Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescreen advice?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prescreen advice?

    Hello, I am new here.
    Are these photos acceptable or not?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkish_A330(2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	769.6 KB
ID:	1046501
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkish_A330.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	599.2 KB
ID:	1046502
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Chineese_airbus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1046503
    Click image for larger version

Name:	YAK-40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	791.5 KB
ID:	1046504
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SU-57.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	1046505
    P.S. I do not know a lot of info about the last one (bc it is a test prototype shown only once at the airshow) - would it be considered as "bad info"?

  • #2
    well i'm not going to comment on much because i'm not a screener but i can see a dust spot on ever image except the forth image.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello. I am not screener but all your photos are not acceptable.
      Reasons:
      1. Dark/Underexposed
      Composition/Centering
      Little contrast
      Noise/Grain
      Jpg compression artefacts
      Undersharpen/soft
      2. Dark/Underexposed
      Composition/Centering
      Little contrast
      Noise/Grain
      Jpg compression artefacts
      Undersharpen/soft
      3. Dark/Underexposed
      Composition/Centering
      Noise/Grain
      Jpg compression artefacts
      Undersharpen/soft
      4. Dark/Underexposed
      Composition/Centering
      Little contrast
      Noise/Grain
      Jpg compression artefacts
      Undersharpen/soft
      Blurry
      Heat distortion
      5. Dark/Underexposed
      Noise/Grain
      Jpg compression artefacts
      Undersharpen/soft
      Backlit
      And all have dust spots.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ShipSash View Post
        Dark/Underexposed
        And why this photos were accepted? They have the same exposure, or I am wrong?
        Last edited by dlowwa; 2019-10-14, 08:52. Reason: Images referred to don't belong to OP.

        Comment


        • #5
          These are right accepted photos. For your images look histogram for details. This issue is may be easy corrected by levels in PS unlike other issues.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ShipSash View Post
            look histogram for details
            Got it! Could you please show me the correct histogram for planespotting pictures?
            And can the noise or blur be the result of using a cheap camera/lens (2008 canon 400d and 75-300 zoom)? I can not affird a more expensive one bc I am broke(

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
              And can the noise or blur be the result of using a cheap camera/lens (2008 canon 400d and 75-300 zoom)? I can not affird a more expensive one bc I am broke(
              No, more a result of you shooting in less that ideal conditions. Under the right conditions, such equipment should be more than enough to produce images with good enough quality to be accepted.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                No, more a result of you shooting in less that ideal conditions. Under the right conditions, such equipment should be more than enough to produce images with good enough quality to be accepted.
                Thanks! And "right conditions" mean more sun and a better place to spot? That could be a real problem for me, considering I am taking mist of my pictures in St. Peteresburg (ULLI/LED). We have around 60 sunny days per year and quite a few spotting events...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                  Thanks! And "right conditions" mean more sun and a better place to spot?
                  Basically, yes.

                  Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                  That could be a real problem for me, considering I am taking mist of my pictures in St. Peteresburg (ULLI/LED). We have around 60 sunny days per year and quite a few spotting events...
                  Speaking as one, such is the plight of spotters who live in northerly areas

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    Speaking as one, such is the plight of spotters who live in northerly areas
                    That's why I was asking about the camera. It is very noisy at 200+ ISO, and in weather like this I have to shoot f/11 1/800 at 1600 ISO (and even after that I have to add the exposure in lightroom). The results are not very good...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7651-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	813.7 KB
ID:	1043299

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                      That's why I was asking about the camera. It is very noisy at 200+ ISO, and in weather like this I have to shoot f/11 1/800 at 1600 ISO (and even after that I have to add the exposure in lightroom). The results are not very good...
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29268[/ATTACH]
                      As I hinted at, nothing to do with your camera, and everything to do with the conditions and skill/knowledge of the photographer. A $4000 camera/lens would unlikely provide materially better results I guess.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I took this picture in more sunny conditions - is it any better? It is cropped a little so I can correct the composition if it's looking wrong. Thank you for your help and feedback in advance.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	VP-BIV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	1043633

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                          I took this picture in more sunny conditions - is it any better? It is cropped a little so I can correct the composition if it's looking wrong. Thank you for your help and feedback in advance.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]29674[/ATTACH]
                          Horizon's a bit off (needs CW rotation) and needs better centering, but quality looks ok.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks! Is this one better?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	VP-BIV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1043647

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                              Thanks! Is this one better?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]29689[/ATTACH]
                              Horizon is ok, but very soft now, and stabilizer is cut off.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X