marc1201 - editing/screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    because before touching anything auto you need to learn how to read an histogram. By reading an histogram and adjusting the levels, 90% of the job is done
    Correct but not completely true i think. I basicly know how a histogram works, but sometimes it's just useless.

Comment

I agree with Alex about the histogram, which will prevent under-exposure and overexposure as well as to check the contrast

Olivier

Comment

Originally posted by olandes269 View Post
        I agree with Alex about the histogram, which will prevent under-exposure and overexposure as well as to check the contrast

Olivier
        Again, i agree but sometimes i have histograms that have only some spikes in the middle or slightly to the right. Not much info to get out then..

Comment

marc1201 - editing/screening advice

I know the plane is far from centered, but i find it an interesting picture with the 4 MAX planes in the background and also the tui behind the max planes.An all TUI photo
          Would such a picture be accepted? Probably not i think.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	566.5 KB
ID:	1042874

Comment

Originally posted by marc1201 View Post
            I know the plane is far from centered, but i find it an interesting picture with the 4 MAX planes in the background and also the tui behind the max planes.An all TUI photo
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28767[/ATTACH]
            Hi. I am not screener but..
            Would be reject for bad composition (poor crop) and soft

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28767[/ATTACH]
              Borderline for centering. Such framing may be acceptable with justification. For your image, were the parked aircraft a little more prominent and the gap a bit smaller, I would say no problem, but as it is, it will likely end up depending on whoever screens it. I'd probably be ok with it, but certainly can't guarantee the same for others.

Comment

Hi guy's
                I got a new (pre) screening for you. It's already uploaded, but if you think it would be rejected, i'll get it off again..
                Thanks already,
                Marc
                JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi guy's
                  I got a new (pre) screening for you. It's already uploaded, but if you think it would be rejected, i'll get it off again..
                  Thanks already,
                  Marc
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7646731
                  Hi Marc

I'm not a screener but I'm sure the crew won't pre-screen pictures that are already in the queue.
                  And If I'm allowed to give an opinion, I would remove this one, as it needs CW rotation. The tower is leaning to the left.
                  Hope this helps.

Beat Regards

Comment

Hi guy's
                    Thanks already,
                    Marc
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7646731
                    Please read, especially #2:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Comment

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                      Hi Marc

I'm not a screener but I'm sure the crew won't pre-screen pictures that are already in the queue.
                      And If I'm allowed to give an opinion, I would remove this one, as it needs CW rotation. The tower is leaning to the left.
                      Hope this helps.

Beat Regards
                      "but I'm sure the crew won't pre-screen pictures that are already in the queue."
                      This i don't understand..why wouldn't they? If i know ow that it would be rejected, i remove it and they don't have to screen it afterwards. Just the same effort in my opinion..
                      I know the church tower leans to the left, but the tree line is level. If i put the tower vertical i get a rejection for a unlevel horizon, i'm sure of that.(happened before) It's a distortion of my lens.
                      But ok, i'll remove it.

Comment

"but I'm sure the crew won't pre-screen pictures that are already in the queue."
                        This i don't understand..why wouldn't they? If i know ow that it would be rejected, i remove it and they don't have to screen it afterwards. Just the same effort in my opinion..
                        I know the church tower leans to the left, but the tree line is level. If i put the tower vertical i get a rejection for a unlevel horizon, i'm sure of that.(happened before) It's a distortion of my lens.
                        But ok, i'll remove it.
                        Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Comment

wkd001 i said i would remove the picture and i did, so no need to repeat dlowwa, he refered already to this post. So..now that the picture is out of the que, can i get a serious pre-screening please?

Comment

wkd001 i said i would remove the picture and i did, so no need to repeat dlowwa, he refered already to this post. So..now that the picture is out of the que, can i get a serious pre-screening please?
                            Borderline issue with oversharpening, otherwise would be ok for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                              Borderline issue with oversharpening, otherwise would be ok for me.
                              Thanks, i'll try to adjust that and re-upload.

Comment

Working...
                              X