Prescreen advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
    Hello, are long exposure shots like this one allowed?
    Not sure what you mean by 'long exposure' here. Perhaps you uploaded the wrong image?

Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
    And angles like this?
    This angle is acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not sure what you mean by 'long exposure' here. Perhaps you uploaded the wrong image?
      I took this shot at a slower shutter speed while following the plane to blur the background. Sorry for the bad english, I meant "a shot with a relatively slow shutter speed compared to 1/1250-1/2000 I usually use". Thanks!

Comment

I took this shot at a slower shutter speed while following the plane to blur the background. Sorry for the bad english, I meant "a shot with a relatively slow shutter speed compared to 1/1250-1/2000 I usually use". Thanks!
        Long exposure generally refers to exposure time measured in minutes. I think the term that better applies to the type of shot you are talking about is 'panning'. This type of image is acceptable - if done well, which is not necessarily an easy task to accomplish.

Comment

• https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9142338
          This photo was rejected for bad/overprocessing and bad info. Are the white areas halos and I should remove them? Also, I didn't include the airport info on this and 2 following photos on purpose. This is not a civilian airport and Putin recently went nuts over finding spies enemies of Russia so I fear for my freedom and life (they put people in jail even for smaller "crimes"). Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	585.5 KB
ID:	1116106

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9142338
            This photo was rejected for bad/overprocessing and bad info. Are the white areas halos and I should remove them? Also, I didn't include the airport info on this and 2 following photos on purpose. This is not a civilian airport and Putin recently went nuts over finding spies enemies of Russia so I fear for my freedom and life (they put people in jail even for smaller "crimes"). Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages.jpeg
Size:	585.5 KB
ID:	1116106
            Definitely looks like editing halos to me.

Comment

Definitely looks like editing halos to me.
              Thanks. Does this version also have halos (no significant postprocessing, just added some contrast but part of the sky under the fuselage also seems white on the editing tool)?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0956-8.jpg
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	1116117

Comment

Thanks. Does this version also have halos (no significant postprocessing, just added some contrast but part of the sky under the fuselage also seems white on the editing tool)?
                Better, though you'll probably want to remove the dust spots as well.

Comment

• Hello. Is quality and detail of this image acceptable or not? The plane was so small I had to crop a significant part of the image.

Name:	IMG_1584.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	1116230

Comment

Hello. Is quality and detail of this image acceptable or not? The plane was so small I had to crop a significant part of the image.

Name:	IMG_1584.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	1116230
                    Slight soft, poor contrast, and some compression. Contrast probably the biggest issue.

Comment

• Hello! Need your opinion on the following picture. Haze was already rising from the ground, I tried to remove it during the postprocessing — is the photo acceptable?
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2438-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	675.6 KB ID:	1117016
                      And here is my take№2 on a small soviet fella with a 200mm lens. Is quality good enough to be accepted or the plane is still to small and soft?
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2629-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	455.6 KB ID:	1117017

Comment

Hello! Need your opinion on the following picture. Haze was already rising from the ground, I tried to remove it during the postprocessing — is the photo acceptable?
                        Heat haze is visible in both images. It is not something that can be removed during postprocessing.

Comment

Heat haze is visible in both images. It is not something that can be removed during postprocessing.
                          Thanks. What about this one?

Name:	IMG_2576-3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	567.3 KB
ID:	1117028

Comment

Thanks. What about this one?

Name:	IMG_2576-3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	567.3 KB
ID:	1117028
                            Slight yellow cast.

Comment

Slight yellow cast.
                              Thanks. Is color good now? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2576-6.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	565.7 KB
ID:	1117146

Comment

Thanks. Is color good now? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2576-6.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	565.7 KB
ID:	1117146
                                Slightly better than the previous, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X