light was:
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9772158
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9773147
                      Neither tail is in shadow.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Hello People
                        Can you tell me your opinion about the attached images, because i am not very confident about them?
                        There are 3 Dhl with three different types (i have fear that the A300 is a bit soft and with the other ones i struggled with the editing because they arrived, the first one early in the morning and the A330 late in the evening, so in both cases light was not at its best); The picture of the helicopter... i am not fully satisfied; last one, the fedex 757: part of the front gear is covered by the wells of the... electric feed (i suppose), is it a problem for you or it is a physiologic situation (which actually is), and the photo can be uploaded? (there is no other way to take it during the day).
                        Thanks for the answers and have a nice day
                        L
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Luca_G22 View Post
                          Hello People
                          Can you tell me your opinion about the attached images, because i am not very confident about them?
                          There are 3 Dhl with three different types (i have fear that the A300 is a bit soft and with the other ones i struggled with the editing because they arrived, the first one early in the morning and the A330 late in the evening, so in both cases light was not at its best); The picture of the helicopter... i am not fully satisfied; last one, the fedex 757: part of the front gear is covered by the wells of the... electric feed (i suppose), is it a problem for you or it is a physiologic situation (which actually is), and the photo can be uploaded? (there is no other way to take it during the day).
                          Thanks for the answers and have a nice day
                          L
                          1-3 are soft, with minor problems with exposure/contrast
                          4 is oversharpened
                          5 is soft and obstructed

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Still struggling with this photo. What do you think?
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Luca_G22 View Post
                              Still struggling with this photo. What do you think?
                              too noisy
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Sorry if i post the same image for the... third time, never felt so uncomfortable in editing a photo, this is the last time. Is it better?
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X